Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v5] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

reeta wrote: »
    I know it's FC and there is no continuity and the scripts are appalling but seriously where is Junior ! You never see the poor child with Orla & Wayne... they dont even bother giving the pair of them an empty pram anymore. Surely even once every couple of weeks Junior's face can be in a shot ! Its only a matter of time before they dont even mention him and forget that they have a child :rolleyes:
    Sure the child has a terminal throat infection ;) They can't be bringing him everywhere they go :eek:
    ('Everywhere' in this case means the Hungry Pig or Dolly's, the only places they ever seem to end up)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

sligojoek wrote: »
    He'll have another one if he catches Rachel in bed with the new fellow.
    BINGO

Not quite in bed but near enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,610 ✭✭✭✭walshb

amdublin wrote: »
    Rachel read from the screen like an 8 year old there
    "there.may.be.a.risk.of aneurysm.or stroke"

That's her, acting!

I miss Stripey and Eoin and Katie..... Where are they?? :-( :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭waterlesshouse

I thought Wayne and Orla had taken a long term lease on the pub.........
    If they have been pup tenants and paying rent to him then I doubt they should have been responsible for the insurance on the buildings. That should be down to the owner of the property so how were they responsible for the costs after burst pipes as that is part of the buildings................??

• Advertisement

God Zoey is ****ing annoying :mad: & Ben starting to piss me off also ungrateful children

God Zoey is ****ing annoying :mad: & Ben starting to piss me off also ungrateful children

Zoe has an 70-year-head on a child's body.

coolhull wrote: »
    Zoe has an 70-year-head on a child's body.

She's the most downbeat and miserable young child ever on screen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

walshb wrote: »
    She's the most downbeat and miserable young child ever on screen.

All those trips to the bloody tiny park where affairs, drug dealing, marital problems, family rows, and medical diagnosis' are a regular feature would drive any body miserable .....

All those trips to the bloody tiny park where affairs, drug dealing, marital problems, family rows, and medical diagnosis' are a regular feature would drive any body miserable .....

Yes, but what about all the classes they run in the magic room upstairs in the center?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,126 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

I miss Stripey and Eoin and Katie..... Where are they?? :-( :-(

Katy went to Greece with Rachel and bizarrely hasn't been mentioned since. Isn't she supposed to have done the Leaving alongside Rachel?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

If they have been pup tenants and paying rent to him then I doubt they should have been responsible for the insurance on the buildings. That should be down to the owner of the property so how were they responsible for the costs after burst pipes as that is part of the buildings................??

Great point

What the f*ck is Louise doing, negotiating rents on behalf of an absentee landlord in Spain? When did she qualify as a commercial property consultant?
    The only thing we've ever seen her do before is washing lettuce and chopping tomatoes :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭VickieVexed1

What the f*ck is Louise doing, negotiating rents on behalf of an absentee landlord in Spain? When did she qualify as a commercial property consultant?
    The only thing we've ever seen her do before is washing lettuce and chopping tomatoes :rolleyes:

Don't forget the wide eyed blank look and the permanent bun in her hair.

Don't forget the wide eyed blank look and the permanent bun in her hair.

Yeah, and demanding money with menaces :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

Is he not in the States with his ex-ex and kids?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,126 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Good point. If they don't own the building, they can't possibly be liable for repairs to it (and it would surely be up to Louie to pay the insurance).

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭hungrypig

Yes,when Wayne and Orlaith showed Louise their 'business plan' she asked 'what are these figures based on?'.....what de f*** would you know......it was like dumb and dumber at the bar.

Louis must be an ejit to sell up after seeing that buisness proosal. The extra slice of ham on the ham and cheese toasty was a guaranteed windfall for McCoy's.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭rogercar

Is he not in the States with his ex-ex and kids?

He is. He later leased out the pub to Orla and Wayne for 12 months. Yvonne was looking after his financial affairs this end. Whatever happened to her? Loiuse was running Vines while Yvonne went off for "afew weeks to find herself". In reality I doubt Louise would be Louis's choice to run his pub. He should be back, and if he's not returning, he should sell the pub. The pub needs a complete makeover and name change. The Rovers Return, Queen Vic, etc are iconic pubs. McCoy's is not. The McCoy's ran the pub for afew years, so what was the pub called before they took it over? The pubs in the UK soaps were named when they were built about 100 years ago. Irish pubs are different in that, new owners usually change the name of the pub as a marketing ploy and to reflect their new ownership. Abit of realism would be nice. At the risk of repeating myself, there is nothing "Iconic" about McCoy's.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭John Joe Jones

The pub has changed hands a good few times since Kay mcCoy owned it, Didn't Bob and Renee own it for a couple years ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,201 ✭✭✭jos28

Is the new basketball coach the same actor that's on the Aldi ad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7D8563Ufm7o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

jos28 wrote: »
    Is the new basketball coach the same actor that's on the Aldi ad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7D8563Ufm7o

Ya it is, I knew I saw her face before but I'm thinking of seen her in some acting role.

Wtf was the story with the Sally turnaround? One scene she's doing a runner because the Condors are crap, and the next scene she's looking through railings from a hundred yards away at the clowns throwing the ball to each other , and she's ready to come back because of the clear improvement she sees?

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭hungrypig

walshb wrote: »
    Wtf was the story with the Sally turnaround? One scene she's doing a runner because the Condors are crap, and the next scene she's looking through railings from a hundred yards away at the clowns throwing the ball to each other , and she's ready to come back because of the clear improvement she sees?
    It was utterly cringey, how could they improve so quickly? No one seems to do a tap of work in carrigstown, they can all just drop everything to play around in wheel chairs

hungrypig wrote: »
    It was utterly cringey, how could they improve so quickly? No one seems to do a tap of work in carrigstown, they can all just drop everything to play around in wheel chairs

Yeh, but the nuss has it all under control at the surgery, the tomatoes pretty much chop themselves now at The Bistro, caddle's cabs is better than Uber at this stage, and greasy has left Jack's babysitter to babysit the station.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

hungrypig wrote: »

I just can't watch those scenes. They are cringey alright, even when I'm fast-forwarding through them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

Pete's a few weeks early for No-Shave November

Anyone reckon if the powers that be at Sky Sports get a sniff of this basketball league they may snap it up? Be on PPV in no time..

• Advertisement

FFS, Dermot. If you want granny Zoe not to overhear your private conversations at least send her down to the fooking shop. Every time it happens.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement