Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v5] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Couldn't be bothered rewinding but did anyone else think that Charlotte left the charity shop holding the box of jewelry, still open, then later the box was on the counter and Damo's sister said Charlotte had left it there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Beechfiled wrote: »
    Did Charlotte say she'll split the profit 70/50.

Yes! That's what I heard.. I thought I was hearing things!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,126 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Did Charlotte say she'll split the profit 70/50.

"Seventy-thirty" in fact.....it was just her Dublin 4 accent which made 'thirty' sound like 'fifty'.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

How did the gangsters get Lenka's number lol? Would they really waste there time coming after him just for helping a girl? Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

As always, this money-owed-to-Hayley story is pure sh1te. First the money was in Mondo's obsession, then Dean finds it and hands it to Louise. Louise hands it into the Garda station, (where presumably Garda Frank is guarding it with his life, he has nothing else to do) So now the money is in Garda custody, Mondo is in the clear, Louise hasn't a care in the world.
    But Dean, the only one who had absolutely nothing to do with it, has
    to go out there like a gladiator to earn it back. "I want me money back by Tuesday,"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

How did the gangsters get Lenka's number lol? Would they really waste there time coming after him just for helping a girl? Lol

Hes probably lying, hes probably into drugs or something and owes them money.

coolhull wrote: »
    As always, this money-owed-to-Hayley story is pure sh1te. First the money was in Mondo's obsession, then Dean finds it and hands it to Louise. Louise hands it into the Garda station, (where presumably Garda Frank is guarding it with his life, he has nothing else to do) So now the money is in Garda custody, Mondo is in the clear, Louise hasn't a care in the world.
    to go out there like a gladiator to earn it back. "I want me money back by Tuesday,"

Also the Gardai would surely be curious as to why Louise came straight to them with the money. The bag was supposedly left on the premises and she is the manageress. The correct thing to do would be to wait for the customer to reclaim the bag.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Strazdas wrote: »
    Also the Gardai would surely be curious as to why Louise came straight to them with the money. The bag was supposedly left on the premises and she is the manageress. The correct thing to do would be to wait for the customer to reclaim the bag.

Aha but what if Louise never handed the bag in at all? And when Dean gets fifty shades of c**p beaten out of him, she'll feel all guilty and fall into his arms, just as Michael walks into the room...

No maybe not, that sounds a little too like a worked up soap plot for FC!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

If the guards have the money, there's nothing to stop Louise and Hayley going down to collect it. It's none of the guards' business after that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 835 ✭✭✭dogcat

Was there any reason given for cutting it down to 3 a week again?

It ruins the continuity but one thing I like about Fair City is that the "duff-duff" or the cliffhanger of the episode is at the adbreak, so you can find out what happens before the end of the episode and the next episode is nearly always a new day whereas in soaps like EE a whole week can be only one day on the square.

• Advertisement

sligojoek wrote: »
    If the guards have the money, there's nothing to stop Louise and Hayley going down to collect it. It's none of the guards' business after that.

It's rather odd that Louise went to them with the bag and the money (even though we know her real reasons). It's not as if they operate an official lost property service in which everyone brings lost items to them. It would be different if Louise had found the bag on the pavement. I imagine the first thing the Gardai would do is ask why she had brought the bag to them, seeing as it clearly contains no ID and why she hadn't held on to it and waited for the customer to return.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Beechfiled

I bet its his wife.

Seriously, is he the best actor they could get. Hes shocking, he makes the rest of them look like the graduated from RADA.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

I bet its his wife.

Seriously, is he the best actor they could get. Hes shocking, he makes the rest of them look like the graduated from RADA.

I have to agree and had just logged on to say the same thing. He makes 'nuss' look like Meryl Streep :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,360 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

coolhull wrote: »

Dean must really love Louise

I bet its his wife..

:mad: god I hope not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

Strazdas wrote: »
    It's rather odd that Louise went to them with the bag and the money (even though we know her real reasons). It's not as if they operate an official lost property service in which everyone brings lost items to them. It would be different if Louise had found the bag on the pavement. I imagine the first thing the Gardai would do is ask why she had brought the bag to them, seeing as it clearly contains no ID and why she hadn't held on to it and waited for the customer to return.

Or even asked her to look through the CCTV in the bistro to see who had the bag ?

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Dean must really love Louise

Surely Sniffles should be the one to enter the ring for this bare knuckle contest. After all, he's the one who's sleeping with her. Poor ould Dean never got any further than slicing her tomato.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 835 ✭✭✭dogcat

Lenka's ex-fiancee to come to Carrigstown from London. Lenka left Trish, his fiancee before getting married.

Bullocks wrote: »
    Or even asked her to look through the CCTV in the bistro to see who had the bag ?

The cops would certainly be suspicious of Louise. What woman would forget where she left her handbag of all things? It's not the same as leaving a scarf or umbrella behind and a woman leaving the bistro minus her handbag containing several thousand Euros in cash seems unlikely in the extreme.

seriously how are we supposed to remember what the hell has happened in the soap by the time Tuesday comes around???????????????????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,207 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

fin12 wrote: »
    seriously how are we supposed to remember what the hell has happened in the soap by the time Tuesday comes around???????????????????

Alcohol. Lot's of it!

so why is Fair City not on?

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭hungrypig

Ffs, how embarrassing for the script writers of faircity that it has been axed to make way for a repeat of the effing Brennan brothers and the GLENEAGLE !!

so why is Fair City not on?

because they're tight b******s.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Dont worry. Every piece of dialogue is repeated throughout the week at least 5/6 times. Thats the fair city way

''I want me money by Thursday evening, I mean it''

'' Neil, did you not take your medication today?''

''It's all your fault, Wayne''

''Dermish, that's my final word on the matter sure''

'' Sit there on the park bench, and I'll give you a complete physical examination''

''I'm a driver short this week''

''Tommy, Junior is my child, I don't care who his real father is''

''Hey, c'mon, let me give you a nail treatment, you'll feel really better''

'I still want me money by Thursday evening, and I still mean it''

Now, simply learn those phrases off by heart, fin12, and it won't matter how many episodes you miss, those 10 phrases will cover everything that's likely to happen in Fair City for the foreseeable future.........;)

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭je551e

@RTEFairCity: Hi everyone! We have not had episodes on the last two Sundays due to scheduling. But don’t worry we will be back to normal on the 16th!

Tweeted the 05/08/2015

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

je551e wrote: »
    @RTEFairCity: Hi everyone! We have not had episodes on the last two Sundays due to scheduling. But don’t worry we will be back to normal on the 16th!

Tweeted the 05/08/2015

Well it was due to scheduling! Who knew!?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Probably a rumour but I heard it was Wayne's turn to press play for fair city in rte studios for last few weeks, he put in wrong tape

• Advertisement

Strange that Dolores hasn't been in the salon for months, yet Niamh only decided to get a replacement 'hairdresser' last week.
    And since the new lady had nothing to say except "thanks" and "goodbye" I can't see much of a future for her in FC.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement