Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v5] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,610 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Ah no, looks like sourpuss is back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 349 ✭✭St. Leibowitz

Lisha wrote: »
    Ffs

What fitness instructor would allow a woman who has just delivered participate in a Pilates class!
    'Her doctor recommended exercise'!!
    Must rediculous line on fc ever! And that's saying something

No, a few minutes later, Doug still had to change the cylinder on a car he was working on. Or maybe there was a Super Ser in the boot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Lisha

No, a few minutes later, Doug still had to change the cylinder on a car he was working on. Or maybe there was a Super Ser in the boot.

Funny

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,358 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

coolhull wrote: »
    Hughie asks about a job last night. Starts work today, no PRSI number asked for, no tax cert, no reference, nothing about experience. Even the 'McCoys' uniform shirt fits perfectly.
    Who writes this sh1te?

Lets not forget Jane the blackmailer is still working there too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭maurv1

Why is Doug the numpty wearing that idiotic costume? He reminds me of that dope from Mrs. Browns Boys.

Poor wee Zoe..always looks so forlorn and sad :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Damo drank 2 pints and he looks like he's been on the tear for 3 days straight.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭squadro

Was he on the lager or the cider. Great man to nurse a flat pint is Damo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I like Pierce's accent, It sounds a lot like Robert Sheehan, Darren in love/hate.

coolhull wrote: »
    Hughie asks about a job last night. Starts work today, no PRSI number asked for, no tax cert, no reference, nothing about experience. Even the 'McCoys' uniform shirt fits perfectly.
    Who writes this sh1te?

Ya but he loaned Orla 5 grand so to buy them time to paying it back, they're letting him work in the bar. Sure in Soaps there's always plenty of jobs going.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭hungrypig

fin12 wrote: »
    I like Pierce's accent, It sounds a lot like Robert Sheehan, Darren in love/hate.

Yes but is he not supposed to be from the midlands somewhere? His accent is very south Dublin.

I can't take much more of sourpusses tearless crying. Surely with all the special effects available now they could give her a few tears.
    Also unlikely that a very newly reformed alcoholic would be dying for a job behind a bar when he doesn't need the money.

• Advertisement

hungrypig wrote: »
    Yes but is he not supposed to be from the midlands somewhere? His accent is very south Dublin.

I can't take much more of sourpusses tearless crying. Surely with all the special effects available now they could give her a few tears.
    Also unlikely that a very newly reformed alcoholic would be dying for a job behind a bar when he doesn't need the money.

Ya he's supposed to be from Offaly, I just think the accent sounds like Robert Sheehan and he is from Laois anyway I think its nice. :):)

Ya Sourpuss is bad alright, Orla does crying very well I think. I actually think Rachel talks really bad to her Dad, I think she gets away with murder to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Which would you choose...........

A padded room stuck with Charlie, Orla and Don Baker

Or

The same with Rachel, Binjominnnnnnnnn and "Sure Look it" (Jo)

One whole night and day, no ear plugs, no weapons

All Arguing...

Charlie has his Posh Accent

Orla is wailing like a banshee

Don Baker is over pronounciating all his words and wearing his 3D glasses

Rachel is in sourpuss mode

Binjominnn is acting up

Jo is condescending everyone and has full on posh Jo Cork accent

F*$k, its a tough one..............

Which would you choose...........

A padded room stuck with Charlie, Orla and Don Baker

Or

The same with Rachel, Binjominnnnnnnnn and "Sure Look it" (Jo)

One whole night and day, no ear plugs, no weapons

All Arguing...

Charlie has his Posh Accent

Orla is wailing like a banshee

Don Baker is over pronounciating all his words and wearing his 3D glasses

Rachel is in sourpuss mode

Binjominnn is acting up

Jo is condescending everyone and has full on posh Jo Cork accent

F*$k, its a tough one..............

Fcuk that. A room with Dan!:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

hungrypig wrote: »

Have younever heard Zak's Kilkenny accent?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

fin12 wrote: »
    Ya he's supposed to be from Offaly, I just think the accent sounds like Robert Sheehan and he is from Laois anyway I think its nice. :):)

Ya Sourpuss is bad alright, Orla does crying very well I think. I actually think Rachel talks really bad to her Dad, I think she gets away with murder to be honest.

I think his accent is just all over the place. It makes absolutely no sense, totally jolts me back to reality every time

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭rogercar

I haven't watched fair city in months. Saw abit of it last week and didn't bother with it since. I just can't take it any more. Terrible characters, terrible acting, really awful boring storyline, characters saying more or less the same dialogue in every episode. It is just so tedious. This so called big storyline for Paul will be yet another let down. I doubt that the actor is leaving so I'm certain he won't be killed off. And does anyone really care what happens to him? Or who commits the the deed? I certainly don't. But I check in here regularly, which is always good for a laugh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭John Joe Jones

The big Autumn 2008 storyline was Paul having a massive heart attack, it was all forgotten very quickly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

The big Autumn 2008 storyline was Paul having a massive heart attack, it was all forgotten very quickly.
    He'll have another one if he catches Rachel in bed with the new fellow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

missed a couple of weeks - where did the new fella come from? wasn't he in a Spar commercial recently?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

Dear Wayne and Orla,

You currently owe Hughie 5,000 euro ? Hiring staff you don't need even if it's Hughie won't change this fact. It'll only make it more difficult to ever find the money to repay the loan,

Signed,

Camaan Blu Eddie Sens

• Advertisement

Now maybe Dermish will actually back his wife up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 835 ✭✭✭dogcat

Hughie and Deidre seem very comfy together.

So Charlie & Bela are always available to mind the kids and on a Sunday also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,358 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

desbrook wrote: »
    Dear Wayne and Orla,

You currently owe Hughie 5,000 euro ? Hiring staff you don't need even if it's Hughie won't change this fact. It'll only make it more difficult to ever find the money to repay the loan,

Signed,

Camaan Blu Eddie Sens

Plus they still employ Jane who blackmailed them why :confused:

Also is Stephen still working there?

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭squadro

No sign of Stephen since the gas explosion in cellar debacle.

squadro wrote: »
    No sign of Stephen since the gas explosion in cellar debacle.

I think stephen is the one who has had his shifts cut back even though he's the most reliable and doesn't cause any trouble but yet he's the one who gets no shifts. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I see Whispering Bob is reduced to taking swipes at Hughie now. Everywhere Hughie turns he hears a faint whisper baiting him.

Amazing how talented and untalented some FC characters are ! Great examples last night :

First off was Hughie - barely got to even glance at the McCoys's roster and he could tell instantly that the pub was in trouble. Sheer accountancy genius - Dermot must be quaking in his boots !

Then there was Deirdre who won't become a relationship counsellor any time soon. "Do you think they (Dermot and Jo) are fighting because of me ? " she asks Hughie . Well let me see Deirdre - you won't take no for an answer and make a guy constantly meet you in secret behind his wife's back so yea there's a fair chance !!!!

Although Deirdre has certain talents - she can get a consultation with a solicitor on a Sunday. A rare feat in Dublin.

desbrook wrote: »
    Amazing how talented and untalented some FC characters are ! Great examples last night :

First off was Hughie - barely got to even glance at the McCoys's roster and he could tell instantly that the pub was in trouble. Sheer accountancy genius - Dermot must be quaking in his boots !

Then there was Deirdre who won't become a relationship counsellor any time soon. "Do you think they (Dermot and Jo) are fighting because of me ? " she asks Hughie . Well let me see Deirdre - you won't take no for an answer and make a guy constantly meet you in secret behind his wife's back so yea there's a fair chance !!!!

Although Deirdre has certain talents - she can get a consultation with a solicitor on a Sunday. A rare feat in Dublin.

I was wondering WTF was Hughie looking at on that one piece of paper to deduce so confidently, and quickly the troubles of McCoy's? Maybe it simply had written on it: "Baby, we're fcuked."

• Advertisement

walshb wrote: »
    I was wondering WTF was Hughie looking at on that one piece of paper to deduce so confidently, and quickly the troubles of McCoy's? Maybe it simply had written on it: "Baby, we're fcuked."

Two things make him an even greater genius - firstly he never even got to look and secondly it was just the roster anyway !?!?!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement