Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v5] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,611 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Nah sure once a window is open anything inside becomes property of the public.

Maybe they could do a Don Brennan vs. Garda Ombudsman story? And in true FC style they could wrap it all up in one scene. Report/investigation/conclusion! Would make a great story for Nina.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

walshb wrote: »
    Would make a great story for Nina.

Perhaps, unless she's still busy wondering & not using Google to find out what happened to paddy bishop

I had thought that septembers big storyline might involve Don Brennan and his ever growing army of enemies. But now I'm thinking maybe it will involve Jo/dermot/Deirdre? Deirdre really seems to fancy herself as the new Jo. She was really overstepping the mark last night I thought!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,126 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

desbrook wrote: »
    Absolutely but also :

Doug and Neil are about 23 and 27 and haven't lived in Carrigstown in a while ??? So who in the name of God would they know who'd be bothered having a party in a random house on a Sunday afternoon ???

I'm finding the whole Neil - Doug - Paul storyline beyond ridiculous. Why on earth would Paul be "feuding" for weeks with a couple of nonentities about nothing in particular? A business rival certainly or Michael for stealing away his missus but he certainly wouldn't be wasting his time on those two oddballs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,202 ✭✭✭jos28

I had thought that septembers big storyline might involve Don Brennan and his ever growing army of enemies. But now I'm thinking maybe it will involve Jo/dermot/Deirdre? Deirdre really seems to fancy herself as the new Jo. She was really overstepping the mark last night I thought!

Do you reckon she was spoofing when she said Jo told Ken not to contact them anymore ?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 94 ✭✭Rym Shanley

walshb wrote: »
    Maybe they could do a Don Brennan vs. Garda Ombudsman story? And in true FC style they could wrap it all up in one scene. Report/investigation/conclusion! Would make a great story for Nina.

When you say Don Brennan, I think of Coronation Street.

He was cool.

"It's no good talking to you is it Baldwin? You've got no conscience, you've got no shame. You're vermin, Baldwin. You're nowt but a nasty little bit of crawling vermin. There's only one way to deal to you, and that's just crush you, to smash you till there's nowt but a smear left."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

When you say Don Brennan, I think of Coronation Street.

He was cool.

"It's no good talking to you is it Baldwin? You've got no conscience, you've got no shame. You're vermin, Baldwin. You're nowt but a nasty little bit of crawling vermin. There's only one way to deal to you, and that's just crush you, to smash you till there's nowt but a smear left."

Then there was the joke - What's got three legs and doesn't talk?

Don and Ivy Brennan :D

jos28 wrote: »
    Do you reckon she was spoofing when she said Jo told Ken not to contact them anymore ?

I did think of that...can anyone remember whether she did do it?

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

That was one hell of a party! I counted seven people. Even the two party organisers didn't go.
    Which, when you consider that the party goers had one case of beer between seven, is just as well.
    3 point 2 cans of beer each. Those crazy teens, eh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,611 ✭✭✭✭walshb

coolhull wrote: »
    That was one hell of a party! I counted seven people. Even the two party organisers didn't go.
    Which, when you consider that the party goers had one case of beer between seven, is just as well.
    3 point 2 cans of beer each. Those crazy teens, eh?

It was pure comedy......They even exited the house so orderly and carefully. Paul should have been interviewing some of them as potential tenants.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Absolutely but also :

Doug and Neil are about 23 and 27 and haven't lived in Carrigstown in a while ??? So who in the name of God would they know who'd be bothered having a party in a random house on a Sunday afternoon ???

He probably just posted it on facebook saying there was a free gaff and gave out the address, he probably didn't know half the people there, sure he made sure not to stay at the party, I actually love when Neil winds Paul up, its pretty funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

Oh god please don't let Pierce be another toy boy for Niamh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭Lollipop95

I've missed a couple of weeks and literally just switched Fair City on. Someone fill me in..Rachel has a boyfriend then! How long have they been together? I'm guessing they met when she went on holidays?

Was it just me or was that actually a decent episode ?? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Oh god please don't let Pierce be another toy boy for Niamh.

Recognise him from the Mace ad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 835 ✭✭✭dogcat

Isn't he from Nenagh? I think I've seen him around the town.

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Shifty Shellshock

Lollipop95 wrote: »
    I've missed a couple of weeks and literally just switched Fair City on. Someone fill me in..Rachel has a boyfriend then! How long have they been together? I'm guessing they met when she went on holidays?

They met at Spar.
    Oh, sorry, it was Mace as pointed out lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,360 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    Recognise him from the Mace ad.

Was he on a reality talent show too?

Just watching it now on +1.. Rachel looks so different!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Just watching it now on +1.. Rachel looks so different!

Missed FC tonight. Did she smile?

• Advertisement

Missed FC tonight. Did she smile?

I believe she did :D she seems to have had a makeover anyways!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

I believe she did :D she seems to have had a makeover anyways!

She seems to have had a personality transplant also...and her first screen kiss... :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭squadro

Hughie should go back in to the pizza business. Give Natalie a call and away ya go lad. If ya ever run out of tomatoes the bistro will sort ya out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,202 ✭✭✭jos28

I like smiley Rachel, it did her the world of good to get away from Paul and Niamh. She had a makeover and found a personality !
    Dying for Dermish and Deirdre to get together

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭hungrypig

Was it just me or was that actually a decent episode ?? :D

It was just you

hungrypig wrote: »
    It was just you

Haha

Admit it though :

"Is he homeless ?"

"No dad, he's from Offaly "

Comedy Gold !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,207 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

jos28 wrote: »
    Dying for Dermish and Deirdre to get together

So am I, with a camera and really fast upload speed to, jodeservesit.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Seriously if I was Dermot I would tell that Deirdra one to f**k off and deal with Jo herself and see how far she gets.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Dubkent

Rachel gonna get pregnant!

• Advertisement

Fair play to the writers they never have the stereotypical young black male character - lady's man,scam artist that sort of thing.

Oh wait ...........

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement