Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v5] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

That was so strange. If anything Paul was trying to ruin Charlie's class?! Yet Charlie blamed Doug for a bit of drama...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,611 ✭✭✭✭walshb

That was so strange. If anything Paul was trying to ruin Charlie's class?! Yet Charlie blamed Doug for a bit of drama...

It's FC. Far from strange to them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

Okay - so why does Carol HAVE to work for Flynn ?? Would it not be more realistic for Carol to blame Robbie's debts for the whole mess and hence Robbie himself ?? Just dump him and wash her hands of it all ? What happened to "I don't want another Billy Meehan in my life , not after my poor Lorcan " ? Why can't Robbie sell his half of the Station? Questions, questions, questions !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,360 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is Hayley working from Flynn or Robbie?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,126 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

desbrook wrote: »
    Charlie was set up by the "writers" last night. They obviously want boardsies to hate his character even more. Any fairminded person would have noted that firstly that Doug was approached by Paul not the other way round, secondly that Paul started the insults and taunts with no provocation. It would have been easy to write a scene where Paul just stopped to watch and Doug let fly across the street. Strange that's not what we saw ? Then Charlie's reaction might have been justified !

Paul appeared to be playing weird mind games last night. He had a positive reference for Doug in his pocket and yet started taunting him in front of other people.

No doubt the scriptwriters are doing this as some sort of preamble to their September storyline, but they have Paul acting out of character. There's no way he would be involved in constant public petty squabbling with a couple of nonentities like Doug and Neil.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

desbrook wrote: »
    Okay - so why does Carol HAVE to work for Flynn ?? Would it not be more realistic for Carol to blame Robbie's debts for the whole mess and hence Robbie himself ?? Just dump him and wash her hands of it all ? What happened to "I don't want another Billy Meehan in my life , not after my poor Lorcan " ? Why can't Robbie sell his half of the Station? Questions, questions, questions !!!

But desbrook, you're falling into the trap of trying to make sense of FC.
    in the nearly 30 years of it's existence, Fair City 'writers' have never, ever taken the most sensible route. Everything has to be dragged out and beaten to death, till the viewers have actually forgotten what the original story was about
    Either that, or the stories come to a sudden end, with no conclusion or explanation, the whole scenario is never mentioned again, and the viewers have become so muddled that they think it's their own fault for not paying enough attention to the 'plots'

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is Hayley working from Flynn or Robbie?

Probably never know, and as coolhul alluded to, regarding the writings and plots, she'll probably fall off the face of the earth and never be heard from again.

coolhull wrote: »
    But desbrook, you're falling into the trap of trying to make sense of FC.
    in the nearly 30 years of it's existence, Fair City 'writers' have never, ever taken the most sensible route. Everything has to be dragged out and beaten to death, till the viewers have actually forgotten what the original story was about
    Either that, or the stories come to a sudden end, with no conclusion or explanation, the whole scenario is never mentioned again, and the viewers have become so muddled that they think it's their own fault for not paying enough attention to the 'plots'

"And they would have gotten away with it too if it wasn't for us pesky Boardsies "

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Beechfiled

Does Robbie run the bar full time now? Where is his bookie empire gone, where is Dan gone. Does he know Robbie is living in he flat now.

Don Baker had taken up residence in the Bistro, had he been to Spar and the Hungry pig yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,360 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Yvonne needs to come back with Robbie Jnr soon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,126 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Beechfiled wrote: »
    Does Robbie run the bar full time now? Where is his bookie empire gone, where is Dan gone. Does he know Robbie is living in he flat now.

Don Baker had taken up residence in the Bistro, had he been to Spar and the Hungry pig yet.

Robbie still has his betting shops. That's apparently how he owes Flynn 40k.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

The state of doug LOL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 526 ✭✭✭betonit

Is Tommy gonna tap nina

What d fcuk is the story with Flynn? Is he bringing Caddle to the dogs or a 3D movie at the Odeon?

The state of doug LOL

Doug has found his purpose in life.... dressing up as an elf to teach four-year girls the basics of gearbox maintenance

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

walshb wrote: »
    What d fcuk is the story with Flynn? Is he bringing Caddle to the dogs or a 3D movie at the Odeon?

You were wondering if his glasses were 3D glasses or not too ehh :D?

You were wondering if his glasses were 3D glasses or not too ehh :D?

Mother of god....I tell you, I guarantee that look was his idea, and not the wardrobe people. And he probably insisted on it. Poser!

Mother of god....I tell you, I guarantee that look was his idea, and not the wardrobe people. And he probably insisted on it. Poser!

And for some reason, the dark glasses only go on when he's indoors

A complete fooking clown.....

Has he had any outdoor scenes?

Double post?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭squadro

A suite at the dog track. :D

Who is the actor playing Flynn???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Don Baker

Who is the actor playing Flynn???

There isn't.

Those are x-ray specs he got from a mail order catalogue :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,207 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

I was so glad for the extra viewing Damiens house, that it cut to a commercial break. I don't think I could handle any stab at acting. However I wasn't so lucky when we got to the garage scene with Paul. That extra was all hands and head jerks, but not a single word such as, ah here, ya can fcuk off with your ****e lads. I guess they hire extras with absolutely zero ability, because the main cast only have a tiny bit of ability.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

They don't like having the extras speak as they have to pay them more.

Sometimes the extras give us better value than the so-called 'stars'
    At least the sight of the extras nodding and smiling is easier to watch than Orla's banshee wailing.
    Though that fella in the garage really outshone himself.
    Maybe RTE should consider giving him his own show

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Grandeeod wrote: »
    I was so glad for the extra viewing Damiens house, that it cut to a commercial break. I don't think I could handle any stab at acting. However I wasn't so lucky when we got to the garage scene with Paul. That extra was all hands and head jerks, but not a single word such as, ah here, ya can fcuk off with your ****e lads. I guess they hire extras with absolutely zero ability, because the main cast only have a tiny bit of ability.

Have you ever noticed 99% of the extras are COMPLETELY mute in fair city. I mean not a peep off them nor an expression like they are soulless empty vessels! Take the man buying the car of Don Paulioni Brennan Thursday. Not a whisper while paul bladdered on then when Neil came along and the sledging between them ensued he just froze and then suddenly jolted off with not a peep from him!! Likewise the old ladies with Doug and the tyre changing (think they managed to be allowed a giggle but that was probably ad lib as they surveyed the ridiculousness of the whole scene)

• Advertisement

Have you ever noticed 99% of the extras are COMPLETELY mute in fair city. I mean not a peep off them nor an expression like they are soulless empty vessels! Take the man buying the car of Don Paulioni Brennan Thursday. Not a whisper while paul bladdered on then when Neil came along and the sledging between them ensued he just froze and then suddenly jolted off with not a peep from him!! Likewise the old ladies with Doug and the tyre changing (think they managed to be allowed a giggle but that was probably ad lib as they surveyed the ridiculousness of the whole scene)

As has been mentioned they are extras not actors. There are restrictions on how many words they can speak and they get paid less. Union rules.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement