Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v5] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

I don't. Two horrible characters with no redeeming qualities.

Nothing against these 2 characters per se but they have changed around them so much. Why isn't Orla attempting to re-enter PR/team up with Niamh? And why isn't Wayne going back to selling shampoo or whatever other get rich quick sales schemes he had?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,608 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Someone give sourpuss a kick in the &&@n@.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

Worst drunk acting ever?

Mother of god. I think I preferred the screeching Orla from a few months back.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭wilddarts

Hughie, Orla, Wayne, Mumbles and Jane working in a pub with 4 customers. Thats what you call service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 835 ✭✭✭dogcat

If you're Orla and you know it get banged up
    If you're Orla and you know it get druuunk
    If you're Orla and you know it, you really got to show it
    If you're Orla and you know it, sing while drunk

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

Poor aul' Paul, now who's he going to take his anger and control issues out on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

What exactly is wrong with Ben?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Jane has worked for a few months in the pub trade. As far as I know she never worked in a pub before? Was she even working before carrigstown? Think she done a stint in Hungry Pig? Maybe Station? Anyone clarify this?

Anyway since she has worked in mçcoys she has looked disinterested, insulted customers, caused trouble and rows, and generally just turned up in her tight tshirt and just stood there. How did Bob give her such a reference??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭laylag

I am calling it now. Orla will keep drinking and have multiple rows with Wayne. Paul will lunge at niamh in a last ditch attempt to light her up like a Christmas tree. She will rebuff these advances leaving Paul scorned. An ego bruised Paul meets a tipsy orla....one thing leads to another leading to an almighty fall out with Wayne and Paul....bring it on! Poor ol junior's eardrums will be at bursting point again from all the rowing!

Worst drunk acting ever?

Actually spot on behaviour from what I have seen. Only worse as it would longer than 4 minutes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Jane has worked for a few months in the pub trade. As far as I know she never worked in a pub before? Was she even working before carrigstown? Think she done a stint in Hungry Pig? Maybe Station? Anyone clarify this?

Anyway since she has worked in mçcoys she has looked disinterested, insulted customers, caused trouble and rows, and generally just turned up in her tight tshirt and just stood there. How did Bob give her such a reference??
    The answer is in the question.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭squadro

There's more staff in that pub than customers. Hughie has some sixth sense. Walks in the door of pub. "What's going on? "Ah it's just Jennifer Anniston panned out on the floor lad. Twill be grand.

squadro wrote: »
    There's more staff in that pub than customers. Hughie has some sixth sense. Walks in the door of pub. "What's going on? "Ah it's just Jennifer Anniston panned out on the floor lad. Twill be grand.

McCoys also strikes me as being a dull boring bland pub with not a hell of a lot going on. Come to think of it the place changed owners loads of times which is not a good sign. Kay & Malachy traditionally had it and then it went to Christy, Bob, Louis, Carol, Yvonne, Wayne and Orla. Am I forgetting anyone??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,349 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

McCoys also strikes me as being a dull boring bland pub with not a hell of a lot going on. Come to think of it the place changed owners loads of times which is not a good sign. Kay & Malachy traditionally had it and then it went to Christy, Bob, Louis, Carol, Yvonne, Wayne and Orla. Am I forgetting anyone??

Renee

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Renee

Forgot to mention her and Hughie! Future owner? Jane? Or Michael? Or Paul, Niamh and Rachel?

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

It seems that the pub is never for sale to people who don't live in Carrigstown, in fact in the same street. Discrimination at it's worst!:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Paul Brennan says he's no push over yet his own 18 year old biatch of a daughter is constantly pushing him around and he's taking it from her.

I dont get it, he ran his businesses fine without her all these years now all of a sudden he cant manage with out her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

fin12 wrote: »
    Paul Brennan says he's no push over yet his own 18 year old biatch of a daughter is constantly pushing him around and he's taking it from her.

I dont get it, he ran his businesses fine without her all these years now all of a sudden he cant manage with out her.

He just doesn't want her to grow up. .. :( ... I seen Pierce in the Center ad and Amanda in the literacy ad on Rte.

• Advertisement

He just doesn't want her to grow up. .. :( ... I seen Pierce in the Center ad and Amanda in the literacy ad on Rte.

well if he doesn't want her to grow up, why has he given her a job firstly and secondly letting her move into some building that he's going to be paying the rent on because lets face it who the f**k would give her a job with her attitude.

He has completely enabled her bulls**t. She reminds me of some of these people who go on about being so independent because they're not living at home yet have mommy and daddy paying their rent and bills.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭VickieVexed1

Forgot to mention her and Hughie! Future owner? Jane? Or Michael? Or Paul, Niamh and Rachel?

In a few years....Binjimin, 'cause you know they're going to find a cure for the annoying little brat.

well if he doesn't want her to grow up, why has he given her a job firstly and secondly letting her move into some building that he's going to be paying the rent on because lets face it who the f**k would give her a job with her attitude.

He has completely enabled her bulls**t. She reminds me of some of these people who go on about being so independent because they're not living at home yet have mommy and daddy paying their rent and bills.

He gave her the job so he can keep an eye on her.... . You sound angry, Fin, no popcorn? ;)

.... F

In a few years....Binjimin, 'cause you know they're going to find a cure for the annoying little brat.
    A cure will be too late for Ben, he's going to die.

He gave her the job so he can keep an eye on her.... . You sound angry, Fin, no popcorn? ;)

ya sorry Collyflower,:):) I just cant stand that biatch Rachel.

ya i havent got my popcorn yet but I have the manhattan one cheese popcorn though :):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,126 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

She had no experience of bar work before she started at McCoys. She didn't know how to pull a pint on her first day. It's been something of a meteoric rise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,126 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Rachel's definition of being an adult and grown up is to be far more rude and unpleasant than she used to be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭mattP

Am I the only one that thinks Rachel is right?:D :P
    Maybe she is being a bit of a bitch, but isn't she entitled to with Paul always looming over her?:P

• Advertisement

mattP wrote: »
    Am I the only one that thinks Rachel is right?:D :P
    Maybe she is being a bit of a bitch, but isn't she entitled to with Paul always looming over her?:P

Right or wrong, she's still a sourpuss ***t. And Don Brennan's pussy cat attitude around her is a joke.

Laying down the the law to her bed ridden hospitalized father on a complete stranger (with a criminal history) being moved into her father's house? Right? My arse. That's just one example.

And Niamh not once pulling her up, or supporting Paul, and just blurting out "she's amazing" is so ridiculous.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement