Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v5] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Lisha wrote: »
    Deirdre and Ken's daughter died as far as I remember.

for some reason Im thinking she had two pregnancies with Ken and that one child survived but it must not be.

She's a hard faced bitch Joe, she'd have no Ben only for Deirdra and she's not thinking about Ben at all but herself.

Didn't flynn send the address of the restaurant where Carol and him were supposed to go and Dean was like that's really fancy so why did they end up eating in Vinos?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,207 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

The Beano Christmas Annual has more credibility than this soap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Lisha

Carol said if she was meeting him she would do so on her own turf.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

Lollipop95 wrote: »
    Jo is seriously OTT! :eek:

Completely ridiculous and Dermot is her lap dog.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭hungrypig

More cutting edge drama from faircity tonight with Charlotte throwing the carrots with all her might, it was spine tingling. It's just as well deegan is involved at this stage before it gets out of hand. My little son threw some lego about today and wouldn't clean it up when I asked him........I must see if oberstown detention centre do any tours, it's just what he needs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,126 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

fin12 wrote: »
    She's a hard faced bitch Joe, she'd have no Ben only for Deirdra and she's not thinking about Ben at all but herself.

Didn't flynn send the address of the restaurant where Carol and him were supposed to go and Dean was like that's really fancy so why did they end up eating in Vinos?

Yep, that ultimatum from Jo was completely wrong. She keeps going on about how Deirdre is upsetting Ben and disrupting his life when in fact he loves spending time with her and enjoys her company (in reality she's actually fuming and seething with resentment that the two of them get on so well together).

It has all blown up in her face anyway. Ben has enough cop on to realise that Jo is trying to force Deirdre out of his life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

I think the girl playing Deirdre is doing a great job. She has such a tragic look about her - very vulnerable. It's hard not to sympathise with her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,611 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Lollipop95 wrote: »
    Jo is seriously OTT! :eek:

I don't think she is. This woman has invaded her space/her house (out of nowhere) and is now looking like she's trying to win back her "son." What do you expect Jo to be like? The bond Jo has with her son is like any mother/child bond. The most powerful on earth. For that to be threatened by someone quite capable of damaging that bond must be very worrying for a mother.

Similar to when Callum, the toe rag arrives on Paul's door demanding this and that, and Niamh was upset, and folks here where saying she was OTT....

Wow, is that my first serious post here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

If Robbie needs money,why doesn't he go and claim his money from the garda station?

• Advertisement

Charlotte "I'm liquidating the business"

:D:D:D:D:D what? liquidating the veg you bought in aldi to dirty up to sell as organic

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭hungrypig

Charlotte "I'm liquidating the business"

:D:D:D:D:D what? liquidating the veg you bought in aldi to dirty up to sell as organic

I actually think she meant to say "lm liquidising " the carrots.

Charlotte really thrashed the allotment. Holy god, that poor wheelbarrow!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 77 ✭✭Beezer1

haha Its not like an important question its just I would really love to know if anybody knows any where in Ireland where you can get Perri white cheddar cheese popcorn? :):) sorry I just haven't a clue how to ask a question on boards.

Super value in Oranmore has it, have a picture but can't post it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I love how a wheel barrow over turned and a couple of veggies thrown about the place is vandalism :D lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

I love how a wheel barrow over turned and a couple of veggies thrown about the place is vandalism :D lol

Even more worrying than that it means Charlotte will end up inside according to Deco. Laughable. Then to cap it all Deegan offers to organise a trip to Mountjoy womens prison. Seriously writers ...like seriously??? how insulting is this to parents with kids who ARE off the rails ??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Of her own business as well...

walshb wrote: »
    I don't think she is. This woman has invaded her space/her house (out of nowhere) and is now looking like she's trying to win back her "son." What do you expect Jo to be like? The bond Jo has with her son is like any mother/child bond. The most powerful on earth. For that to be threatened by someone quite capable of damaging that bond must be very worrying for a mother.

Similar to when Callum, the toe rag arrives on Paul's door demanding this and that, and Niamh was upset, and folks here where saying she was OTT....

Wow, is that my first serious post here?

But who is Jo trying to protect here? It's a fact that Ben is adopted and has a natural birth mother and now he knows all about her so the current situation was nearly always going to arise.

Kicking Deirdre out of the house and telling her she can't see Ben for a year seems extreme. I can't help thinking it's the fact that Ben and Deirdre get on so well together is the thing that has her absolutely freaked.

Strazdas wrote: »
    But who is Jo trying to protect here? It's a fact that Ben is adopted and has a natural birth mother and now he knows all about her so the current situation was nearly always going to arise.

Kicking Deirdre out of the house and telling her she can't see Ben for a year seems extreme. I can't help thinking it's the fact that Ben and Deirdre get on so well together is the thing that has her absolutely freaked.

She had to "kick" her out of the house. The woman was arriving unannounced. Arrives completely out of the blue and is in and out of the house like a jack in the box. It would only be natural that an adopting mother would possibly be a little upset/frustrated/freaked to see her child getting on so well with the birth mother. Ok, maybe Jo is a little bit too angry, but she is right to be annoyed and very concerned with Deirdre and her sudden interest in her child.

There needs to be clear boundaries here, and Jo is trying to set them. If that means no contact then so be it. Jo is the mother here, not Deirdre. It's not like the arrangement has been in place and has grown steadily and naturally. It's completely out of the blue and in Jo's face. Only bound to be somewhat annoyed and angry and frustrated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Lisha

Didn't Jo, dermot and Deirdre falsify bens birth documents or done thing like that?
    Yes Jo is totally out of line by the way. I'm rooting now for Dermot and Deirdre to fall into each other's arms. And sadly for Jo she'll have driven them together

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭John Joe Jones

Didn't Jo, dermot and Deirdre falsify bens birth documents or done thing like that?

Yeah they used to pretend Ben was adopted from Belarus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,202 ✭✭✭jos28

Deirdre and Ken's daughter died as far as I remember.
    I clicked on here quickly and thought I'd clicked on the Coronation St forum. I was all confused and thinking Ken and Deirdre had a daughter :confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Yes Jo is totally out of line by the way. I'm rooting now for Dermot and Deirdre to fall into each other's arms. And sadly for Jo she'll have driven them together

I can kind of see things from Jo's point , as I don't think most adopted kids can find their parents until they're 18? I might be wrong about that. But it must be tough for Jo.

In saying that I am hoping for a dermot/Deirdre affair. But sadly I don't think fair city does awesome story lines such as this. I have a feeling this will just be a storyline that fades away into nothingness, as usual!

Beezer1 wrote: »
    Super value in Oranmore has it, have a picture but can't post it.

Thanks, What County is Oranmore in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65 ✭✭monicaali

Thanks, What County is Oranmore in?
    galway

monicaali wrote: »
    galway

oh right thanks actually someone else mentioned they saw them in Galway city so I think Galway is definetly the place to go, Thanks :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

She had to "kick" her out of the house. The woman was arriving unannounced. Arrives completely out of the blue and is in and out of the house like a jack in the box. It would only be natural that an adopting mother would possibly be a little upset/frustrated/freaked to see her child getting on so well with the birth mother. Ok, maybe Jo is a little bit too angry, but she is right to be annoyed and very concerned with Deirdre and her sudden interest in her child.

There needs to be clear boundaries here, and Jo is trying to set them. If that means no contact then so be it. Jo is the mother here, not Deirdre. It's not like the arrangement has been in place and has grown steadily and naturally. It's completely out of the blue and in Jo's face. Only bound to be somewhat annoyed and angry and frustrated.

Although in fairness last night Dermot had given Deirdre the key and had agreed that she look after Ben there while he went to meet a client. The previous night Ben had taken Dermot's phone and texted Deirdre. How was she to know it wasn't genuine? I think Deirdre can't do right for doing wrong.

What's coming out a lot here is Jo's complete disrespect for Dermot. She screamed something at him the other something to the effect of that woman being in 'my' house" - not 'our' house.

She is a bully and has no respect for Dermot, never mind Deirdre and I'm rooting for Dermot and Deirdre to get together.

While I should be feeling sympathy for the position Jo is in, I can't because she is so bossy and domineering.

For sure, any adoptive mother would be unsettled or perhaps even slightly freaked by the arrival of the birth mother on the scene and would be worried about what the implications might be.

It does seem like though she's primarily bothered about how it's impacting on her. She keeps saying she's concerned only for Ben's welfare and yet she seems to be upsetting him far more than Deirdre is. As for Dermot and Deirdre, she has taken to shouting at the two of them and putting them both in their place.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Gardai in Carrigstown have their priorities right, thank God......

A young teenager kills her dad in a bloodless stabbing incident.
    Gardai perform a very low-key, two-day investigation, no charges preferred. Nothing to see here.

A son swindles his own mother out of nearly a million quid.
    Gardai not informed, and have no interest anyway.

Expensive cars are stolen from garage owned by the local entrepeneur
    Gardai can't be bothered to make any inquiries.

A healthy, (if rather weird looking) young man, regularly appears to have had seven shades of sh*te belted out of him in illegal boxing contests.
    Gardai have the day off, and anyway,suffering from 'blue flu' .

A restauranteur is threatened with gangland violence if she doesn't come up with 4 thousand quid ''by Friday''
    Gardai are busy counting a brown envelope full of cash, and divvying it up among themselves ......

But kick over your own wheelbarrow containing four carrots, two parsnips and a turnip, or toss around your own empty flowerpots on private ground, and the heavy hand of the law comes down on you like a ton of manure, with warnings that if you kick said wheelbarrow one more time, you may well end up serving time in the Dochas Centre of Mountjoy Penitentiary, perhaps sharing a cell with the Scissors Sisters or the Black Widow Catherine.

Rough justice, tough love.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,207 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

coolhull wrote: »
    Gardai in Carrigstown have their priorities right, thank God......

A young teenager kills her dad in a bloodless stabbing incident.
    Gardai perform a very low-key, two-day investigation, no charges preferred. Nothing to see here.

A son swindles his own mother out of nearly a million quid.
    Gardai not informed, and have no interest anyway.

Expensive cars are stolen from garage owned by the local entrepeneur
    Gardai can't be bothered to make any inquiries.

A healthy, (if rather weird looking) young man, regularly appears to have had seven shades of sh*te belted out of him in illegal boxing contests.
    Gardai have the day off, and anyway,suffering from 'blue flu' .

A restauranteur is threatened with gangland violence if she doesn't come up with 4 thousand quid ''by Friday''
    Gardai are busy counting a brown envelope full of cash, and divvying it up among themselves ......

But kick over your own wheelbarrow containing four carrots, two parsnips and a turnip, or toss around your own empty flowerpots on private ground, and the heavy hand of the law comes down on you like a ton of manure, with warnings that if you kick said wheelbarrow one more time, you may well end up serving time in the Dochas Centre of Mountjoy Penitentiary, perhaps sharing a cell with the Scissors Sisters or the Black Widow Catherine.

Rough justice, tough love.....

Words fail me. But your words will do.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement