Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v5] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

Paul
    has a heart attack worrying over Rachel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

You can tell things are bad at McCoy's just by the absence of the office computer.. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,610 ✭✭✭✭walshb

You can tell things are bad at McCoy's just by the absence of the office computer.. :)

Who needs computers when you can do all your rosters and management and figures and balance sheets etc on a sheet of paper, that can be looked at in a glance and give you all the info you need?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

The office looks a bit different - bigger I think and brighter. I wonder if they changed the set. That upstairs sitting room that everyone can just walk into is just the pits. We never see any other room up there. I'd say the wallpaper and furniture are there since Kay McCoy's time!

Fair City actually trying...... TRYING :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Fair City actually trying...... TRYING :pac:

Woah. I assumed that was gonna be a p!..take!!

Thanks TV license payers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

Don't worry fellow boardsies! No matter how much money they spend on FC the brainless writers, boring flat direction and poor continuity will make all this laughable and unbelievable. That hospital bed is gonna get used again for starters !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

This guy is making Rachel and Doug look like Broadway actors.....! He is "offaly" bad.....

The last time Fair city tried a car stunt they were too cheep to use extras for the crash and they ended up getting sued (through RTE) by one of the actors who was injured!! Annette I think? Barry's ex alcho bit on the side. GINA got killed on her wedding day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

How dense is Jo to still blame Dermot. If she wasnt such a thundering bitch she wouldnt have drove Deidre to such despiration.

• Advertisement

For once couldn't the writers use mam or mum instead of that horrible 'ma?'

Three times now this has been said tonight.... "you don't know anything about wheelchair basketball"

Ffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,358 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is Sally another new one for Dan to love

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Mod Warning

Steve the Barman - please read the charter before posting again.

Off topic/inappropriate posts have been deleted

So, any guesses for
    who is behind the wheel

What's the "big story" Nina is working on now with Paul and Rachel?

So, any guesses for
    who is behind the wheel

It'll be some unknown joyrider..... That's my guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,201 ✭✭✭jos28

So, any guesses for
    who is behind the wheel

Neil ?

How dense is Jo to still blame Dermot. If she wasnt such a thundering bitch she wouldnt have drove Deidre to such despiration.

Had Dermish been with Jo from the start instead of deceiving her (by siding with, what amounts to a stranger) then Deirdre may never gave gotten this far. Dermish created this.

It's so apt that "RTE" have gotten the stereotype of a modern day "journalist" so catastrophically wrong in Nina...

• Advertisement

walshb wrote: »
    Had Dermish been with Jo from the start instead of deceiving her (by siding with, what amounts to a stranger) then Deirdre may never gave gotten this far. Dermish created this.

Jo is hardly a beacon of honesty herself...... (The Ram Dillon)

It'll be some unknown joyrider..... That's my guess.
    jos28 wrote: »
    Neil ?

Hmmmm perhaps .... I paused the YouTube clip and
    think it looks like female hands. Not many carrigstown residents drive, afaik Niamh does, and Rachel has been known to take a garage car on a spin. If it was either of them I don't get why it would change everything. Unless it was a murder.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,358 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I thought Orla had bought McCoys or had a long lease of it?

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I thought Orla had bought McCoys or had a long lease of it?

So did I!!

Just googled, and back in April 2014 when Orla was having pregnancy trouble with junior, herself and Wayne secured a bank loan to take over the mccoys lease to 'secure their future'

Deirdre has constantly said if she just see Ben on a regular basis she'd be happy. She was willing to let Jo and Dermot come up with when and how often.

Dermot understood this and was prepared to come up with a compromise.He also foresaw the problems ignoring her could cause. Jo would not compromise. Let's be clear it was Jo's unwillingness to compromise that forced Deirdre to fight. Only for Dermot's "sneaking" she would have gone legal even earlier !

desbrook wrote: »
    Deirdre has constantly said if she just see Ben on a regular basis she'd be happy. She was willing to let Jo and Dermot come up with when and how often.

Dermot understood this and was prepared to come up with a compromise.He also foresaw the problems ignoring her could cause. Jo would not compromise. Let's be clear it was Jo's unwillingness to compromise that forced Deirdre to fight. Only for Dermot's "sneaking" she would have gone legal even earlier !

And maybe had she been met with a united front she would have realised that this was a battle she couldn't win. She must have thought that she'd won the lotto when Dermish was deceiving his own wife to help a 'stranger.' Whatever happened to the bond of man and wife?

walshb wrote: »
    And maybe had she been met with a united front she would have realised that this was a battle she couldn't win. She must have thought that she'd won the lotto when Dermish was deceiving his own wife to help a 'stranger.' Whatever happened to the bond of man and wife?

This is Jo we are talking about. She treats Dermot like a bold child so it's understandable he'd act like one occasionally.

Seriously - no a closed door would have made her go legal stull I'd say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

think it looks like female hands. Not many carrigstown residents drive, afaik Niamh does, and Rachel has been known to take a garage car on a spin. If it was either of them I don't get why it would change everything. Unless it was a murder.....

For some reason when I watched the clip of the car it sounds to me like Rachel screaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Jaysus, that Hughie is a nosey fcukr. Reading paperwork, listening at doors.

Orla :''Hughie, you go down and check on that new cider the rep brought''

Hughie :''God no, I'm an alcoholic, I can't drink it.''

Christ, Hughie, she asking you to check it, not empty the fcukin' keg down your throat :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 835 ✭✭✭dogcat

Maybe it was
    Paul trying to get at Puerce and not realize Rachel was driving in the car?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement