Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v5] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 309 ✭✭ubs69

See your man in Vino's (also the cop who arrested deco ) the face on him , like crashes like that happen every day didn't even flinch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

They had to hire the same stunt men that did biddy's crash and simply used a bollard instead of a tractor. Is Bob alright?

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Sam Kade wrote: »
    Is Bob alright?

God, I hope so. Nobody else can wield a sweeping brush with authority and gravitas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,609 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Please god let this be the end of let me see Binjimin. No. Let me see Binjimin. No. Ok, we're going to court. Ok, you can see him.....Although, with FC don't be surprised if still carries on at the magic bed in Carrigstown General. Maybe Bronagh can double up as 24/7 nurse-part time mediator?

Is Bob alright?

This is Bob we're talking about. The man who doesn't bleed when he gets shot. Makes Chuck Norris look like a choir boy....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭hungrypig

Jeez, didn't see that coming, I was sure it was going to be clar or Stephen. Fair play to fair city for the unexpected twist

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭hungrypig

Is Bob alright?[/quote]
    I'd say he just got an awful shock.....the faheys are by far his bed customers, his profits will take a severe dip if anything happens to dermish or bin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,207 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Such badly made ****e!

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Such badly made ****e!

Welcome aboard!

walshb wrote: »
    Welcome aboard!

Ah I'm aboard a while! But how did that car get into the air? And the build up was so badly directed. The whole scenario was BS.

The big "stunt scene" with no obvious trigger.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭maurv1

Ah I'm aboard a while! But how did that car get into the air? And the build up was so badly directed. The whole scenario was BS.

And one of the most obvious (to my mind anyway) questions. Why was Durmish driving like a stuntman in a James Bond film ffs? Sure Benny couldn't live too far from the school ..doesn't he walk there with Zoeyy..so could Durmish not drive normally, I mean Deirdre wasn't going to run them off the road like the villain following James Bond, was she?

Anyway, just one of the many reasons why I love to hate FC :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭Pretzill

So is the irony of this latest car crash mean Binjimin actually does go down under?

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭squadro

Worst crash ever

Yer man drinking the coffee outside vinos was priceless. Nonplussed. I will carry on drinking me latte. Sure it'll be grand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,126 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

They had to hire the same stunt men that did biddy's crash and simply used a bollard instead of a tractor. Is Bob alright?

It would be impossible for the car to become airborne like that, Dermot looked to be doing only about 30mph at most. All the car would do would be to spin around at most.

The point about Biddy's crash in Glenroe is a good one. They used a special ramp there and drove one side of the car onto it with the other two wheels still on the ground which gives us the effect of the car shooting up into the air, but in real life Dermot's car would have to be going at a ferocious speed like 100mph to take off skywards like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭squadro

Deirdre knows where ya live ya dingbat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

hungrypig wrote: »
    Jeez, didn't see that coming, I was sure it was going to be clar or Stephen. Fair play to fair city for the unexpected twist

Ah come on. Let's be honest. Majority of people were convinced it was going to be Big Bad Bossy Brennan. Details that it was going to be Dermish were only released yesterday. And that was a last gasp effort to attract viewers. If this was Corrie the details wouldve been released a month ago!

Still it is predictable the great lazarus recovery bed will play a part in next few weeks!

PLEASE NO BRONAGH THOUGH!

Ps isn't Carrigstown meant to be near Drumcondra! How about a Ryanair flight to Zambia with Ama on board which crashes into McCoys next.... .... or one bringing the latest outcasts of Carrigstown to Cork....

Ps Daniel O Donnell was hilarious in his GiftGrub Fair City review today! His impression of Don Paulioni Brennan and Rachel (slapper version) conversing was bang on the money! Worth a listen!

I thought it was funny how Dermish went from completely outside the set to onto the set. One second he's driving in what looks like a busy city, and then out of absolute nowhere comes the little Carrigstown set with the bollards in front of him.

As to the point about Deirdre chasing and beeping the horn......FFS.....

Jo may have been a whaling witch, but she was spot on from the start about letting that nutter into their lives. Dermish is to blame for it all.

Yeh, I thought that when posting. Username is familiar.

I thought it was funny how Dermish went from completely outside the set to onto the set. One second he's driving in what looks like a busy city, and then out of absolute nowhere comes the little Carrigstown set with the bollards in front of him.

Jo may have been a whaling witch, but she was spot on from the start about letting that nutter into their lives. Dermish is to blame for it all.

Someone pleaseeeeeeeee edit that Dermishhhhh/ Deirdre car chase/ crash to a Benny Hill version!!

I swear it would make my day! It has all the attributes!

It also reminds me of of Rosco and Enos from the Dukes of Hazard!

(The Fahys of Carrigstown perhaps.... there is a spinoff there!)

• Advertisement

Also where did the silver car that went out in front of them just disappear to??? I know FC is reknowned for cast members just doing Houdini acts every couple of weeks for months on end but motor vehicles now?? It was right in front of them but just disappeared into thin air in the next frame, a second later!!

http://www.rte.ie/player/ie/show/10467943/

mini clips of Fair City disasters pretty meh! to be honest the only decent one is the Lucy story line it had potential but didn't go nearly far enough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,126 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

I think even the supposed city scenes were within the grounds of RTE! They rarely or never seem to film anything outside of Montrose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Crazy Christ

This is terrible, but is anyone else hoping that they use this chance to kill off Ben? Hopefully then Jo would die from the grief and David Brent, sorry Dermot, could have some sort of life. He could hook up with that one with the big juicy baps, what's the name.. Oh yes, Paul.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Mod Warning

The use of racist language or terms will not be tolerated in this forum.

Mod Note @ 14:17

Just to clarify, the offensive post was deleted and the poster received an infraction. I also removed posts that quoted the original post.

Please don't reply to offensive posts, report them instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

IL pop into that pub in Cork that Orla and Wayne are moving to. I wonder where in Cork there heading to???????????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

What is it fair city and cork?

Maybe there moving in with clar in mallow

haha Fair city writers they love Cork, who could blame them hahahah:):)

fin12 wrote: »
    haha Fair city writers they love Cork, who could blame them hahahah:):)

And Galway. But at least you have a chance of making it back from Cork. If you go to Galway, its game over.

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Shifty Shellshock

Kilkenny was a go with Fair city for a while, too. Actually I miss that whole family in it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

Orla and Jo should start a wailing mothers' union

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement