Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v5] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭Pretzill

hungrypig wrote: »
    Someone needs to explain to the 8 year old script writers of fc what estate agents are. Imagine going to view a house in the company of the four adult residents and also meeting the local Looney on the way out ( with the lovely smell of burnt biscuits in the background)

Ah sure they weren't really interested viewers they were on the 'Crime Tour of Carraigstown', next stop Barry's old place, before a quick look behind the Hungry Pig, Decco's House to check out the sofa, the corner outside the spar where there are still some fragments of glass from a broken tailight, then over to Jane's attic and finally a saunter around the allotments to see the dishevelled carrots.

They're coming back next week to view Bob's sitting room where Turlough met his reflective end ... A few burnt biscuits won't put these ghouls off!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,126 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

happyday wrote: »
    Greasy has money to invest in Caddles business now. Last week he couldn't pay Flynn back. Leo offered to help Carol manning the phones! She never gets calls on that mobile.

Carol doesn't actually have a cab office. Wasn't it destroyed in the fire in September 2013?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

walshb wrote: »
    No, I completely quoted the wrong post.

Still, your post was obviously not directed at that poster :rolleyes: you asked how something could be passed for viewing!!! Nothing worse than certain posters coming to the thread to derail it to cause tension.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Bit of misunderstanding. I have just realised that I quoted the wrong post from you. I meant to quote the post about Charlie's posh use of the word 'perfect.' That was fooking atrocious.

Btw, love the Tommy joke.

Fair enough!! I admittedly did feel it was borderline bad taste comment from me tbh!!

Still, your post was obviously not directed at that poster :rolleyes: you asked how something could be passed for viewing!!! Nothing worse than certain posters coming to the thread to derail it to cause tension.....

He quoted my post which was borderline risqué and questioned how anyone could clear "that" for viewing. I do not think I was being over dramatic assuming the post was directed at me on that evidence!! And i definitely don't think my reply was anyway wrote with intention to cause tension. You will see by my posts I do anything but! So all good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

MOD:
    Ok folks please stay on topic and quit the squabbling on thread. It appears that there was a mix up and the incorrect post was quoted, plus there was no intention to direct it at the poster but then another confusion occurred and the other poster thought it was directed at them. Let's leave it there please.

Charlie - oh that would be pehhh-fec.

I actually burst out laughing. Haven't watches FC for ages and god I miss my favourite comedy show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,611 ✭✭✭✭walshb

amdublin wrote: »

Thanks for the pehhh-fec way to write what Charlie said. I was struggling. It has to go down as one of FCs most pathetic moments.

Thanks for the pehhh-fec way to write what Charlie said. I was struggling. It has to go down as one of FCs most pathetic moments.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

amdublin wrote: »

I actually burst out laughing. Haven't watches FC for ages and god I miss my favourite comedy show.

I rarely watch, but had read on the thread about Charlie's posh accent. I actually saw that piece last night, :D.

• Advertisement

Strazdas wrote: »
    Carol doesn't actually have a cab office. Wasn't it destroyed in the fire in September 2013?

Yes she does. A virtual office. It's called Caddle's cabs. It's on the app store! Marketed well:

"Get yourself a global taxi empire at the touch of a button, childcare included."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

Carol uses the latest technogy - a biro , reporters jotter and 2005 Nokia . A winning combination. So much so that Nina uses the same biro and jotter 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

So now that Charlie has started employing teachers in the community centre , the possibilities are endless :

Dermish can teach a class on how carrying a briefcase and wearing a tie will qualify you as a chartered accountant

Doug can point out the advantages of turning your head right right around,, 'Exorcist' -style, while simultaneously changing a timing-belt

Cass can give courses in how to make a tiny allotment yield tons of fresh veg and make a good living for at least two people

Caddle can demonstrate how simple it is to run a taxi empire using just a mobile phone, a piece of string and a toilet-roll insert

Bela could teach the rudiments of sitting sour-faced all day in a fancy restaurant with an empty cup

Paul can show how wearing a long black coat makes you an instant businessman

At the Mags Kelly's Community College of Life Skills, a whole new career may be right on your doorstep!

Anyone else have any thoughts on how Charlie can enrich the lives of Carringstown residents by using the Centre as a Seat of Learning ?

The best class and probably most beneficial for sales and cost margins would be the Restaurant Tomato Business. How to run a busy restaurant using only tomatoes.

coolhull wrote: »
    So now that Charlie has started employing teachers in the community centre , the possibilities are endless :

Dermish can teach a class on how carrying a briefcase and wearing a tie will qualify you as a chartered accountant

Doug can point out the advantages of turning your head right right around,, 'Exorcist' -style, while simultaneously changing a timing-belt

Cass can give courses in how to make a tiny allotment yield tons of fresh veg and make a good living for at least two people

Caddle can demonstrate how simple it is to run a taxi empire using just a mobile phone, a piece of string and a toilet-roll insert

Bela could teach the rudiments of sitting sour-faced all day in a fancy restaurant with an empty cup

At the Mags Kelly's Community College of Life Skills, a whole new career may be right on your doorstep!

Anyone else have any thoughts on how Charlie can enrich the lives of Carringstown residents by using the Centre as a Seat of Learning ?

Sounds puhhh-fec to me

POSH charlie.......,

The typist in the surgery can teach how to type by just waving your hands above the keyboard.

Farrah can teach about schoolteaching/photography/shopkeeping or whatever.

Robbie can teach how to give Flynn a single malt in one shot when in the previous one he had a port bottle and a wine measure in his hands.

Ama can teach how to be the world's grumpiest nurse - scolding a doctor after making a life saving procedure.

Dean can teach how to look at shelves in a Spar while taking to three different people and buy nothing.

Robbie could teach magic . Suddenly having money to invest in Carols biro and jotter when days previous he hadn't a fewgrand to pay Flynn.

Charlie can teach about avoiding undertaker fees.

desbrook wrote: »
    The typist in the surgery can teach how to type by waving your hands above the keyboard.

Robbie can teach how to give Flynn a single malt in one shot when in the previous one he had a port bottle and a wine measure in his hands.

Ama can teach how to be the world's grumpiest nurse - scolding a doctor after making a life saving procedure.

Dean can teach how to look at shelves in a Spar while taking to three different people and buy nothing.

Robbie could teach magic . Suddenly having money to invest in Carols biro and jotter when days previous he hadn't a fewgrand to pay Flynn.

Charlie can teach about avoiding undertakers fees.

The possibilities are endless.

Burying your wife without telling anyone might not go down to well, though?

Edit. You beat me to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Oh there would be a long list of willing Magicians; Most of them professional in Vanishing Acts, Deegan of course would get the teaching job because he managed to vanish for the longest - but I reckon Rachel would be a close second, and now Michael is practicing the art.

The possibilities are endless.

Burying your wife without telling anyone might not go down to well, though?

Edit. You beat me to it.

With more taste :P

• Advertisement

Suddenly thought - how did Orla pay Damo's five grand bill ? Was it Hughies money ? Will he be getting a share of the pub now ?? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Suddenly thought - how did Orla pay Damo's five grand bill ? Was it Hughies money ? Will he be getting a share of the pub now ?? ;)

They should have wrote that in! I want to see hughie build his drunken empire!

Doug can also teach yoga. His ability to move his body, particularly his neck in any angle at rapid speed is second to none.

Bob can teach the art of sweeping the street for hours, something he learnt from Christs Phelan and Norris Cole.

Whilst Dr. On Your Doorstep can teach the methods he uses to diagnose any illness by telapathy as he passes by you on the street/in the pub/in Spar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

coolhull wrote: »

Charlie could give elocution lessons :D.

Orla could give a class on how not to let an innocuous ear infection escalate into my son needs a head transplant! Very reassuring course for all first time mothers and fathers.

Wanna go for Ice Cream or a trip to Mayo LOL

who was Sash again I cannot remember

Robbie (mega talented) can give classes in avoiding any conversation with Paul in case he realises you stole his stock of cars.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,126 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Wanna go for Ice Cream or a trip to Mayo LOL

who was Sash again I cannot remember

She's one of the Bishops.....Decco and Charlotte's sister.

Sorry, final class: How to avoid Mallow when traversing to Cork. Given by Clar!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Dr Judith to give a course in how to make a six-month work visa last for eighteen months.

Tommy to demonstrate the basics of how to set up electronic cameras (with audio) in the attic of a house you haven't lived in for a year

Damien to give classes in how to charge 5k for mopping a floor.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement