Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v5] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

I don't know if you're taking the mick or not but he's been the Don (pun intended) of Fair City since time began...

Don't mention his name in front of the Wayne, Dolores, Decco, Charlotte, Leo and no doubt Carol too..

No, not taking the Mick! I only succumbed to pressure to start watching the show in 2013. So I genuinely have no clue what people are talking about sometimes, and it can be difficult to find out! There's no fair city wiki or anything to speak of :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

No, not taking the Mick! I only succumbed to pressure to start watching the show in 2013. So I genuinely have no clue what people are talking about sometimes, and it can be difficult to find out! There's no fair city wiki or anything to speak of :/

Ah ok sorry... there's folk here with more knowledge of Fair City and its history than multiple wiki pages :D

Ah ok sorry... there's folk here with more knowledge of Fair City and its history than multiple wiki pages :D

There sure is :) So please people help me out when I'm lost!!

There sure is :) So please people help me out when I'm lost!!

We will of course... I'm not normally this narky so ask away :D

We will of course... I'm not normally this narky so ask away :D

I'll get started with a list so ;)

That scene makes so much more sense now, if Flynn is an antagonist of Carols....

• Advertisement

I'll get started with a list so ;)

That scene makes so much more sense now, if Flynn is an antagonist of Carols....

He was also involved in / hand a hand in such heinous deeds as:
    - The disappearance and subsequent murder of Lana - Leos wife
    - Decco being battered when he was in custody
    - Relieving Dolores of her millions
    - All manner of transgressions against Carol

Also every time the "no more secrets or lies" and "I'm going on the straight and narrow" lines are trotted out in a soap, the phone rings or someone rings the doorbell - courtesy of Soap Clichés 101 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Same here, Flippy, I too started to watch it in 2013, mainly because I wanted to join the crack here on this thread. Some recent characters, like Hughie , Doug and Neil, I hadn't a clue about. Nor can I figure why most of the children don't seem to know who their own parents are, (Icertainly don't) and everyone seems to have a grandparent that's only a few years older than them!

It took me a while to figure out that the 'scriptwriters' don't know a fukkin' thing about the show either ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Seriously who writes the info on sky, Dean confronts Robbie with catastrophic consequences, in a critical emergency Shane is faced with a critical decision ???

I sat down expecting something big

A new low tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,207 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

dave1982 wrote: »
    Seriously who writes the info on sky, Dean confronts Robbie with catastrophic consequences, in a critical emergency Shane is faced with a critical decision ???

A new low tonight

Cheers. Just read this before watching. Going to watch the paint dry on the shed door instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭Pretzill

dave1982 wrote: »

A new low tonight

True. And I know there is an artery in the leg which if ruptured can cause fatal loss of blood but the scene wasn't sold well at all - Robbie was so laid back from the start 'just call Shane'

A GP who can drop everything to visit a patient for what seems like a nasty cut? The last time I called a GP in Dublin for a home visit I was waiting about eight hours!!

Of course the scene was further ridiculed by Robbie's nonchalant demenour - be was only short of telling Dr Shane to move a little to his left so he could finish his paperwork whilst Shane was sweating over the timebomb of his injury. Does noone look over theses scenes before they decide to run with them. It's getting worse.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

yeah on and off since 2002.

Flynn was only introduced in 2012. DON Baker was in it before under a different character. I am pretty sure about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭hungrypig

So many bad scenes tonight. Cass and Charlotte sticking carrots in the ground and being interviewed by nina:eek: , that was just weird.
    Lenka and his mot, yes no one saw them make up and ama was best buddies with him. Surely she would be telling the Brit to legit from lenka as fast as she could, just like she did.
    The 'medical' scene in the station was a joke . When is nuss going to be finally sacked for being a d*ckhead to her boss ? Everyone was very calm considering the doc said greasy only had minutes to live.......he might as well have said that cass is selling two bunches of carrots for the price of one. Even dean, who would have been up for manslaugher looked chilled out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭John Joe Jones

Flynn was only introduced in 2012. DON Baker was in it before under a different character. I am pretty sure about that.

No Don Baker was Flynn since 2002 https://stillslibrary.rte.ie/indexplus/image/1032/019.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

hungrypig wrote: »
    So many bad scenes tonight. Cass and Charlotte sticking carrots in the ground and being interviewed by nina:eek: , that was just weird.
    Lenka and his mot, yes no one saw them make up and ama was best buddies with him. Surely she would be telling the Brit to legit from lenka as fast as she could, just like she did.
    The 'medical' scene in the station was a joke . When is nuss going to be finally sacked for being a d*ckhead to her boss ? Everyone was very calm considering the doc said greasy only had minutes to live.......he might as well have said that cass is selling two bunches of carrots for the price of one. Even dean, who would have been up for manslaugher looked chilled out.

why would Ama tell the english one that she should legit from Lenka if she did that she would be stuck with him back in Carrigstown and obviously Ama is a lot nicer to him now because she is glad he is going.

Its so ridiculous anyway he ran away from her lied to her and then she comes over finds him and books a holiday for them after that behaviour.

In tonights mild temperatures, the paint on the shed door has dried ahead of schedule. I'm tired looking at it. So I'm going to treat myself to tonights episode of FC because by all accounts here, its like a feckin Carry On Movie!

That load of crap will keep me awake all night thinking about how bad it was.

Flynn? Whats with the badly acted/shot on a phone Don Baker lookalike.:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,126 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Seriously what was the story with that Lenka story. What was the point of him. And did I miss the bit where everything became rosy and Jim between his missus, Ama and himself??

Please someone explain??

It actually 'was' sorted out last night (Wednesday). Trish wanted Lenka to commit to her (marriage I presume) but he panicked and legged it to Dublin. But Ama urged him last night to go back to London with Trish and give the relationship another go and he then agreed to.

Grandeeod wrote: »
    That load of crap will keep me awake all night thinking about how bad it was.

Flynn? Whats with the badly acted/shot on a phone Don Baker lookalike.:eek:

It actually is Don (I'll never play a part like this again unless Hollywood comes calling - quote Herald in 2012) Baker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,611 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Don Baker needs to get back to the drawing board, fast! That scene and his line delivery was painful.

Ama's ass should be kicked out of that surgery for her insubordinate behavior. Nuss? Knob more like it.

As for D most pointless character in soapland, Nina. How D fook would she not have known about the killing/murder of a known criminal in Carrigstown? Weeks of her now pressing the locals for the most retrievable information. Even Decco alluded to a simple search engine check.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,126 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

walshb wrote: »
    Don Baker needs to get back to the drawing board, fast! That scene and his line delivery was painful.

Ama's ass should be kicked out of that surgery for her insubordinate behavior. Nuss? Knob more like it.

As for D most pointless character in soapland, Nina. How D fook would she not have known about the killing/murder of a known criminal in Carrigstown? Weeks of her now pressing the locals for the most retrievable information. Even Decco alluded to a simple search engine check.

Yes, he was perfectly entitled to make a decision to treat Robbie how he saw fit. He wasn't even asking for Ama's assistance.

• Advertisement

Strazdas wrote: »
    Yes, he was perfectly entitled to make a decision to treat Robbie how he saw fit. He wasn't even asking for Ama's assistance.

Absolutely. He made a professional call. There was no right or wrong with it. Her outburst was a joke. Sack that beeatch quick fast!

As for Dean. Surely Greasy will at least press charges? They guy wallops him, and according to the script almost kills him. How bloody friendly are they? I mean, Decco gets in sh1t over a broken taillight, and Dean can go an assault people and cause serious injury and there isn't a sign of the greasy coppers, Frank and Deegan? Jeez, if the three of them got together it would be one hell of a slippy mess!

And what was with Caddle to Dean? Make yourself useful and at least serve behind the bar? The fookin' state of him, and she thinks it's grand that he just starts serving the classy FC residents with drinks?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

Absolutely. He made a professional call. There was no right or wrong with it. Her outburst was a joke. Sack that beeatch quick fast!

As for Dean. Surely Greasy will at least press charges? They guy wallops him, and according to the script almost kills him. How bloody friendly are they? I mean, Decco gets in sh1t over a broken taillight, and Dean can go an assault people and cause serious injury and there isn't a sign of the greasy coppers, Frank and Deegan? Jeez, if the three of them got together it would be one hell of a slippy mess!

And what was with Caddle to Dean? Make yourself useful and at least serve behind the bar? The fookin' state of him, and she thinks it's grand that he just starts serving the classy FC residents with drinks?
    Ah now she told him to wash the blood of his hands and he agreed.

Ah now she told him to wash the blood of his hands and he agreed.

Good to go then!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

Good to go then!

Well it'd be a bit much to ask him to sort out the hair/beard colour mismatch.

It was a life threatening situation. Desperate calls had to be made.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Remember Phyllis from coronation street years and years ago, Dean has to be her son his hair more purple by the day, first I thoubt it was grey but no I think he dyed it ?

Next week Nina finds out John Lennon was shot and goes undercover to find the suspect.
    She also hears someone mention about a mysterious Austrian man called Adolf who has strong political ideologoes and sets her sights on bringing him down.
    Not content with that her suspicions are raised when someone mentions Shergar is missing. Being the diligent up to date journalist she is, she soon cops on there is more to his disappearance than meets the eye....

Also Robbie has a hangover but Dr. Diagnose on your Doorstep fears it could be leprosy whilst Wayne tells Orla that he was only playing with her mind and his allegiances lie with Paul and Niamh.

Oh and Ray pops up for twenty five seconds in an episode just so we all know he is alive whilst Carol finally opens the brown envelope that has been passed around like pass the parcel without being checked and there isn't a red cent in it. Nina just happens to be there when it's opened and comes to the conclusion that a baddie that she remembers from one of her The Famous Five books (her education in journalism) is behind the stolen money. She is he'll bent on tracking down the baddie but Laura has thrown all her Famous Five books into the Helping Hand, thus destroying vital evidence.. ....... How will Nina react???????

Next week Nina finds out John Lennon was shot and goes undercover to find the suspect.
    She also hears someone mention about a mysterious Austrian man called Adolf who has strong political ideologoes and sets her sights on bringing him down.
    Not content with that her suspicions are raised when someone mentions Shergar is missing. Being the diligent up to date journalist she is, she soon cops on there is more to his disappearance than meets the eye....

Brilliant. Her character and story lines are so laughable and unrealistic. Let's hope to god she doesn't find out about the bank bail out......

Brilliant. Her character and story lines are so laughable and unrealistic. Let's hope to god she doesn't find out about the bank bail out......

Don't worry. She hasn't heard about the Internet and only uses her copy book and Bic pen for her work. All her stories stem from walking around fair city set.

I've deadline to meet lol we will survive if we don't find out how Cass grows his veg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

It's back on tomorrow night......They must have been reading this thread and seen how upset us FC 'fans' were missing it. ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement