Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v5] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

Just catching up with Thursday's Episodes

So the reporter writing a story on Laura's Dad and says to her I hope you like it

Please Callum stop treating your mother like dirt then run to her when you need help

Ugh! post reunion scenes pure cringe

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭squadro

The golden scissors muuuhaaahaaa

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Jo got a taxi back from Cork. How would that cost?

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭squadro

**** knows but if it was yerman eoin driving it I'd have killed him by the time we cleared cahir.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

Some doctor this lad, conducting examinations in the chipper!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Black Menorca

Oh Bob. Leave the man along.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

dearbaile wrote: »
    For those who were wondering, the actress playing Katie is 24.

Has a 17 year old ever played a 17 year old?

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

I've got a bit of a sore throat. Think I'll nip down to the chipper........

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

All moo and no milk - love the new Doctor ! SO much better than Dr. Judy

• Registered Users Posts: 56,160 ✭✭✭✭walshb

FCs version of The Hangover. Not quite Hollywood.

"I'll report yeh, I won't report yeh, I'll report yeh." Bob, fook off!

Even the posh journalist has a da. Does anyone in FC have a dad or a father?

• Advertisement

walshb wrote: »
    FCs version of The Hangover. Not quite Hollywood.

"I'll report yeh, I won't report yeh, I'll report yeh." Bob, fook off!

Even the posh journalist has a da. Does anyone in FC have a dad or a father?

Well, some of them have stepfathers, but that's a dangerous topic. Lets avoid the subject :p

jos28 wrote: »
    All moo and no milk - love the new Doctor

Ha Ha The new doctor one liners are great

If ever the phrase a breath of fresh air was apt, it relates to Jim!

• Registered Users Posts: 86,726 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Does the actor who plays Dr Jim not turn on the 'scriptwriters' and shout at them : ''What the f**k is this sh*t? Why are you asking me to examine patients in pubs and chip-shops? This kinda story would be too far-fetched for 'Dora the Explorer''

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Dr. Jim is great

Owen Roe is a great actor and the voice of P.L. Mara on Dermot Morgan's Scrap Saturday.

htt ps :// www. youtube.com/ watch?v= HjFM AAeOv_c

Join the gaps to see/hear the link.

Dr. Jim is great

Owen Roe is a great actor and the voice of P.L. Mara on Dermot Morgan's Scrap Saturday.

Dr. Jim is great

Owen Roe is a great actor and the voice of P.J. Mara on Dermot Morgan's Scrap Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

You can say that again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

sligojoek wrote: »
    You can say that again.

Owen roe is a great actor and the voice of Timmy Tim on Dermish Morgan's Saturday night takeaway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭Pretzill

squadro wrote: »
    **** knows but if it was yerman eoin driving it I'd have killed him by the time we cleared cahir.

Cahir? I might have swerved him into the Lee before clearing the taxi at the last second...

Echo the plaudits for Dr Jim, he's getting some good lines too - maybe there is a writer who is working on character depth and dialogue at last!

Looks like Doug and Ama are just friends now...don't think Doug could've dealt with the no sex before marraige anyway; Cue headshake

"Ye wha?"

Head leans left.

"Watcha mean?"

Head twitches like a pigeon.

"looook Alma ... eh Ama... I didn't sign up for dat! Roight?"

Head spins.

"Butt Dug?"

Ama frowns - Doug smiles.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Haven't seen tonight's episode yet, but could there be something on the cards for dolly and jim. She seems pissed of with Pete and dr Jim seems very friendly ;);)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

Sorry but Owen Roe or no Owen Roe, Dr.Jim is totally unbelievable. More than anything else I just can't believe in any character but especially a doctor thrashing pills into their mouth (a) like they were smarties (loads) (b) in a panic like they were going to work instantly (c) in public places like a cafe table. It's like panto!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

desbrook wrote: »
    Sorry but Owen Roe or no Owen Roe, Dr.Jim is totally unbelievable. More than anything else I just can't believe in any character but especially a doctor thrashing pills into their mouth (a) like they were smarties (loads) (b) in a panic like they were going to work instantly (c) in public places like a cafe table. It's like panto!!!

Seemingly, in the acting world, quickly taking pills from a noisily shaking bottle whilst quickly shaking noisily is the international acting language for I'm an addict. There is no other way it can be portrayed :)

I also disagree with Dr Jim telling little kids you're only an alcoholic if you drink daily! Such an Irish attitude!!!

But he's a very decent actor IMO. Of course the character and his actions are funny, but it's soap.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,822 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

I don't know what sort of tablets he's taking where he's able to gulp them down a few at a time, you would imagine the large doses would make them toxic. Small steroids like Deltacortril perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,572 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

So the journo just happened to be in the area when Damo's dad jumped and by remarkable coincidence comes to do a story on a charity shop that Laura works in and also happens to be a lesbian.

So the journo just happened to be in the area when Damo's dad jumped and by remarkable coincidence comes to do a story on a charity shop that Laura works in and also happens to be a lesbian.

But its not as if the Halpin family went into hiding. Mammy Halpin was murdered by Daddy Halpin in Carrigstown. Not as if she uncovered them or anything.

Also no reporter ever goes back to 'explain' their story.

Really shoddy storyline.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭123balltv

Dr Jim must be missing those €60 payments for 5 mins in his office.

Whiskey and pills dont come cheap come on fair play :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

So the journo just happened to be in the area when Damo's dad jumped and by remarkable coincidence comes to do a story on a charity shop that Laura works in and also happens to be a lesbian.[/QUOTE

Ridiculous story, never mind Dr Jim, I'd love to know what the FC writers are having on their coffee breaks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement