Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v5] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,126 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

dogcat wrote: »
    Maybe it was
    Paul trying to get at Puerce and not realize Rachel was driving in the car?
    That's a plausible theory alright

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

coolhull wrote: »
    Jaysus, that Hughie is a nosey fcukr. Reading paperwork, listening at doors.

Orla :''Hughie, you go down and check on that new cider the rep brought''

Hughie :''God no, I'm an alcoholic, I can't drink it.''

Christ, Hughie, she asking you to check it, not empty the fcukin' keg down your throat :eek:

In fairness when you are an addict there's no safe amount - slippery slope and all that. It's actually unrealistic that a chronic alcoholic like Hughie was portrayed would suddenly do so well so suddenly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

desbrook wrote: »
    This is Jo we are talking about. She treats Dermot like a bold child so it's understandable he'd act like one occasionally.

Seriously - no a closed door would have made her go legal stull I'd say.

There was a scene last week and Jo was standing on 2nd or 3rd step of the stairs looking down and berating Dermish (the usual, you know "what have you done Dermisssshh") and it honestly looked like that sketch from Harry Enfield with the music mogul.

Maybe it wasn't Harry Enfield?? Anyway basically The camera angle made it look like Jo was giving out to her little boy!

Jo and Dermish remind me of Miss Piggy and Kermit the way she treats him!! Would she ever treat the Ram like that?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,610 ✭✭✭✭walshb

In fairness when you are an addict there's no safe amount - slippery slope and all that. It's actually unrealistic that a chronic alcoholic like Hughie was portrayed would suddenly do so well so suddenly.

Were they asking Hughie to taste check it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

I've also never heard of a recovering alcoholic working in a pub! It will obviously lead to his demise....Christmas storyline anyone, McCoy fire?

• Advertisement

Paul giving Pearce a dodgy car to hurt him but Rachel driving it that's my guess

Paul giving Pearce a dodgy car to hurt him but Rachel driving it that's my guess

Is Paul capable of that though?

Edit: mystery is over for me, I read the spoilers

Stereotype female solicitor haor cut, dress suit, accent and demeanour.......

The actress that plays Niamh is starting to look very frail.

Christ that new fella really is relying on his looks for this gig. Worst actor I've seen in a while..... and that says something.

Jane really looks great in that McCoys tshirt...... ( , ) ( , )

Hey Orla & Wayne you have money troubles wtf are you doing shopping in spar

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

The actress that plays Niamh is starting to look very frail.

Christ that new fella really is relying on his looks for this gig. Worst actor I've seen in a while..... and that says something.

Jane really looks great in that McCoys tshirt...... ( , ) ( , )

theres a lot to smile about at mace this week

This wheelchair story is total cringe.

My name is Mace Man. I AM FROM offaly. I AM A ROBOT. THIS IS HOW I TALK. I LOOK GOOD. I ACT CR@P.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Whatever happened to the deli in the Spar? It doesn't seem to be there anymore.

But a stunner!

Has anyone ever seen a polite and cordial scene with sourpuss and Don Vito Brennan? She's a cnut.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭hatchman

She's a great solicitor who does house calls first thing in the morning !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

hatchman wrote: »

I remember her making a house call to Paul's home when he was going through the separation with Nieve... I didn't know soclistors made house calls.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

I remember her making a house call to Paul's home when he was going through the separation with Nieve... I didn't know soclistors made house calls.[/QUOTE]

In Carrigstown, all things are possible :rolleyes:

Hang on, she's not a 007 spy???

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Where the hell is this wheelchair-basketball 'story' going? Is it RTE trying to show how right-on they are? Did they bring back Smiley Dan just for this? Iforesee that in a few weeks they'll forget all about it, when they run out of money to film any more outside shots

Where the hell is this wheelchair-basketball 'story' going? Is it RTE trying to show how right-on they are? Did they bring back Smiley Dan just for this? Iforesee that in a few weeks they'll forget all about it, when they run out of money to film any more outside shots

I think it's meant to be our 'lighthearted' storyline to run concurrently with the big disaster afoot next week....they don't realize how we feel about the Lovelorn Dan though. Should of just stuck in a Leo guitar session!

• Advertisement

I was thinking the same thing. Similar to the Amanda Ryan character who magically reappears in the pub with Charlotte. They come out of nowhere to suit some silly story.

Jeez, your one, Sally is some fcuking ah jaysus, howya! Makes Sash look like a D4 head!

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭Foggy Jew

There was a scene last week and Jo was standing on 2nd or 3rd step of the stairs looking down and berating Dermish (the usual, you know "what have you done Dermisssshh") and it honestly looked like that sketch from Harry Enfield with the music mogul.

Maybe it wasn't Harry Enfield?? Anyway basically The camera angle made it look like Jo was giving out to her little boy!

Jo and Dermish remind me of Miss Piggy and Kermit the way she treats him!! Would she ever treat the Ram like that?!

Little Britain... Dennis Waterman. Write the theme toon, sing the theme toon....

It's the bally ballyness of it that makes it all seem so bally bally.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭reeta

I know it's FC and there is no continuity and the scripts are appalling but seriously where is Junior ! You never see the poor child with Orla & Wayne... they dont even bother giving the pair of them an empty pram anymore. Surely even once every couple of weeks Junior's face can be in a shot ! Its only a matter of time before they dont even mention him and forget that they have a child :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Beechfiled

Im glad the wheelchair basketball team train in Carraigstown park, very convenient for Dan.
    When did Paul move into those offices, how can he sell cars from there, are they all parked outside now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Rachel read from the screen like an 8 year old there
    "there.may.be.a.risk.of aneurysm.or stroke"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,201 ✭✭✭jos28

I thought she was the solicitor from Corless, Corless and Sweeney

[IMG][/img]LXm4OCI.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Paul driving the car? Has a stroke and crashes?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

Seriously DeirDRA...just take Ben, take him anywhere, please.

Have to agree, when did Paul move into those offices...did I miss that? Does Doug not do the green cross code gig anymore either? How did the doctor diagnose Paul when he was standing outside Vinos 30 seconds later, chatting about wheelchair basketball. Because your local GP plays wheelchair basketball in his spare time.....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Jayme101

I've seen Conall Keating who plays Neil in theatre before and he was excellent. I think he was a good choice for the bi-polar storyline and I hope it's an ongoing storyline and won't just be wrapped up quickly.

He is Ronan Keating's nephew!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Paul's distain for Piercing Pearse is a bit OTT and I'm also very suspicious of his diagnosis - normally there is no need to visit the Doctor he just arrives in quick time and sees to the patient whatever the severity of the illness/accident (Robbie's near death glass cut comes to mind)

Is Paul feigning illness to keep the grumpy expression on Rachel's face a bit longer?

Who will drive the car towards the helping hand sideways and over Nina before reversing over Deirdre and into the Credit Union where Wayne is finalising his loan to buy out McCoy's?

(I don't know but it would be a painless way of relieving us viewers of some of the tedious storylines) ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement