Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v5] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,608 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Wait until Mad Tommy hears Jennifer Anniston and Wayne The Pain are jobless and homeless. Then also that Jennifer has turned to the drink and will probably need treatment I wonder will he look for custody of "The Youngfella".

And knowing how efficient solicitors and courts are in FC he'll have an emergency order from a court to have custody of Junior by the time the ad break comes on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

walshb wrote: »
    And knowing how efficient solicitors and courts are in FC he'll have an emergency order from a court to have custody of Junior by the time the ad break comes on.

And by the time ad break is over he will have completely changed his mind about even wanting Junior...... that's how FC works

And by the time ad break is over he will have completely changed his mind about even wanting Junior...... that's how FC works

Or, if Orla starts that whaling and screeching wanting her child back he'll bounce Junior's ass right back!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

Would The Dolphin Pod stuff be happening in the building Paul bought from Hughie?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,126 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Would The Dolphin Pod stuff be happening in the building Paul bought from Hughie?

Could be. Paul said was "straight across the way" from McCoys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,349 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

fin12 wrote: »
    I really feel for Wayne and Orla. Hughie didnt have to do that, he could have kept them on as Managers as if he couldn't see that making Jane the manager would cause tension like what experience does she have as a manager. I think what he did was quite nasty.

Hughie made Jane manager to get into her panties :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Hughie made Jane manager to get into her panties :p

He could have got there without making her manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Yep, that's the one. Used to be the newspaper office that went on fire about 5 or 6 years ago and killed Annette and Bill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Yep, that's the one. Used to be the newspaper office that went on fire about 5 or 6 years ago and killed Annette and Bill.

Was it not Barry's house?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Was it not Barry's house?

No, Eoghan and Debbie live in Barry's house now. The two building are right next to each other though and look similar because of the window in the front room.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Did they forget to show an episode ?

5 minutes explaining the hostel and another 25 minutes of basketball.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Beechfiled

Jo has been sacked apparently

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Beechfiled wrote: »
    Jo has been sacked apparently

Actually I just had a great Idea, seeing as wayne and Orla need new jobs and Jo is off to America, she could give Jobs to wayne and Orla to run the laudrette while she is away. :)::)

dee_mc wrote: »

woah, Feel sad for her because reading it she said she didn't want to go. I didn't really mind Jo.

aww that's sad " she said she would have never left". It seems a bit harsh to do that to her when she's been there for 16 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

I'm gutted! I really like dermot & jo! I think she's a great actress.... If she's just off to Florida for a cure for Ben for a few years how can she been permanently axed? Also what will happen to Zoe even if she does head off for a few years?

Interesting to see how they write her out. How does Dermish fit in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Crazy Christ

On the one hand she says the role was boring and she could play it in her sleep. Then she says that she would never have left the role. Shouldn't she have ambitions to challenge herself as an actress? Maybe there are roles in Hollywood for her. She could land a role besides Richard Gere and give out to him and say 'lookit' for two hours straight while he looks browbeaten.

On the one hand she says the role was boring and she could play it in her sleep. Then she says that she would never have left the role. Shouldn't she have ambitions to challenge herself as an actress? Maybe there are roles in Hollywood for her. She could land a role besides Richard Gere and give out to him and say 'lookit' for two hours straight while he looks browbeaten.

ha, i had written this almost word for wordd, but damn boards on my phone didnt load and my post got deleted!

Just trying to save face a bit. Personally my niece encountered the actress in an acting studio for kids and both her and my sister said she wasn't the most pleasant of people, very snotty.

But on a professional level her character had a lot more to give if they had decent writers. Fair city is just stagnant and the actors generally assume (and they are mainly right) that they have a job for life. Like most RTE jobs, it's harder to get out of the job than in to it. Other characters like Mondo, that blonde yoke the "model"..) that walks around and makes snide remarks to everyone, Jennifer Anysnot, Dan, Bella, Chas and nina deserve the cut over Jo.

• Advertisement

Just trying to save face a bit. Personally my niece encountered the actress in an acting studio for kids and both her and my sister said she wasn't the most pleasant of people, very snotty.

But on a professional level her character had a lot more to give if they had decent writers. Fair city is just stagnant and the actors generally assume (and they are mainly right) that they have a job for life. Like most RTE jobs, it's harder to get out of the job than in to it. Other characters like Mondo, that blonde yoke the "model"..) that walks around and makes snide remarks to everyone, Jennifer Anysnot, Dan, Bella, Chas and nina deserve the cut over Jo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,126 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

fin12 wrote: »
    woah, Feel sad for her because reading it she said she didn't want to go. I didn't really mind Jo.

aww that's sad " she said she would have never left". It seems a bit harsh to do that to her when she's been there for 16 years.

There are some far more obvious candidates for the boot than Jo : Bela for example.

Jo been axed is just plain wrong she is really great in the show

I can't help like & dislike her character she like Mrs Bucket, how many years was she in the soap, you dont axe long running characters except for Emmerdale lol don't piss off Emmerdale producers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

:(
    They get rid of Jo and keep Charlie with his rubbishy story lines and cray cray posh accent

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

i find her voice,tone and generally the way she badgers Dermish painful to listen to so as a character i'm very happy to see her gone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭drugstore cowboy

I'd rather Jennifer Aniston got axed tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,665 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

amdublin wrote: »
    :(
    They get rid of Jo and keep Charlie with his rubbishy story lines and cray cray posh accent

Charlie has been there since day one, no way will they get rid of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Charlie has been there since day one, no way will they get rid of him.

Paul too right? Who else?

Paul too right? Who else?

I wouldn't like to see Paul go, he's pretty funny because he's always getting into fights and arguments. Paul's been there since day one as well. :):)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭John Joe Jones

I wonder will Barry O Hanlon get temporary release this Christmas ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement