Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v5] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Yeah, and all actors are nice people who would never do anything bad in real life.

Grow up.

But it's a thread intended for discussion of the soap and it's storylines, not for unsubstantiated character assassinations of the actors involved...
    Nobody is saying they're all saints, but (a) it's none of our business what they do in their private lives, and (b) the purpose of the thread is not to discuss or critique their private lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Chawlie Kelly's accent changes are hilarious.
    There must be great facilities in the prison, Sash's hair and make up was done by a professional.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,202 ✭✭✭jos28

Don Paulioni Brennan

:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Mod Note

The thread has been cleaned up and inappropriate remarks about a FC actor have been removed. Please continue to report posts that you find offensive or have an issue with, don't quote or respond to them.

Poor Caoimhe and Damien, very difficult to watch :(:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

Neil is off to Galway...

He may as well be off to the Bermuda Triangle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,611 ✭✭✭✭walshb

The dog Greasy's betting on is Jamaican. It's called K9 Bolt. He can't lose, Caddle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,360 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

jos28 wrote: »
    Poor Caoimhe and Damien, very difficult to watch :(:(

Yes very sad but well acted by both

Is Thomas from Dillon or Halphin family?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Lisha

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Yes very sad but well acted by both

Is Thomas from Dillon or Halphin family?

Tommy 'the ram' Dillon is the grandfather.

It was extremely well acted by caoimhe especially I thought. Sadly a family member suffered a smiliar loss a good while back and IMHO fc got it right.
    But the initial scenes when she the scan showed no heart beat were a bit wrong. No way would a midwife tell a patient that with consulting with a doctor. A few other things were off too but tbh I might only know that from family experience.

A heart rending story line which was fairly well tackled I thought.

I've finally figured Flynn out. He's been watching too much of the posh version of Conor McGregor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Lisha

walshb wrote: »
    I've finally figured Flynn out. He's been watching too much of the posh version of Conor McGregor.

That's funny id the same thought last week.

Lisha wrote: »
    That's funny id the same thought last week.

Beat ya to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,360 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

It was extremely well acted by caoimhe especially I thought. Sadly a family member suffered a smiliar loss a good while back and IMHO fc got it right.
    But the initial scenes when she the scan showed no heart beat were a bit wrong. No way would a midwife tell a patient that with consulting with a doctor. A few other things were off too but tbh I might only know that from family experience.

How did I forget Tommy Dillon :p

Did Nina perhaps experience a miscarriage in her past

Well said Lisha, unfortunately I know someone who went through the same horrible ordeal too. They had a funeral for their baby and it was harrowing. I thought FC handled it all very well, Caoimhe and Damien were excellent. Thankfully the couple I know went onto have 3 other children.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 94 ✭✭Rym Shanley

I've been through it.

The scriptwriters got it mostly right.

The advice is spot on re trying to cope - hold the baby after the miscarriage / stillbirth, give him or her a name, and try to lean on the support of family and friends (especially in the days afterwards).

All are proven ways of assisting with grief. It doesn't go away but it all helps to lessen the impact.

Caoimhe did none of this.

I've been through it.

The scriptwriters got it mostly right.

The advice is spot on re trying to cope - hold the baby after the miscarriage / stillbirth, give him or her a name, and try to lean on the support of family and friends (especially in the days afterwards).

All are proven ways of assisting with grief. It doesn't go away but it all helps to lessen the impact.

Caoimhe did none of this.

Did Caoimhe behave unnaturally do you think?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 94 ✭✭Rym Shanley

Did Caoimhe behave unnaturally do you think?

People are affected differently. Particularly in the initial stages. Wouldn't call it unnatural.

However, to maintain that behaviour - with no consideration for what her husband / partner is going through - strikes me as somewhat selfish and obnoxious.

I've been through it.

Sorry to hear that Rym, hope life has treated you better since then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,126 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

People are affected differently. Particularly in the initial stages. Wouldn't call it unnatural.

However, to maintain that behaviour - with no consideration for what her husband / partner is going through - strikes me as somewhat selfish and obnoxious.

She seems to have into a state of complete denial, not verbalising how she's feeling and almost trying to run away from what has happened. If she refuses to grieve now, it will come back to haunt her.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭hungrypig

Laura was absolutely brutal tonight, rubbing her bone dry eyes with her enormous hands. Actors tears are as rare as extra's dialogue on faircity.
    Why the hell is flynn's face so bloody shiny ?
    Also noticed the same chaplain in the maternity hospital as delores' hospital.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭squadro

**** it. I backed trap 2.

Caoimhes reaction is off the wall.

It's like she is consumed with anger !!
    The initial reaction to a miscarriage or stillbirth is grief....Uncontrollable grief . Anger comes way down the line.
    You fall apart, you need hugs, you accept support .
    Caoimhe just keeps doing that think with her bottom lip , like she is going to snarl, then storms out or every room!!

Also what stage of pregnancy was she at?? She had absolutely no bump the day before the miscarriage? She must have been 4/5 months at the most?

I've been there 3 times . I also lost a child to cancer. I understand grief but never in all of those losses did I express that kind of snarly anger ! Poor Damien also lost his child. Anger comes months later but at the beginning you simply bawl your eyes out ....for days and weeks. You need your partner. Men and women deal with these things differently but Caoimhes attitude to Damien is awful and so unreasonable . What did he do wrong?

Please please Fair City don't let this become like Orla when Junior was sick and her OTT acting !!!

I think they got a lot right with the loss of the baby, but Caoimhe's reaction is just not at all believable. Soaps always seem to do this. They make it more about anger and aggressiveness. Caoimhe's being portrayed as being too rough and hard during this terrible and painful time.

The scene a few days ago with her going back to work to do a shift. FFS, what on earth crosses the minds of the writers and directors?

Anyone else find it very odd that a very very angry Paul did not once enter the house to check on it as the mute extras were walking out? I don't think Deegan was stopping him. Had to laugh at Bunion Kelly to Don Brennan.. "Let John do his job." What's that, Bunion Kelly? Sitting on a wall with a notepad and pen ticking off as each person leaves the house....? Paul's current kiddy squabbles with Doug are laughable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

Sadly when you do things the way the FC writers do the impact of a story like this is lost on me. The reason is simple - I have never really bought into the idea of Damo and Caoimhe as a couple. First they had a sudden FWB type thing that saw them trapped in the building the day of the fire. That was bad enough but then a week or two later and they admit the love each other . Okay so what happens then ??? nothing that's what happens for almost a year. Then bingo around the anniversary they are a couple and in oh so romantic style Damo has a key for Caoimhe. She initially didn't want to move in but was persuaded . She want to do medicine, she doesn't - but eventually is persuaded .Then she's pregnant and Damo doesn't want the baby....100% ....but he is persuaded . Basically every step along the way has been forced and is terribly artificial. They share nothing in common bar family dysfunction. Different ages, class , backround interests everything.

Maybe if they had a proper believable romance, I'd believe in them and believe in their grief. I just know that in six months time they won't be together. Probably Caoimhe will get a job in come pub in Kilkenny and we'll never see her again. Damo will go back to the shop of the painting and getting five grand for mopping a floor. It'll all be forgotten.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Caoimhes reaction is off the wall.

I've been there 3 times . I also lost a child to cancer.

You've had it tough, Sweet Maggie. Expressions of sympathy are not of much help to you, but it's all we have. We can only offer our sincere condolences on your sad, heart-breaking losses and we're pleased you came out the other side so well, with your sense of humour still intact.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

Anyone else find it very odd that a very very angry Paul did not once enter the house to check on it as the mute extras were walking out? I don't think Deegan was stopping him. Had to laugh at Bunion Kelly to Don Brennan.. "Let John do his job." What's that, Bunion Kelly? Sitting on a wall with a notepad and pen ticking off as each person leaves the house....? Paul's current kiddy squabbles with Doug are laughable.

Absolutely but also :

Doug and Neil are about 23 and 27 and haven't lived in Carrigstown in a while ??? So who in the name of God would they know who'd be bothered having a party in a random house on a Sunday afternoon ???

Why was Paul's window open?

Why was Paul's window open?

To suit the preposterous Sunday afternoon party that all the local teen/adults were having there.

BTW, if Deegan was really doing his job surely breaking and entering would have been an option; trespassing on private property even?

No, not in FC. Pen and notepad and tick here and there and all is sorted! Deegan and Nina would make a great double act!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Nah sure once a window is open anything inside becomes property of the public.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement