Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v5] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,611 ✭✭✭✭walshb

coolhull wrote: »
    "thanks" and "goodbye" I can't see much of a future for her in FC.

Throw in "sure" and she'll reach cult status in no time..............

Leo in Fair City

0232_4176_500.jpeg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Benjamin is great character

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Black Menorca

Oh no. Thats the worst English accent I've heard in a long time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,665 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

The nodding Bistro employee who can't speak to the customers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

"And you're never out of that Spar shop!" - he's in Fair City love - comes with the territory.

In fairness a decent actress . Accent sounds real to me - northern though not cockney .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

This new english one is insufferable, just clear all out aggressive attacking and we don't have a clue what it's about. Stupid way to introduce a new character.

This new english one is insufferable, just clear all out aggressive attacking and we don't have a clue what it's about. Stupid way to introduce a new character.

Rubbish. That's the best way . FC has an awful habit of entrances that are trailed for weeks. As to what it's about - easy , the guy is a cheat and a liar.

Jaysus the blood on Dean's chest is like a Salvador Dali painting! ! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

Wayne: "And we never ripped anyone off either."

Except your own mother.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Wayne: "And we never ripped anyone off either."

Except your own mother.

I couldn't believe it when he said that... :D
    FC writers may have forgotten but we haven't. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 309 ✭✭ubs69

Leo in Fair City

0232_4176_500.jpeg

No, that's mr splash

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Willo1

Is Niamh saying that she can't take Dolores back because the temp has a contract? Surely she could just give the temp notice - how would she have more rights than a long-term employee? Makes no sense.

Oh Niamh that was a low blow to Doloroes

They are defo setting up who tried to kill Paul storyline

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,360 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

FC cant kill off Paul, he is their Ken Barlow, Ian Beale, Phil Mitchell etc., :p

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    FC cant kill off Paul, he is their Ken Barlow, Ian Beale, Phil Mitchell etc., :p

I said WHO TRIED

poor thing still not over Ross death in Emmerdale she not reading my post properly :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,360 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I said WHO TRIED

poor thing still not over Ross death in Emmerdale she not reading my post properly :D

:o yes still heartbroken :(

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Willo1 wrote: »
    Is Niamh saying that she can't take Dolores back because the temp has a contract? Surely she could just give the temp notice - how would she have more rights than a long-term employee? Makes no sense.

Dolores should contact Ray. He's the go-to guy in Carringstown when it comes to industrial disputes. Mind you, he wasn't much use to Doug a couple of weeks ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,207 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Flagged it a few pages back. Big September story with life changing ****e for other characters. Paul is heading for his mary lou. FACT! It's more obvious than your sight!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Flagged it a few pages back. Big September story with life changing ****e for other characters. Paul is heading for his mary lou. FACT! It's more obvious than your sight!

Ooooops. You actually heard about Paul Brennan's attempted murder Here, from ME first! ;);)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,207 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Ooooops. You actually heard about Paul Brennan's attempted murder Here, from ME first! ;);)

Rachael does it!;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

That was terrible thing to say to Wayne's Ma

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Follow the Money Trail, Part 1....

Mondo collects 4,000 euro, from 'bad debtors', and brings it to a tapas bar, (as you do), in a brown paper envelope
    Mondo gives it to Dean to mind
    Dean passes it to Louise
    Louise takes it to the Gardai
    There follows a fortnight of threats, gangster-talk, match arranging, finger-breaking, ''I want me money by Friday, I mean it''

Follow the Money Trail, Part 2.....

Dean wins the money in a bare-knuckle fight (even though he lost. Makes you wonder how much the winner earned)
    Dean gives the money to Louise.
    Louise hands it to Hayley
    Hayley passes the money on to Robbie, for some unexplained reason, and Robbie pockets it (?????)Funnily enough, it's still in the same brown envelope that Mondo had in his possession originally...Of course, nobody, anywhere in the chain, bothers to open the envelope to check the money. Sure 'tis only four thousand, why bother counting it?
    This all happens within the space of fifteen minutes in tonight's episode.

Presumably, Gardai John Deegan and Frank Maguire split the cash that Louise gave them......

Jaysis, even the Financial Regulator and the Dail Banking Enquiry wouldn't be able to figure this one out, so what hope have we got?:confused::confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

hahaha so funny, Decco to Charlotte, " do you remember those scones you made" actually the last time I made scones they were really nice but they were really small so I started calling them micro scones haha i dont know why though because I used self raising flour, Dean just looked like someone squeezed a load of red sause all over his chest, Ive seen people after hurling matches more battered than him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

desbrook wrote: »
    "And you're never out of that Spar shop!" - he's in Fair City love - comes with the territory.

In fairness a decent actress . Accent sounds real to me - northern though not cockney .

omg thats so funny did she actually say that about the spar shop haha :):) ya I liked her accent as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Fair City producers couldnt handle a whodunnit story. RTE would have the details revealed of the exact story before the killing even occurred. Coronation Street style.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,126 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Dolores started it though, suggesting Niamh was a bad mother and then the argument spiralled from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Rachael does it!;)

I'm thinking Ruthie. We all remember the Maggie & mr burns saga on the Simpsons!

coolhull wrote: »
    Follow the Money Trail, Part 1....

Mondo collects 4,000 euro, from 'bad debtors', and brings it to a tapas bar, (as you do), in a brown paper envelope
    Mondo gives it to Dean to mind
    Dean passes it to Louise
    Louise takes it to the Gardai
    There follows a fortnight of threats, gangster-talk, match arranging, finger-breaking, ''I want me money by Friday, I mean it''

Follow the Money Trail, Part 2.....

Dean wins the money in a bare-knuckle fight (even though he lost. Makes you wonder how much the winner earned)
    Dean gives the money to Louise.
    Louise hands it to Hayley
    Hayley passes the money on to Robbie, for some unexplained reason, and Robbie pockets it (?????)Funnily enough, it's still in the same brown envelope that Mondo had in his possession originally...Of course, nobody, anywhere in the chain, bothers to open the envelope to check the money. Sure 'tis only four thousand, why bother counting it?
    This all happens within the space of fifteen minutes in tonight's episode.

Presumably, Gardai John Deegan and Frank Maguire split the cash that Louise gave them......

Jaysis, even the Financial Regulator and the Dail Banking Enquiry wouldn't be able to figure this one out, so what hope have we got?:confused::confused:

A career in forensic accountancy awaits?

• Advertisement

dave1982 wrote: »
    That was terrible thing to say to Wayne's Ma

Bad as it was, it was Doll who got quite personal first!

The whole Wayne saying "we never ripped anyone off" has to be the writers taking' the pi$s out of us here! Has to be. In your face, boardsies!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement