Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v5] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    Recognise him from the Mace ad.

Thanks I knew I recognized his face from somewhere. :):)

Dubkent wrote: »
    Rachel gonna get pregnant!

No please not another soap pregnancy, there's another one coming up in Corrie just read somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭Foggy Jew

:DJust a suggestion, but....what if all of us took up a collection & paid for Paul, Caddle, Greasy, Wobbly lips, Po-Faced-Jo and most other residents of Carrickstown to head off to where ever Rachel has just come back from.
    They might ALL undergo personality transplants, and come back as shiny smiley happy people.

It's the bally ballyness of it that makes it all seem so bally bally.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Foggy Jew wrote: »
    :DJust a suggestion, but....what if all of us took up a collection & paid for Paul, Caddle, Greasy, Wobbly lips, Po-Faced-Jo and most other residents of Carrickstown to head off to where ever Rachel has just come back from.
    But Rachel was in Greece....
    Surely the Greek people have enough problems right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

I hope FC attempt a live episode:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Dubkent wrote: »
    Rachel gonna get pregnant!
    That would knock the smile off her face fairly quick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,126 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    Recognise him from the Mace ad.

He did one of the referendum ads too, last year I think.

coolhull wrote: »

What happened to Katy by the way? Rachel went to Greece with her but has seemingly come back without her.

Strazdas wrote: »
    What happened to Katy by the way? Rachel went to Greece with her but has seemingly come back without her.

Sure she dropped Katy when she teamed up with your man haha:):)

You've had it tough, Sweet Maggie. Expressions of sympathy are not of much help to you, but it's all we have. We can only offer our sincere condolences on your sad, heart-breaking losses and we're pleased you came out the other side so well, with your sense of humour still intact.

Belated thanks coolhull !

I'm a firm believer we all get something in life....
    Everyone's pain is relative to what they have experienced .... mine is no greater than any other who has lost someone .

A sense of humour is a great thing ......this thread is the best for laughs ....keep it up everyone !! :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,611 ✭✭✭✭walshb

The motorbike she arrived on has space for three. Katy was dropped off on her unsuspecting parents too. Niamh was a just a bit too casual and nonchalant for reality when Rachel pulls up unannounced on a motorbike. At least Paul acted like an actual parent, even if he was ridiculously rude to the new man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 835 ✭✭✭dogcat

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Was he on a reality talent show too?
    I think he got to the judges houses on the X Factor once, or bootcMp. I'm not sure, but he was definitely on it.

Fair City baby story line is poor compared to EE I do not understand that Fair City tops the ratings every week you think they would invest money into the show

but without trying its #1 I guess that is ok with them I suppose & Jo makes me laugh and hate her at the same time

When she put her bag on the table & said "right" I was like she needs a slap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,202 ✭✭✭jos28

2 weeks in Greece despite all it's problems would be a hell of a lot nicer than living and working with Paul !

What's the bets new man ends up freeloading with Paul for months? Two of them at loggerheads as well, with sourpuss, or is it cheerio now, stuck in the middle?

walshb wrote: »
    What's the best new man ends up freeloading with Paul for months? Two of them at loggerheads as well, with sourpuss, or is it cheerio now, stuck in the middle?

Paul was a bit naive to believe new man's claim that they are "just friends". He doesn't even know Rachel except from meeting her on holiday, so if they're now hanging out together, you'd have to assume the connection between the two is romantic and not platonic.

What's the bets new man ends up freeloading with Paul for months? Two of them at loggerheads as well, with sourpuss, or is it cheerio now, stuck in the middle?

I'd actually love if that happened, it would be brilliant, another person to wind Paul up and even worse he will be sleeping with Rachel under neath his roof as well. :):)

Paul was a bit naive to believe new man's claim that they are "just friends". He doesn't even know Rachel except from meeting her on holiday, so if they're now hanging out together, you'd have to assume the connection between the two is romantic and not platonic.

I'm just thinking because Rachel never had a boyfriend before and is always just friends with the guys she hangs out with that maybe that's why it can seem believable to Paul.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,665 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Looks like the couch was rockin last night!

About time Rachel got better storylines now anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

G'wan Rachel show Paul how the garage should be run.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

Where does Laura pull the American accent out of?

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Beechfiled

There must have been a big Penneys in Greece where Rachel bought all her new clothes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,207 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

So who kills Paul this month???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,360 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Hughie will buy into the pub or the shop with all his cash

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Hughie will buy into the pub or the shop with all his cash

WTF are the hourly rates that the Spar and McCoy's pay that Hughie is so desperate to get a couple of shifts?:rolleyes:

Does McCoy's have an endless list of available shifts? Everyone seems to get a shift there when they need a few quid. Jane back in it out of the blue, and still working in McCoy's despite what she tried to do to Wayne&Orla, what next, a managerial role at Niamh's salon?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

Grandeeod wrote: »
    So who kills Paul this month???

I have heard this rumour but if it is true then it surely has to be
    Neil with Doug covering for him. Rachel and the new guy will be somehow involved in the coverup too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Lisha

Ffs

What fitness instructor would allow a woman who has just delivered participate in a Pilates class!
    'Her doctor recommended exercise'!!
    Must rediculous line on fc ever! And that's saying something

Lisha wrote: »
    Ffs

What fitness instructor would allow a woman who has just delivered participate in a Pilates class!
    'Her doctor recommended exercise'!!
    Must rediculous line on fc ever! And that's saying something

Indeed. And why are the writers making her out to be an absolute cnut? She's just had a late miacarriage-stillbirth, and she's poncing around like a hurricane of nastiness

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Hughie asks about a job last night. Starts work today, no PRSI number asked for, no tax cert, no reference, nothing about experience. Even the 'McCoys' uniform shirt fits perfectly.
    Who writes this sh1te?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Lisha

Indeed. And why are the writers making her out to be an absolute cnut? She's just had a late miacarriage-stillbirth, and she's poncing around like a hurricane of nastiness

I think caoimhe has always been emotionally unstable and reacts very badly to emotional situations. But it's still a bit Ott

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement