Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v5] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I reckon Ben is going to need a blood transplant or an organ donation and the only person that can give it to him is Deirdre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

sligojoek wrote: »
    I reckon Ben is going to need a blood transplant or an organ donation and the only person that can give it to him is Deirdre.

Or Satan. Surely that kid is the son of Lucifer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭John Joe Jones

Fair city should do a gender fluid storyline with Oisín Brennan or Zak Dillon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

Like it or not, this will almost certainly be a storyline in Fair City and/or other soaps soon. Maybe Paul's daughter could become Rachel Jonathan!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

That would make a good story line, Joek, but God knows the "scriptwriters" are not blessed with the kind of imagination you have.
    Besides, where are they going to get the extra hospital bed?
    Poor Leo Varadker has enough on his plate, without trying to breathe life into a little bollix none of us can stand
    And that's not the kind of operation that can be performed on a table in the Hungry Pig or a park bench
    So it's a case of "Get the fcuk outa that hospital bed, Paul, we've got two patients waiting to lepp into it"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,050 ✭✭✭✭tk123

You never know - he might just get an ear infection like what happened to Junior!! LOL!! :pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,126 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

tk123 wrote: »
    Raglan Road is a real "Dubliner song" and means something to a lot of people....well people I know anyways :o so I can understand them playing it and everyone looking off into space having a think. For me it was played at my Nana's funeral and always stops me in my tracks when I hear it.

Completely inappropriate song to perform at a wedding though.....it's about a failed relationship / unrequited love :)

Strazdas wrote: »
    Completely inappropriate song to perform at a wedding though.....it's about a failed relationship / unrequited love :)

Leo the Oracle knows everyone's troubles lol! Despite never being in a scene with half of them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

I think I'd shoot myself if the only entertainer I could get for my wedding was Leo Dowling

I think I'd shoot myself if the only entertainer I could get for my wedding was Leo Dowling

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

Jesus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,349 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Better if it was Brendan so she had to return with Heather and Renee

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

WE have to thank god for Leo as the alternative could be worse. Like, I am surprised some of these bad Irish boyfolk country singers or some of the boybands did not make cameo roles! I better stop as they might get ideas :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Watched the episode after seeing the reviews in here on Raglan Road. Thought 'Leo' done an okay job to be fair to the man. I've heard far far worse during college sessions back through the years but it's still remained a favourite song of mine.
    Found the song apt-timing for the Sunday episode also after Dublin won the All-Ireland, hearing a Dub song like that just seemed like perfect timing.
    'Leo' done okay. He is no Luke Kelly we all know that, but he done okay :)

Just my random musings,
    kerry4sam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

kerry4sam wrote: »
    Watched the episode after seeing the reviews in here on Raglan Road. Thought 'Leo' done an okay job to be fair to the man. I've heard far far worse during college sessions back through the years but it's still remained a favourite song of mine.
    Found the song apt-timing for the Sunday episode also after Dublin won the All-Ireland, hearing a Dub song like that just seemed like perfect timing.
    'Leo' done okay. He is no Luke Kelly we all know that, but he done okay :)

Just my random musings,
    kerry4sam

Ya I think he did a good job, there was an another episode a while back as well where he was singing and playing in the background, can anyone remember that, I think it was a well known song that time as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

oh it was the Parting glass, was a nice scene. Love Leo. It was around the time of Rita's death. The video is on youtube.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

after Dublin won the All-Ireland,

Is Fair City not shot weeks/months in advance?:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

after Dublin won the All-Ireland,

Is Fair City not shot weeks/months in advance?:confused:
    They filmed two scenes. The other one featured "The Rose of Tralee"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,665 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

How much compo did Hughie get?

Even an average pub in Dublin would be over the 1 million mark at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

Hopefully Ben is dead tbh. Sick of him at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ben and dermish are coming out of hospital already?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

surely Paul is going to die one night when he starts knocking boots with Niamh again :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,609 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Ah FFS, Dermish back on again possibly entertaining Deirdre. Will they just end it.

How can the doctors discuss Ben with Deirdre :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Hopefully Ben is dead tbh. Sick of him at this stage.

That's nice!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

LoL at the makeup department of RTE

Dermish's facial injuries looks like Bosco gone wrong!

No matter what illness he has, as coolhul has already said, a plaster somewhere on the forehead should sort it.

Laois_Man wrote: »
    LoL at the makeup department of RTE

Dermish's facial injuried looks like Dora the Explorer gone wrong!

Was wondering whether he had a car accident or simply a bad day in the back garden sunbathing!

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭squadro

How did the Howaya end up in the slammer?

• Advertisement

squadro wrote: »
    How did the Howaya end up in the slammer?

Do you mean Sash or Charlotte?

Charlotte is visiting Sash who is inside for a hit and run apparently I think connected to her new husband

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement