Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v5] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

so Rachel Sarah Murphy could Jo in her sleep? most of the time she looked as though she was !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Tommy the Ram Dillons Conquests...

Dr Indiscrete Dillon
    Sure Look It
    Heidi Jane of McCoys tshirt fame.
    "Jennifer Aniston"

Who is next..... The Ram is back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Tommy the Ram Dillons Conquests...

Dr Indiscrete Dillon
    Sure Look It
    Heidi Jane of McCoys tshirt fame.
    "Jennifer Aniston"

Who is next..... The Ram is back.

I think it should be Niamh or even Nina, that would be pretty funny. Or he could have an affair with Eoin's wife.

Jake wood might be going into Im a celebrity this year.

fin12 wrote: »
    Jake wood might be going into Im a celebrity this year.

Cough wrong thread cough....

I'd say he'd be excellent in it though incidentally. Seems like a likeable bloke.

If a character from Fair City went in who would be good...

Maybe Ray or Leo...!

• Advertisement

Cough wrong thread cough....

I'd say he'd be excellent in it though incidentally. Seems like a likeable bloke.

If a character from Fair City went in who would be good...

Maybe Ray or Leo...!

oh ya sorry thought this was Eastenders thread.

Ya Leo would be brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Absolutely delighted that Jo got the axe, not only was she a very irritating character but its ironic that she runs an acting school given the fact that shes a poor actress herself. I think to call yourself an "actor" you need to have more than one role, set in a fictional small Irish town, to your name. Acting a broad range of roles makes one excel at acting. I dont consider soap start proper actors.

Absolutely delighted that Jo got the axe, not only was she a very irritating character but its ironic that she runs an acting school given the fact that shes a poor actress herself. I think to call yourself an "actor" you need to have more than one role, set in a fictional small Irish town, to your name. Acting a broad range of roles makes one excel at acting. I dont consider soap start proper actors.

To be fair as far as I know she does a lot of theatre work. I often consider theatre actors and actresses more refined in their skills than tv or movie actors. I can't answer personally for RSM and tbh as I said earlier she left a bad impression on me due to an incident with my niece. However she isnt a terrible actor and she runs a successful company so maybe she was content with her life like that, giving her the opportunity to stay in Ireland whilst acting. Nothing wrong with keeping your ambitions in tact.
    The writing and character development is just so incredulous, stagnant and awful in FC that it's hard to tailor any talent you may have. But they all seem to have high opinions of thselves! But that is how they survive.

As I said it's silly getting rid of her. Has left the character of Dermot in limbo. Could be a cost cutting thing though.

You are not the first person I have heard that said she left a bad impression on. IN fact i was personally present at a theatre event and i saw her behave appallingly towards the catering staff, clicking her fingers and demanding more drinks in a really rude, condescending manner. Just because thee people play "nice " characters, doesnt mean that they cant be absolutely horrible people in real life I guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭maurv1

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Hughie made Jane manager to get into her panties :p

Hmmm...doubt they would fit him though :)

I don't care about Jo going. Maybe Durmish will find himself a woman who might not treat him like a bold little boy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,207 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

You are not the first person I have heard that said she left a bad impression on. IN fact i was personally present at a theatre event and i saw her behave appallingly towards the catering staff, clicking her fingers and demanding more drinks in a really rude, condescending manner. Just because thee people play "nice " characters, doesnt mean that they cant be absolutely horrible people in real life I guess.

I don't know her, but I did work with an actress/actor that trained at her academy, but I think Terry McMahon influenced the girl I worked with more. At the time he did courses there.

Glad to see her go from the show, but at the same time sad, because it was really great taking the piss out of the character, who was awful and not helped by the actor.

I don't understand people here being glad Jo is going .

She is one of the better actors. She cries actual tears and is believable . The script writs are appalling in FC and I'm not surprised actors are bored with their roles. Ama, Niamh Mondo Louise Rachel are all far worse actors. Why not chop Dermish? and definitely the kids! Give Jo a hunky lover....she's s too good looking woman for a man like him! Dermish has only one expression ..... That squinty eye/questioning look!

Very disappointed .

(And by the way "going to Hollywood" should not be your only option in this country is you're an actor! Fair play for her staying here and trying to work in the business and train youngsters. Don't knock her for that!)

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Sparkly Blonde

If you think she is bad you should meet the Red head that plays Niamh.

Morning all Fairly Sh***y fans.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't understand people here being glad Jo is going .

She is one of the better actors. She cries actual tears and is believable . The script writs are appalling in FC and I'm not surprised actors are bored with their roles. Ama, Niamh Mondo Louise Rachel are all far worse actors. Why not chop Dermish? and definitely the kids! Give Jo a hunky lover....she's s too good looking woman for a man like him! Dermish has only one expression ..... That squinty eye/questioning look!

Very disappointed .

(And by the way "going to Hollywood" should not be your only option in this country is you're an actor! Fair play for her staying here and trying to work in the business and train youngsters. Don't knock her for that!)

From a male perspective, Jo isnt this stunner that could bag a hunky man you put her up to be!

But in her defence agsinst all the naysayers, she won an actual hollywood scholarship. She is a good actress but she got too comfortable thinking she had thus handy number for life and for that I'm glad she got cut. But that's a general thing against all the actors on FC who have similar assumptions. The stagnancy is rotten!

But her character had more in her.

If you think she is bad you should meet the Red head that plays Niamh.

I saw her and the actor that plays Michael last December in A park. They were turning on lights on a Christmas tree. ..... They were arrested soon after for publIc order offences.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

We won't hear her say "benjamin" anymore :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭VickieVexed1

I think it's a shame Jo's been axed. Yes, I know she could be annoying with that high pitched voice screaming at Dermish, but she's certainly not the worst character or actor in the show.

Personally I would love to see the back of Dan, Louise, Ama, Stripey and Gripey (moreso, Gripey) and a few others.

Does Jo's exit mean Binjimin will also be leaving? Please say it is so...and throw in Zoey for good measure.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Ah sure lookit, Jo wasn't the worse of them...
    But isn't it odd that Bob returned after five weeks and never noticed she had left the Pig. She had been 'manageress' there for years. No P45, no leaving party, no golden handshake.
    I realise that managing a chip shop is slightly different to being CEO of Hilton Hotels Group, but even so, she should have been offered few quid for running the place for years. It would be handy now for her American jaunt.
    Incidentally, I'm planning to run a fundraiser , to send Binjimin and his two mothers for this guinea-pig surgery in the States. You simply donate the money to me, personally,
    and I send it by courier to Carringstown. But where will I find a reliable courier service? Is Chariot Couriers dependable?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

If they were writing Jo out permanently, why wouldn't they have had her driving the car a coue of weeks ago and have her be killed which would be a much more dramatic exit/event.

Methinks she'll be back sometime!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,201 ✭✭✭jos28

The decision to get rid of Jo seems to have come out of the blue. Perhaps she upset someone on the production team ??
    I'd imagine if it's a quick exit it will be a final one.

Who is going to run the laundrette now :eek::eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

jos28 wrote: »
    The decision to get rid of Jo seems to have come out of the blue. Perhaps she upset someone on the production team ??

I think it runs itself. She's never there anyway.

I wouldnt at all be surprised if her ego upset the people she works with, i have seen it before at an event where she was practically roaring at catering staff demanding more drinks, no manners at all. And shes completely deluded, too- she gave an interview yesterday on The Mail and she said "My fans deserve more than this". Fans??? Who do you think you are, love, Meryl Sreep? You play a boring character, part time, in a soap which has the production budget of a primary school play. It always amazes me how full of themselves these bit-part actors get.

Rachel Sarah Murphy, who plays Jo, has been axed after 16 years in the show. She makes her exit next week.

wow 16 years,

jos28 wrote: »

Wayne and Orla. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,665 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Tommys character is being given very little to do since his return which is a bit disappointing.

All we see is dopey Wayne and that drama queen he's married to, Bobblehead Doug, constantly surprised Rachel, Niamh and Paul who seem to spent more time together since they split than before and a few other misfits to fill in the half hour.

I'm not sorry to see Jo gone, she added nothing to it IMO.

I wouldnt at all be surprised if her ego upset the people she works with, i have seen it before at an event where she was practically roaring at catering staff demanding more drinks, no manners at all. And shes completely deluded, too- she gave an interview yesterday on The Mail and she said "My fans deserve more than this". Fans??? Who do you think you are, love, Meryl Sreep? You play a boring character, part time, in a soap which has the production budget of a primary school play. It always amazes me how full of themselves these bit-part actors get.

To be fair You have deliberately misquoted her. She was clearly referring to "fans of the show" or fans of the character and that they deserve to know why Jo is suddenly gone after 16 years. It was clearly an artile to throw some spite back at RTE for firing her and sure we all love a bit of bitchiness !

RSM is one of the better actors on FC, I think most would agree. Herself, BRyan Murray, Eamon Morrissey, and that hospital bed are some of the better performers in a decidedly average cast.

^ Not really. Read the interview in the Mail yesterday. She even said that she could have played Jo in her sleep and yet in the same interview she admit she would never have left Fair City- great ambition there, Rachel. An actor usually has more than one role to speak of. I dont think she was a good actress at all, she never did anything besides nag Der-mid in that oh so annoying voice of hers and spoil that child of hers. Fair City is fairly well stocked with talent-poor, ego-rich people. Shame as Red Rock proves that Irish Drama can be outstanding.

Fair City is fairly well stocked with talent-poor, ego-rich people.

YES, YES PREACH!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

^ Not really. Read the interview in the Mail yesterday. She even said that she could have played Jo in her sleep and yet in the same interview she admit she would never have left Fair City- great ambition there, Rachel. An actor usually has more than one role to speak of. I dont think she was a good actress at all, she never did I anything besides nag Der-mid in that oh so annoying voice of hers and spoil that child of hers. Fair City is fairly well stocked with talent-poor, ego-rich people. Shame as Red Rock proves that Irish Drama can be outstanding.
    But in fairness to SRM, and the rest of the cast for that matter, they're confined to playing from a very poor script. I'ts my belief that RTE should be looking at the work of the ''script writers.''
    We know that the acting in FC is fairly dire, but even the cast must be totally confused at the "going nowhere" stories.
    I mean, what's become of the Cass/Charlotte organic veg story? The Mumbles/Hair-bun romance story?
    The new salon beautician story? Neil's bi-polar story?
    Or even, God help us, Junior's terminal ear infection?
    (insert your own questions here)
    The entire soap is such a fcuk- up that scapegoating a few actors is not going to help matters at this stage. Yes, the acting is mostly piss-poor, but the writing is diabolical.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement