Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v5] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,349 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Why don't Jo and Dermot bar Deirdre from Ben at the hospital, they can tell the hospital staff not allow her access, can they as his legal guardians/parents?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,201 ✭✭✭jos28

I've been away for a few days and managed to avoid all things FC related. Just spent a couple of hours catching up - I needn't have bothered, I should have just read Coolhull's posts and had a laugh instead.
    Bit surprised at Dermish and Bin being in the flying car, I presumed it was going to be Pauliano. I enjoyed all the car crash drama, fast forwarded the basketball sh1te and laughed at the 'wedding'. Worst wedding ever !

Loved Hughie tonight and reckon there'll be great crack with him in charge of McCoys. Best performances were definitely from himself and Bob (as always).
    Sick to death of the wailing women and wish that one of them would grab Ben and disappear.
    2 questions : Who are the parents on Ben's birth cert ? Is is Deirdre and Dermish, and if so, will Ben think they were having an affair when he finds the cert in a drawer (as he inevitably will)
    Why didn't Dolly wear a wig to her wedding ? Why did she have to wear a horrible head scarf on her wedding day ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭John Joe Jones

So now two men in Carrigstown have gone from being homeless & penniless to owing a local business.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,349 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is all rosy again with Dolly and Niamh so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,782 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

branie2 wrote: »
    Hughie is like Sam Malone from Cheers - he also had a problem with drink, and he owned a bar

Also Ted Danson was as bald as a coot under that wig!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,609 ✭✭✭✭walshb

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Why don't Jo and Dermot bar Deirdre from Ben at the hospital, they can tell the hospital staff not allow her access, can they as his legal guardians/parents?

For the same reason Sourpuss can stroll into the hospital to visit her very ill father, and proceed to tell him that the new fella is being moved in, and that's fcuking that.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

All the poignant scenes of the different characters set to music tonight was very Home&Awayesque. Kane is doing his job!

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Wow,what was one hell of an after-wedding party........

Dolly: ''God, Wayne, you have the place done up lovely! It looks so different!''

Yeah, putting up four balloons in each corner really adds a matrimonial touch to the occasion

Twisty-head, the best man (!) going around with a tray, offering the wedding guests, wait for it,....sausage rolls! I wonder what the vegetarians were offered? A packet of Tayto? KP nuts? Rhubarb tart?

And the sh1t-hot, funky, wonder band that they booked for this glorious occasion was none other than Mick and the the Rolling Sto.... no, sorry, Leo and the Waving Hands

And of course, Dr. Big-Eyes decides that this wedding party is the perfect time to inform his ailing, on -crutches uncle that he's really his father. Sure isn't that what we all do?

Meanwhile, back at the Carrigstown Centre of Medical Excellence, where there's no maximum limit to the number of visit crowding into the tiny Coronary Care Unit, Smiley- arse and the Web Builder (can't think of his name) inform poor Paul that they're setting up their lovenest in his house.
    If he's lucky, they might, but only might, build him a granny flat out the back.

And at the other end of this massive hospital, I'm-His -Mother and No-I-Am have their usual steaming row about Binjimin's parentage, while Bin lies blinking rapidly in a deep sleep.

And Sally introducing her boyfriend :''This is my fiancé, Rocco''
    Rocco, being a most courteous and civil gentleman, snarls, ''Where's the parking area?''
    And best line of the show....Dan, the semi-quadraplegic confined to a wheelchair for life, tells Rocco, ''Its round the back. WILL I GIVE YA A HAND PARKING?. :confused::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭VickieVexed1

coolhull wrote: »
    Wow,what was one hell of an after-wedding party........

Dolly: ''God, Wayne, you have the place done up lovely! It looks so different!''

Yeah, putting up four balloons in each corner really adds a matrimonial touch to the occasion

Twisty-head, the best man (!) going around with a tray, offering the wedding guests, wait for it,....sausage rolls! I wonder what the vegetarians were offered? A packet of Tayto? KP nuts? Rhubarb tart?

And the sh1t-hot, funky, wonder band that they booked for this glorious occasion was none other than Mick and the the Rolling Sto.... no, sorry, Leo and the Waving Hands

And of course, Dr. Big-Eyes decides that this wedding party is the perfect time to inform his ailing, on -crutches uncle that he's really his father. Sure isn't that what we all do?

Meanwhile, back at the Carrigstown Centre of Medical Excellence, where there's no maximum limit to the number of visit crowding into the tiny Coronary Care Unit, Smiley- arse and the Web Builder (can't think of his name) inform poor Paul that they're setting up their lovenest in his house.
    If he's lucky, they might, but only might, build him a granny flat out the back.

And at the other end of this massive hospital, I'm-His -Mother and No-I-Am have their usual steaming row about Binjimin's parentage, while Bin lies blinking rapidly in a deep sleep.

And Sally introducing her boyfriend :''This is my fiancé, Rocco''
    Rocco, being a most courteous and civil gentleman, snarls, ''Where's the parking area?''
    And best line of the show....Dan, the semi-quadraplegic confined to a wheelchair for life, tells Rocco, ''Its round the back. WILL I GIVE YA A HAND PARKING?. :confused::confused:

Coolhull, will you please marry me? I'm sure I would spend the rest of my life laughing.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Coolhull, will you please marry me? I'm sure I would spend the rest of my life laughing.[/QUOTE]

Vickie, do you really think that a remark like that is going to give me confidence in the ould love-making department? :D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,665 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

It was a funny post all right C

I tip my hat to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

So now two men in Carrigstown have gone from being homeless & penniless to owing a local business.

In fairness they balanced it out with Dolly going from a millionaire to penniless and packing bags under the tree at Spar without much of a fuss by her.......

Swings and roundabouts!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

Oh wasn't it lovely seeing Wayne the pain being put in his place by the fantastic Hughie. I've waited ages to see that. Jo and Deirdre remain classy as ever shouting at each other over the sick bed of blinking champion Binjimn. Isn't Paul lucky to have such a lovely nurse Rachel waiting for him at home. Can you imagine it'll be like Stephen Kings movie Misery:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭Lollipop95

I'm confused...I thought it was discovered ages ago that Bob wasn't Shane's father??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Lollipop95 wrote: »
    I'm confused...I thought it was discovered ages ago that Bob wasn't Shane's father??

No Jim saw that Shane had got a paternity test, he saw it in the surgery one day and talked to shane about it and asked him not to open it, that they didn't need to know, that he was his father so Shane said he would and agreed not to open the results but after Jim left he opened it anyway and saw that Bob was his father but never told Jim and only told Bob this week. I think Alma knew all along though.

Lollipop95 wrote: »

I think the DNA showed Bob was the daddy, and they then burnt the results.....

Shane's timing and place to let Bob know was beyond ridiculous....

How do women like Caddle and Saddle get so many men swooning over them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

walshb wrote: »
    I think the DNA showed Bob was the daddy, and they then burnt the results.....

Shane's timing and place to let Bob know was beyone ridiculous....

How do women like Caddle and Saddle get so many men swooning over them?

Is Caddle Carol?
    because if it is sure Carol is pretty. and I dont know who Saddle is either.

fin12 wrote: »
    Is Caddle Carol?
    because if it is sure Carol is pretty. and I dont know who Saddle is either.

Caddle is Carol, and Saddle is Sally. The two biggest howyas in soap history!

This changes everything was the theme for last weeks Fair City but nothing changed whatsoever

as I said during the week the basketball match lasted longer the the actual crash I can honestly say if it was not for this thread I would not be watching & the hole music thing at the end only works in a actual disaster happened :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,050 ✭✭✭✭tk123

the hole music thing at the end only works in a actual disaster happened :rolleyes:

Raglan Road is a real "Dubliner song" and means something to a lot of people....well people I know anyways :o so I can understand them playing it and everyone looking off into space having a think. For me it was played at my Nana's funeral and always stops me in my tracks when I hear it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭maurv1

So Kewie is now the owner of McCoys ..lol! Where did he get the money to buy?

I thought that the "musical" interlude, at the end with Leos rendition of Raglan Road was pure corny . I'm told that Home and Away does that sort of stuff sometimes (don't watch it myself) , and it works better.

Ama made a move on your man ha ha!

coolhull wrote: »
    Coolhull, will you please marry me? I'm sure I would spend the rest of my life laughing.[/QUOTE]

Vickie, do you really think that a remark like that is going to give me confidence in the ould love-making department? :D:D:D:D

There you go again. Reading that, I spat Aldi tea onto my keyboard.

For my sins, I never miss an episode of FC. But for the life of me, I cannot recall how Hughie received so much money. Please jog my memory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

For my sins, I never miss an episode of FC. But for the life of me, I cannot recall how Hughie received so much money. Please jog my memory.

He won a court case of some description, then bought the building Paul wanted and tried to sell it back to him at a higher price...can't remember if he did though, must have sold it to someone to get the cash!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭The Dogs Bollix

I caught the end of fair city on sunday night. Watched it for the first time in weeks because its gone to the dogs. But i only caught the end.

Anyone care to fill me in. Why is everyone dying, in hospital, three people in wheelchairs and bob hobbling on crutches.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

I caught the end of fair city on sunday night. Watched it for the first time in weeks because its gone to the dogs. But i only caught the end.

Anyone care to fill me in. Why is everyone dying, in hospital, three people in wheelchairs and bob hobbling on crutches.

I think they wanted to prove they have more than one hospital bed....maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭hungrypig

Deirdre beeped the horn at dermish and his car spectacularly flipped over , taking out bob and dolly. It was good that the real dangers of beeping a horn were highlighted,I'm surprised they didn't organise one of those free all helplines for anyone who has been affected by horn beeping induced car accidents, it must be rampant.
    Wheelchair basketball is the latest craze in carrigstown, kind of like zumba or loom bands, they will tire of it soon when they realise that the matches are more time consuming than international chess. You could literally die of old age playing wheelchair basketball carrigstown style.
    And if all that doesn't kill you, listen to Leo singing raglan road and you'll feel like throwing yourself off the nearest cliff ( probably mallow)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

Dan rescued Carol and Robbie and had an accident a few months back and this is why he is in a wheelchair. The others are playing wheelchair basketball and are not really in wheelchairs.
    Only one person ends up dying from what I gather and this is Ben

Paul had a heart attack and is recovering. Destined to once more get back with Niamh I am sure. A car accident caused Ben's, Dermot's and Bob's injuries.
    As mentioned, only Ben is to die

maurv1 wrote: »
    So Kewie is now the owner of McCoys ..lol! Where did he get the money to buy?

I thought that the "musical" interlude, at the end with Leos rendition of Raglan Road was pure corny . I'm told that Home and Away does that sort of stuff sometimes (don't watch it myself) , and it works better.

Ama made a move on your man ha ha!

Hughie got it from Paul after selling him back the building. I wonder what will become of Wayne and Orla? Are they to move off to their job in Cork and written out of it?

The musical interlude was ripped off from Love/Hate. This very same song is on the DVD version of season 4 episode 4's conclusion where Dano is shot and left for dead by his colleagues. It works better there. I do recall Leo being used again before for doing a song. The performance was mediocre enough but it still is much better than the rubbish Irish country music played nonstop on certain radio and satellite TV programmes, and occasionally on Tubridy's Late Late show and the TG4.

I said before and say again they seem to not be able to make up their mind who Ama is to be with. She was with Damian first until Damian had an affair with Caoimhe. Ama then accepted this and all were friends! Then, it was set up to be Doug and this idea is dropped completely with even Doug advising her to go with Shane! Now, her and Shane are being hinted at for weeks and Shane for the moment does not appear all that interested. IIRC, all 3 of Ama's boyfriends were in the same room at the same time here. Doug and Shane for sure and I think Damian was at the bar! If this was Love/Hate, there would have been a bloodbath in the toilets!

• Advertisement

tk123 wrote: »
    Raglan Road is a real "Dubliner song" and means something to a lot of people....well people I know anyways :o so I can understand them playing it and everyone looking off into space having a think. For me it was played at my Nana's funeral and always stops me in my tracks when I hear it.

Most people think of Raglan Road along with Molly Malone when asked to name a Dublin song. Raglan Road was more complex than this. It was written by a Monaghan man about a Kerry woman about their meeting in Dublin. Luke Kelly did the best ever version and made the song totally a Dublin anthem.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement