Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v5] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,360 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

coolhull wrote: »
    Off-topic, but did anyone else have trouble connecting to Boards last night? Fault 203?

I couldn't log in at all yesterday

Great to see Sash Bishop back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭Steve The Barman

Is flynn the guy that was Terence "big balls" in the last season of Love/Hate ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Is flynn the guy that was Terence "big balls" in the last season of Love/Hate ?

Ste-eve....no Terence big balls was cool!!

Ste-eve....no Terence big balls was cool!!

Make money, get bitches

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

IS There an-ee-tin-g mo-re aaa-nu-oyy-in-gg than a purrr-su-onnn who over pru-noun-sizz his wurrrdzz like Fu-linnnn

*(is there anything more annoying than a person who over pronounces his words like Flynn.)

Really irritates me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 835 ✭✭✭dogcat

Eastenders and Fair City to have a
    stillborn storyline in the same week

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Today's Independent reports that RTE spent 58k on wardrobe for FC cast in the past year.
    Really? Cass has spent years wearing 'that' jacket. Smiley Rachel has certainly got her money's worth from that pink leggings yoke she wears. Charlotte has worn that tracksuit bottoms so long she has ripped both knees out.
    So who wears the 58k with of clothes?
    Could the whole budget have been spent on Dolores' rather fetching headgear? Or Bob's permanently-present tea towel?

Ultra posh voice Charlie out tonight

Today's Independent reports that RTE spent 58k on wardrobe for FC cast in the past year.
    Really? Cass has spent years wearing 'that' jacket. Smiley Rachel has certainly got her money's worth from that pink leggings yoke she wears. Charlotte has worn that tracksuit bottoms so long she has ripped both knees out.
    So who wears the 58k with of clothes?
    Could the whole budget have been spent on Dolores' rather fetching headgear? Or Bob's permanently-present tea towel?

That bleach in dean's hair doesn't come cheap.

Ultra posh voice Charlie out tonight

Seriously watch it again on plus one! Was the most posh he has ever been!! Listen how he said Perfect.........purrrrrfuct!!!

• Advertisement

TOMMY "IS THERE SOMETHING BURNING"

Yeah Tommy your brother.......

Dermesh is gonna smash Deirdres back doors in

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

Greasy has money to invest in Caddles business now. Last week he couldn't pay Flynn back. Leo offered to help Carol manning the phones! She never gets calls on that mobile.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,202 ✭✭✭jos28

Carol has a career :eek: Well that's what they said tonight.
    Let's see, she has worked in whatever bars they build a set for in FC - McCoys, The Station, The Galley.
    Nowadays she wanders round Carrigstown with a mobile phone running a successful taxi business :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,611 ✭✭✭✭walshb

TOMMY "IS THERE SOMETHING BURNING"

Yeah Tommy your brother.......

That was fooking atrocious. Who d fook cleared that for viewing?

Caddle should have taken Robbie's investment. She might've gotten a 2nd mobile phone ou've it, and a permanent babysitter for Jack.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭rogercar

I haven't seen much of FC during the summer but caught up on Sunday and again tonight. It hasn't improved. Haven't been on here for months, so have no idea what's happening storyline. I read somewhere that they are planning something big for September. Anyone have any idea what to expect?

rogercar wrote: »
    I haven't seen much of FC during the summer but caught up on Sunday and again tonight. It hasn't improved. Haven't been on here for months, so have no idea what's happening storyline. I read somewhere that they are planning something big for September. Anyone have any idea what to expect?

Whatever about missing FC for months, there's no excuse to miss this thread for months.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Sash! Did not see that coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

rogercar wrote: »
    I read somewhere that they are planning something big for September. Anyone have any idea what to expect?

Dermish grows a pair, and starts a squalid affair with ''that woman''. The whole scandal comes to light through the Ashley-Madison dating site hacking furore, with disastrous consequences for all concerned

Carole's phone battery runs dead, and consequently her taxi empire is placed in receivership and eventually is taken over by NAMA, with disastrous consequences for all concerned

Charlie wakes up one morning and mysteriously his accent has returned to ''pure Dubbalin, me ould segotia'', with disastrous consequences for all concerned

Cass is quizzed by Revenue on how his 250 sq foot. vegetable allotment turned into a global industry, with disastrous consequences for all concerned

Nurse Bronagh is made redundant since Dan's recovery left her with nothing to do, and she ends up working in McCoy's, till Orla realises that the staff now outnumber the customers by a ratio of eight to one, with disastrous etc. etc.

Altogether, it's going to be an exciting September in Carrigstown. Don't miss it! :p

walshb wrote: »
    That was fooking atrocious. Who d fook cleared that for viewing?

Caddle should have taken Robbie's investment. She might've gotten a 2nd mobile phone ou've it, and a permanent babysitter for Jack.

I'll delete it if it offended you so much. No need to attack me. Much worse said on this thread. Your choice of language helps your argument.

• Advertisement

I'll delete it if it offended you so much. No need to attack me. Much worse said on this thread. Your choice of language helps your argument.

Bit of misunderstanding. I have just realised that I quoted the wrong post from you. I meant to quote the post about Charlie's posh use of the word 'perfect.' That was fooking atrocious.

Btw, love the Tommy joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

I think the comment meant how did the writers pass the line for Tommy and not connect the possible fire reference ?

desbrook wrote: »
    I think the comment meant how did the writers pass the line for Tommy and not connect the possible fire reference ?

No, I completely quoted the wrong post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

I wonder how much Damo charged Robbie to fix the leak.... Mates rates, 5,000...?

walshb wrote: »
    Whatever about missing FC for months, there's no excuse to miss this thread for months.

Ah but I came back. Hopefully all is forgiven.

Dermish grows a pair, and starts a squalid affair with ''that woman''. The whole scandal comes to light through the Ashley-Madison dating site hacking furore, with disastrous consequences for all concerned

Carole's phone battery runs dead, and consequently her taxi empire is placed in receivership and eventually is taken over by NAMA, with disastrous consequences for all concerned

Charlie wakes up one morning and mysteriously his accent has returned to ''pure Dubbalin, me ould segotia'', with disastrous consequences for all concerned

Cass is quizzed by Revenue on how his 250 sq foot. vegetable allotment turned into a global industry, with disastrous consequences for all concerned

Nurse Bronagh is made redundant since Dan's recovery left her with nothing to do, and she ends up working in McCoy's, till Orla realises that the staff now outnumber the customers by a ratio of eight to one, with disastrous etc. etc.

Altogether, it's going to be an exciting September in Carrigstown. Don't miss it! :p

Thanks for the update. So much drama that I have missed. It all happens in Carraigstown.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭VickieVexed

Seriously...your posts are hilarious. I would suggest RTE hire you as a scriptwriter, but you would blow their FC weekly budget of €12.23.

You're far more entertaining than the show. Keep up the great work!

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭hungrypig

Seriously...your posts are hilarious. I would suggest RTE hire you as a scriptwriter, but you would blow their FC weekly budget of €12.23.

You're far more entertaining than the show. Keep up the great work!

I'll do it for a lifetime supply of perri cheesy popcorn .

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭hungrypig

Someone needs to explain to the 8 year old script writers of fc what estate agents are. Imagine going to view a house in the company of the four adult residents and also meeting the local Looney on the way out ( with the lovely smell of burnt biscuits in the background)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭Pretzill

hungrypig wrote: »
    I'll do it for a lifetime supply of perri cheesy popcorn .

If we see a Carraigstown resident airing their dirty linen in the aisle of Phelans Spar with Perri Cheesy Popcorn in the background at least we'll know product placement are reading your scripts...I mean posts ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement