Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v5] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭hungrypig

Ffs, the faheys need to count their blessings bitching and moaning about bens health condition.......do they not realise things could be so much worse.....he could have an ear infection

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭maurv1

I never realised the pub had other (silent) barstaff besides the ones we all knew and loved. They were there when Hughie made his announcement.

So Jane will be able to lord it over Wayne and Orla tongue.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,349 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

When did Barchanic return from his travels with his sister to get his job back in McCoys?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,207 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    When did Barchanic return from his travels with his sister to get his job back in McCoys?

Ah who cares...it's Fair City!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,126 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

He never actually went I believe. Katie went to Greece with Rachel and has not been mentioned since.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Are you allowed have make up in prison?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I feel sorry for Wayne and Orla, that would be really hard working as an employee in the place where you were once the manager.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭squadro

I thought they were feckin off to cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭hungrypig

fin12 wrote: »

Yeah I noticed sash had more makeup on her than Marti morrisy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,609 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Jane got offeered the job and in two seconds she was barking orders. You gotta' love the no terms/conditions/contracts/start times of these positions in FC.

And, Dermish, how the fcuk could you have spotted with Benjimin that he had this rare condition?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Sparkly Blonde

Assuming it's Fair City Version of Dublins only Women's prison, they have ensuite bathrooms in their rooms, keys to there own door and have a hair and beauty Salon where prisoners can do FETAC courses, I'd say Makeup is very common.
    I'm surprised they don't have her back in her Pj's though.

I'm surprised they don't have her back in her Pj's though.

Looked like PJs to me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭John Joe Jones

I thought Sash was in Spain?

Strazdas wrote: »
    He never actually went I believe. Katie went to Greece with Rachel and has not been mentioned since.

I thought him and Katie were going volunteering overseas to Haiti or Syria etc.,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I thought him and Katie were going volunteering overseas to Haiti or Syria etc.,
    She'a volunteering in Lesbos.

The storyline seems to have been quietly dropped. Rachel and Katie went to Greece on holidays in mid July, Rachel returned about five weeks later (as you do) with Pierce in tow and no mention at all of Katie.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭drugstore cowboy

I feel sorry for Wayne and Orla, that would be really hard working as an employee in the place where you were once the manager.

I don't. Two horrible characters with no redeeming qualities.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,201 ✭✭✭jos28

I heard rumours of The Law Society making a formal complaint to RTE concerning the exchange of property without any form of legal conveyancing.
    Hughie managed to buy a pub by talking to the owner through a third party with a permanent bun in her hair. Not a sniff of a solicitor exchanging contracts, organising surveys and all the other sh1t that goes with buying property. Are the FC writers trying to do away with solicitors altogether !!

This will be followed by an investigation by the National Employment Rights Authority who will be examining the complete lack of employment contracts, P45s etc. It's amazing how FC characters can switch from one employer to another instantly without a mention of P45s or emergency tax !!

jos28 wrote: »
    I heard rumours of The Law Society making a formal complaint to RTE concerning the exchange of property without any form of legal conveyancing.
    Hughie managed to buy a pub by talking to the owner through a third party with a permanent bun in her hair. Not a sniff of a solicitor exchanging contracts, organising surveys and all the other sh1t that goes with buying property. Are the FC writers trying to do away with solicitors altogether !!

This will be followed by an investigation by the National Employment Rights Authority who will be examining the complete lack of employment contracts, P45s etc. It's amazing how FC characters can switch from one employer to another instantly without a mention of P45s or emergency tax !!

Forget all that nonsense. Bunion Kelly still hasn't buried the wife!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,201 ✭✭✭jos28

walshb wrote: »
    Forget all that nonsense. Bunion Kelly still hasn't buried the wife!

:D:D:D

• Advertisement

Is Orla turning to the booze now to deal with married life to Wayne the pain :p

Looks like it, and out of the blue she'll become an alcoholic. Straight to Carrigstown General for a plaster on her forehead!

They're one of the oddest newly married couples ever. They got married in summer 2014 and have spent the last 12 months quarrelling and bickering about all sorts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,665 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Shane picks very unusual places to discuss the fact that he is Bobs son, first in the pub and then in Spar.

Hope Jane makes Orla's life a misery, speaking of Orla she goes in to the shop to buy 3 lemons, it makes 4 lemons she has when Wayne is included.

Hope Jane makes Orla's life a misery, .

Why would she do that? It's not as if Orla swaggered around like a queen bee mouthing and sticking her nose in to things making everything about her.

Paybacks a bitch Ms Aniston.

sligojoek wrote: »
    She'a volunteering in Lesbos.

I only got the joke now:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

I don't. Two horrible characters with no redeeming qualities.

True for Orla buy Wayne is great. His buffooness makes him my favourite characer to watch alongside Doug with Hughie on the verge of eclipsing both. Sadly we font see enough of Ray anymore, Bob is a shadow of the days of his malevolance and Detective Deegan is far too meager ly used.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Hughie needs a bar manager, so he obviously go to a chips hop owner for HR advice.
    ""Jane is not a nice person " says Bob," but she certainly knows the pub trade"
    How the fcuk would Bob know? On what is he basing his assertion about Jane's business knowledge? Is it the way she eats her chips and mushy peas?
    Two weeks ago Jane was complaining that her work hours were constantly being cut. Now she's suddenly a pub manager. Was anyone else interviewed for the job?
    Wouldn't Orla and Dick-Head be entitled to apply? Or even 'He - who - must - not - be - named"? Surely nobody is better qualified than a guy who has worked there for years. A man who, over the years, has never uttered one word of complaint. Has never uttered one word, in fact.

Steve-O , Steve-O, Steve-O.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Shane picks very unusual places to discuss the fact that he is Bobs son, first in the pub and then in Spar.

Hope Jane makes Orla's life a misery, speaking of Orla she goes in to the shop to buy 3 lemons, it makes 4 lemons she has when Wayne is included.

The Spar is the place to discuss all your very personal gossip (best place is between the calvita cheese and the TK lemonade)

And also in true Soap fashion one must also discuss very secret information about the person whom they don't want to hear about two foot away and just in earshot ( the fact Binjimin put his headphones in after Jo and Deirdre moved to the side of his bed for their pow wow wasn't fooling me!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,665 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Dave Duffy (Leo) on RTE 1 a few mins ago.

He has quite a posh accent in real life!

Sounds a bit like a southsider.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement