Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v5] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,207 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

walshb wrote: »
    Fcuk the crash. Did the Condor Globetrotters win?

Here it is!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

The most frenetic all over the shop episode in FC history...

I see the nosiest character of all still hasn't been seen. Bunion Kelly, reveal yourself? Unless, of course, you're burying the wife?

As for Junior? MIA is a more apt fcuking name. You'd think they'd at least throw in a baby monitor to pretend he exists. They can't shut Ruthieeee d fook up, but Junior's not to be seen, or heard?

Sure wasn't Caddle still getting up at 5 in the morning to feed her little fella when he was almost 2.

rustyf81 wrote: »
    How has no one mentioned Hughies pit's yet......?? *shuddddddersss
    Just imagine having you pint supplemented with monkey sweat :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,609 ✭✭✭✭walshb

rustyf81 wrote: »
    How has no one mentioned Hughies pit's yet......?? *shuddddddersss

Jane did!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

Sam Kade wrote: »
    The wedding was like something out of fr ted. Pete is only a couple of years older than me ffs, there's no way in gods wide earthly world would I marry a wrinkly old woman.

I think there's only about 5 years between the actors...I have a memory of reading an article with the actress who plays Dolores in it a few years (maybe five max) ago that said she was I think 54.

• Advertisement

I hope Hughie doesn't go on the drink he is a brilliant actor

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

How did bob sprain his ankle?

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭wilddarts

How did bob sprain his ankle?

No, no. He broke his ankle. It's a life changing event that causes it's victims to reflect deeply on their existence and the type of person they turned out to be.... Or so it seems.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

wilddarts wrote: »
    No, no. He broke his ankle. It's a life changing event that causes it's victims to reflect deeply on their existence and the type of person they turned out to be.... Or so it seems.

Ok

How did he manage to sprain it then? Surely if the car hit him he'd get more than a sprain.

But then again this is fair city were talking about :D

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Just watched tonight's explosive, block-buster episode of the Fair City saga. A quick summary......

The two mothers stopped 'crying' long enough to have a screaming stand-up row either side of Dermish's ICU bed. Sure haven't we all done that at one time or other? :(

Shane examined Paul last Friday and pronounced him healthy as a horse. Even I knew he wasn't well. (But then, I read the spoilers on this thread, so I'm way ahead of SuperDoc on medical issues)

Pierce finds Paul stretched out on the kitchen floor, groaning and sweating buckets
    ''Paul, are you ok?''
    ''Yeah, I''m grand, sure this is how I always like to relax after a sudden cardiac arrest''

Hughie is tempted to have a drink, pours a large one, makes a 'thinking' face, and throws it down the sink.
    Ah, Hughie, ffs it's nearly ten euro for a large vodka (though I notice you made no effort to pay. No wonder the pub is fcuked)

Orla : ''You're getting married on Friday? But I haven't even got a frock''
    That's not a problem, Orla, you can go to the place where you bought your own wedding dress. The charity shop, remember? ''We have second-hand outfits suitable for all formal occasions.''

All patients are off the critical list, Dolly got a wedding blessing, the accident scene was cleaned up impeccably, Hughie resisted temptation, and Ruthie, as always,saved the day with her excellent timing and superior acting skills.

And yet, while all this is happening, the fu*kin' basketball game, after two days play, heads for a penalty shoot-out.

Ah Jaysis, I'm getting too old for all this :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

coolhull wrote: »
    Just watched tonight's explosive, block-buster episode of the Fair City saga. A quick summary......

The two mothers stopped 'crying' long enough to have a screaming stand-up row either side of Dermish's ICU bed. Sure haven't we all done that at one time or other? :(

Shane examined Paul last Friday and pronounced him healthy as a horse. Even I knew he wasn't well. (But then, I read the spoilers on this thread, so I'm way ahead of SuperDoc on medical issues)

Pierce finds Paul stretched out on the kitchen floor, groaning and sweating buckets
    ''Paul, are you ok?''
    ''Yeah, I''m grand, sure this is how I always like to relax after a sudden cardiac arrest''

Hughie is tempted to have a drink, pours a large one, makes a 'thinking' face, and throws it down the sink.
    Ah, Hughie, ffs it's nearly ten euro for a large vodka (though I notice you made no effort to pay. No wonder the pub is fcuked)

That's not a problem, Orla, you can go to the place where you bought your own wedding dress. The charity shop, remember? ''We have second-hand outfits suitable for all formal occasions.''

All patients are off the critical list, Dolly got a wedding blessing, the accident scene was cleaned up impeccably, Hughie resisted temptation, and Ruthie, as always,saved the day with her excellent timing and superior acting skills.

And yet, while all this is happening, the fu*kin' basketball game, after two days play, heads for a penalty shoot-out.

Ah, Cool, that was brilliant! . ... I even laughed out loud.... :D. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭VickieVexed1

''Paul, are you ok?''

Excellent!

Guys and Gals...we need to start a coolhull appreciation thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Excellent!

Guys and Gals...we need to start a coolhull appreciation thread.

We need to get RTE to employ Coolhull...... Oh, wait a minute, why should they employ Coolhull if he/she is telling them for free how it should be!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

Every week is Car Crash week in fair city :pac:

Watching Michael Collins there on sunday evening, the amount of Fair city actors, past and present,

Poor Hughie on the Anti-Treaty side... Hope he wasnt shot :p

Just watched Michael Collins tonight. Had forgotten how good it really was. Had not seen it for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

sligojoek wrote: »
    I think someone said Tommy's looking after him.

Woah woah woah. You seem to have leaped 8 years into the fair city future, when the faheys will be but a distant memory. There will be another Timewarp Basketball game, which will again allow the fair city world to go wild, and 'everything will change' - it will then be Tommys turn to suddenly fight for custody of junior!

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭hungrypig

wilddarts wrote: »

Indeed, he handled his ankle injury with great dignity.......as Alan partridge says....a triumph for the human spirit

I think there's only about 5 years between the actors...I have a memory of reading an article with the actress who plays Dolores in it a few years (maybe five max) ago that said she was I think 54.
    The actor that plays Pete is 52 and if you say the actress that plays Delores was 54 5 years ago that makes her 59. That's 7 years difference, even though Dolores looks well into her 60's.

hungrypig wrote: »
    Indeed, he handled his ankle injury with great dignity.......as Alan partridge says....a triumph for the human spirit
    What a hero our Bob is he told the Doc to look after Bin first :)

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

"We had to remove Binjiminn's spleen".

They should have removed Bin, and kept the spleen.
    Not only would it have been a better actor, but it wouldn't be a sulky, spoilt, interfering little bollix

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

"We had to remove Binjiminn's spleen".

They should have removed Bin, and kept the spleen.

Best line of this thread. This is why I love this thread so much....:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

The actor that plays Pete is 52 and if you say the actress that plays Delores was 54 5 years ago that makes her 59. That's 7 years difference, even though Dolores looks well into her 60's.

I said 'about' 5 years ago, because wikipedia puts Enda Oates at 53 already, or sometime in the next few months and the article was 5 years ago max - it could have been 4, or 3 even. It was some heart thing. I was just pointing out there's not 10 or 15 years or anything like between them.

Pete and Doll are very close in age. I would say he's mid 50s and she is late 50s.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

I hope Hughie doesn't go on the drink he is a brilliant actor

That's why I want him on the drink. Hughie could be the "Phil on crack Mitchell" of Carrigstown.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Why does everyone in carrigstown think a recovering alcoholic working in a pub is normal? Where's Renees voice of reason?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Why does everyone in carrigstown think a recovering alcoholic working in a pub is normal? Where's Renees voice of reason?

I think she's gone to Brazil.
    well soon he wont just be working there, he will own it

Either way she's very wrinkly :)

Sam, not very nice to be so pass remarkable about someone's appearance.

I am sure I've been gulity of it myself in the past. I'm trying to change!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,352 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is it Paul's garage that services the wheelchairs, if so it isn't doing a good job

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Sam, not very nice to be so pass remarkable about someone's appearance.

I am sure I've been gulity of it myself in the past. I'm trying to change!:)

This Sam guy has made a few personal comments over last few days about actors. Brave guy over the Internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

I think the smiley is what puts his comment over the top. I mean any pretence of just remarking clinically and objectively goes out the window with that.

• Advertisement

Is carol still working for the gangster with the 3d glasses?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement