Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v5] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,360 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

hungrypig wrote: »
    Hayley is ridiculous, she walks into every scene the very same.....storms in and puts her hand in her hips, she usually disregards personal space when talking to people, and her expression is always the same.
    Nina is ultra annoying, who the f**k would want to read an 'article' about cass and charlotte selling carrots

Bugs-Bunny-Carrot-icon.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,126 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

hungrypig wrote: »
    They did, not so well apparently, the children of Ireland will be spared her as a mûinteoir.

How bizarre was it by the way that she chose to extend her holiday in Greece and not even bother to return to Dublin to get her results? She's been fretting for the last year over the Leaving and using all her spare time to study.

Do you think Rachel will bring back a holiday romance with her, another Lenka :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,611 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Strazdas wrote: »
    How bizarre was it by the way that she chose to extend her holiday in Greece and not even bother to return to Dublin to get her results? She's been fretting for the last year over the Leaving and using all her spare time to study.

Maybe she'll doe a Dermish-Jo-Ken-Aunty Deirdre on it and have a skype results night?

Anyway, she can fooking stay in Greece for all I care. Insufferable!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,202 ✭✭✭jos28

SO many silly/annoying characters in FC at the moment. It's time to hire a bus to load up and get rid of them all. If the stupid characters were gone, maybe the FC writers could sit down and write some interesting stuff.
    First on the bus
    Hayley- Ridiculous character with a ridiculous storyline. If she doesn't go down to the Garda Station and collect that bag of money, then I will !! I'll book a night out for us all :D
    Nina - Seriously :confused: Sniffing around Cass and his carrots when we have REAL issues for journalists to write about.
    Lenka - Do I really need to explain
    Anymore for the bus, tickets on sale now !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,611 ✭✭✭✭walshb

jos28 wrote: »
    SO many silly/annoying characters in FC at the moment. It's time to hire a bus to load up and get rid of them all. If the stupid characters were gone, maybe the FC writers could sit down and write some interesting stuff.
    First on the bus
    Hayley- Ridiculous character with a ridiculous storyline. If she doesn't go down to the Garda Station and collect that bag of money, then I will !! I'll book a night out for us all :D
    Nina - Seriously :confused: Sniffing around Cass and his carrots when we have REAL issues for journalists to write about.
    Lenka - Do I really need to explain
    Anymore for the bus, tickets on sale now !!

Surely Ama has overstayed her welcome? Throw in the OAPs as well. Bella and Charlie and Cass are useless.

Hayley is easy on the eye. Maybe let her stay for a bit more. Has Jack gotten the bus? How about Junior?

I actually don't mind Hayley

Ama and Louise I find annoying and irritating

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭maurv1

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Do you think Rachel will bring back a holiday romance with her, another Lenka :p

Well if she's in Greece, more likely to be a Stavros or Yannis or whatever;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,202 ✭✭✭jos28

We won't be long filling the seats at this rate !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭Lollipop95

Strazdas wrote: »

She might have gotten them online? I wonder if they'll have her go down the PLC route, they actually provide a back door into most courses. Probably not though! Like most soap characters, she will get a full time job magically (Carrigstown must be the only place in Ireland that's constantly hiring young people, pity it's only fictional!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭Lollipop95

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I actually don't mind Hayley

Ama and Louise I find annoying and irritating

They're SO dull too! Especially Louise, I'm beginning to wonder does she know how to smile!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,126 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Lollipop95 wrote: »
    She might have gotten them online? I wonder if they'll have her go down the PLC route, they actually provide a back door into most courses. Probably not though! Like most soap characters, she will get a full time job magically (Carrigstown must be the only place in Ireland that's constantly hiring young people, pity it's only fictional!)

Yes, she could have gotten them immediately online or even phoned the school and asked them to read out her results. But the point would be that getting her results with her friends would almost be a 'rite of passage' for her, especially as she was so invested in her Leaving this year and studied so hard for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 835 ✭✭✭dogcat

I think it's more of a "Who Will Stay In Carrigstown" rather than "Who Will Go On The Bus"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

Yeah it is a bit stupid Rachel staying on holidays (indefinitely it seems - realistic!) instead of coming home for her Leaving Cert results. Did Katy stay on with her?? If yes that's doubly stupid coz she (& her family) would've wanted to be home for hers & why haven't we seen Stripey & Gripey moaning & wondering about her staying on like Paul? If no & she came home as scheduled then where the hell is she & why have we not seen anything of her or her parents in relation to her results? Aaaaaagggghhhh,FC drives me mad!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭Pretzill

dogcat wrote: »
    I think it's more of a "Who Will Stay In Carrigstown" rather than "Who Will Go On The Bus"

Yeah I'm with that. Leo wakes up, after the bus has left without him, to be the last man standing in Carraigstown - what follows is half an episode with Leo raiding the spar for supplies, jazz handing to himself etc. But just as he picks up the guitar to play the opening chords of the FC theme tune the bus carrying the new arrivals flattens him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Seriously what was the story with that Lenka story. What was the point of him. And did I miss the bit where everything became rosy and Jim between his missus, Ama and himself??

Please someone explain??

Oh ffs.

Veronica Lesbian's journalism escapades have now turned to vegetables in muck.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Nina doing the interview with Cass and Charlotte - and jotting down stuff in a notebook. Why doesn't she use some kind of recording device, even her smartphone or do journalists these days learn shorthand?

Not a bother on Robbie but Doctor Diagnose on the Street says he is dying after a cut!!! Seen it all now.

surely Paddy Bishop's death would have been massive news in the media in "soapland" world. Yet Sherlock Holmes the journalist has never even heard about him even though she is a local.

Christ.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

"You have until next week."

F*ck me.

Also, a major criminal dies and a local journalist hasn't a clue about him?!?

Pull the other one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,665 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Nina might be sleeping with the fishes soon, Charlotte has form when it comes to getting rid of people!

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Hamadeusentman

Jayzus thank God yet man Lenka is gone and his gravelly, whispery voice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

Just in case any of you missed it at the end of tonights show, its on on Sunday.

Aside from that, does anyone else think that the reappearance of
    Flynn
    have anything to do with the
    upcoming catastrophe?
    given that he was last seen
    ripping off Wayne

When they mentioned
    catastrophe
    , that could
    probably rule out murder, another fire or actually seeing Dean boxing
    but with
    RTE's budget, we could also probably rule out a bus/plane crash too

Maybe
    Pauls empire falls to the ground with people trapped inside it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Flynn has been in the show before? Do tell!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭John Joe Jones

yeah on and off since 2002.

Just in case any of you missed it at the end of tonights show, its on on Sunday.

Aside from that, does anyone else think that the reappearance of
    Flynn
    have anything to do with the
    upcoming catastrophe?
    given that he was last seen
    ripping off Wayne

When they mentioned
    catastrophe
    , that could
    probably rule out murder, another fire or actually seeing Dean boxing
    but with
    RTE's budget, we could also probably rule out a bus/plane crash too

Maybe
    Pauls empire falls to the ground with people trapped inside it?

Nah, knowing RTE's budget, the catastrophe will be Cass falling into the hole they dug to grow the potatos.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

is Flynn that weasel who pops in and out of the show to make carol's life a misery?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

I don't know if you're taking the mick or not but he's been the Don (pun intended) of Fair City since time began...

Don't mention his name in front of the Wayne, Dolores, Decco, Charlotte, Leo and no doubt Carol too..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

yeah on and off since 2002.

Interesting. He kind of reminds me of one of the guys in the movie snatch...who feeds his victims to pigs!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement