Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v5] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

no Fair City tomorrow

The lovely girls show is on tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,202 ✭✭✭jos28

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

jos28 wrote: »

That's gonna be tough to watch and difficult to portray.
    I'm the same gestation as her as well so won't be enjoying watching it at all!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,202 ✭✭✭jos28

Congrats, delighted for you. Maybe best not to watch, it's a rare occurrence but no point in upsetting yourself unnecessarily

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,126 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

washiskin wrote: »
    Then. yes, it was him! :)

Looks a bit like the bloke out of Westlife there....

Yeah, like Mark Feehily's much older brother (or father) :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,360 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Congrats, wish you all the best

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Congrats, Flippy, hope everything goes well for you

awe you guys :) thanks a thousand ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,207 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

In fairness, that Caoimhe/Damien/Baby storyline was a tad predictable.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭je551e

Congrats....how far along is she meant to be?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

Grandeeod wrote: »
    In fairness, that Caoimhe/Damien/Baby storyline was a tad predictable.

It is now .....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

We finally get a relatively hot girlfriend for Laura and she turns out to be the most irritating character I think that's ever been in FC. And that is a tough poll to lead given some of the past characters.

je551e wrote: »
    Congrats....how far along is she meant to be?
    thanks :) if their continuity is as it should be (cough cough) she should be around 19 weeks now. The big scan is given to most around 20-22 weeks so perhaps that will be when this sad event unfolds!

We finally get a relatively hot girlfriend for Laura and she turns out to be the most irritating character I think that's ever been in FC. And that is a tough poll to lead given some of the past characters.

Yes, she's not very likeable at all : hard nosed and cynical.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,611 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Strazdas wrote: »

But a hell of an instinctive reporter. She's all over the Paddy Bishop murder.

Strazdas wrote: »

Laura is worse. At least Nina's victims are strangers to her. Laura is standing by while relations, friends and neighbours she knows for years are being used by her girlfriend. The same girlfriend who could be on a plane in the morning if the right job offer came along. Unbelievable!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

desbrook wrote: »
    Laura is worse. At least Nina's victims are strangers to her. Laura is standing by while relations, friends and neighbours she knows for years are being used by her girlfriend. The same girlfriend who could be on a plane in the morning if the right job offer came along. Unbelievable!

Yeah but used for what ? The Paddy Bishop story must be 2 yrs old now and all she can add is that his daughter is digging carrots ! People being murdered every day of the week in Dublin and she is rooting at that crap , some portrayal of a reporter and Deans bareknuckle boxing crying to be made public in Carrickstown

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is it wrong I want Charlotte to kill Nina and bury her in the allotments

Might liven things up a bit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Bullocks wrote: »
    Yeah but used for what ? The Paddy Bishop story must be 2 yrs old now and all she can add is that his daughter is digging carrots ! People being murdered every day of the week in Dublin and she is rooting at that crap , some portrayal of a reporter and Deans bareknuckle boxing crying to be made public in Carrickstown

I see what you did there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

sligojoek wrote: »
    I see what you did there

Didn't even know I did that ! I might get a job with yer wans newspaper for wordsmithing like that :D

• Advertisement

Bullocks wrote: »

Yeah that's true but the point I was making is that Nina is making herself very unpopular and by association Laura too. I'd be very annoyed at someone I was only dating a month or two peeing off everyone in my locality. Laura seems to be standing by and letting it all happen around her.

By the way Charlottes biggest fear is not the publicity about her dad per se. It's that raking all the old stuff up will uncover the truth - that she put the knife in, not Vivienne.

Why doesn't Laura question Nina's credentials even, make it somewhat realistic?

Like: "Eh, Nina, why are you chasing an old and done to death story? Where the fook have you been the past two years?"

By the way Charlottes biggest fear is not the publicity about her dad per se. It's that raking all the old stuff up will uncover the truth - that she put the knife in, not Vivienne.

You need to re-watch that scene. Paddy put the knife in.....

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

walshb wrote: »
    You need to re-watch that scene. Paddy put the knife in.....

Yes, it's it was one of those stabbings that produce no blood whatever.
    Forensic scientists the world over have come to Carringstown to study the phenomenon.

coolhull wrote: »
    Forensic scientists the world over have come to Carringstown to study the phenomenon.

As well as next to no force from the blade. It tickled Paddy to death. Poor man. Ah well, maybe Nina's OTT inquisitiveness will get to the bottom of this.

Her next story is the curious case of Nuss's (Ama's) missing bag. Let's hope Deegan puts her out of her misery and tells her it's old fooking news, you clown!

Nina is like a cold case journalist. The cold case murder squad are probably headhunting her as we speak

Couple more tasty stories: How the Bistro survives on tomatoes alone (at least it's current, and relevant); Where oh where is Esther buried? Paul's long lost son(s); Carrigstown's wealthy: The Spar shoppers; and her breaking news special.......Dan caught smiling!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Hi i know this is totally unrelated to fair city sorry but how do you start a thread? I really need to ask a question.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

coolhull wrote: »

Yep, it was one of those rubber knives Hector Grey used to sell!

fin12 wrote: »
    Hi i know this is totally unrelated to fair city sorry but how do you start a thread? I really need to ask a question.

New Thread up around the top left of screen.

Yes, she's bang out of order. Didn't she start writing about the Halpin family at one stage and Damien was enraged?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

fin12 wrote: »

What's the question. I know a journalist that is mad for a story.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement