Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v5] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

walshb wrote: »
    Where did the Laura fancying/having feelings Nina come from? Is Nina gay or straight? Laura has known her all of 5 seconds....
    Callum and Charlotte started '' having feelings'' for each other, and planned to elope and live happy ever after, in the space of half an episode.
    Nina and Laura have known each other now for 5 episodes.
    The usual FC way of doing things is that they would have had several rolls in the hay by now, and Laura would be putting up posters on the charity shop door, advocating a 'Yes' vote in the upcoming Same-Sex-Marriage referendum.
    Of course, RTE would have have to provide 'balance', and that means bringing Gripey Eoghan back into the mix......
    I have to stop giving RTE ideas for future scripts, I'm not getting paid for this :eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,544 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Damien is starting to remind me of Onslow from Keeping Up Appearances seeing him spread across the couch, all he was missing was a few cans of Dutch Gold.

Is Damien still doing the homeless man campaign I saw him on a billboard & looking no different on TV :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭turffooter

walshb wrote: »
    Where did the Laura fancying/having feelings Nina come from? Is Nina gay or straight? Laura has known her all of 5 seconds....

She read the script. Laura knows by now that any new character that she communicates with her one to one is inevitably gay. Lack of subtlety is one of those things Fair City producers are excellent at.

is this episode going to be Callum sitting on the bench in the park saying goodbye to all the people he never communicated with in the past 2 years or so!

• Advertisement

I am beginning to think Bob has OCD with all the sweeping, counter and table wiping and window cleaning he does in/outside the Hungry Pig

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,296 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Surely callum should have realised that charlotte was not going to the bathroom And was gonna try and frame him by hiding the money in his room.

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭dogcat

How did Jo know where Callum's room was and find the money so quick. It was less than 10 seconds after she came up the stairs that she came down.

So will Lesbnina get with the woman child instead..........

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,296 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

"And i had too bale him out again!" Lol

• Advertisement

Rachel is becoming the new Louise!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,525 ✭✭✭✭walshb

So Rachel, the pain, waits till Paul pays off Jo and then she tells her dad that it was Charlotte who stole the money? And then she tells her dad to go get the money back....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭squadro

Surpassed itself tonight in the ****e stakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,244 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Damien is starting to remind me of Onslow from Keeping Up Appearances seeing him spread across the couch, all he was missing was a few cans of Dutch Gold.

Wayne is Richard and Orla is Mrs. Bucket :p

How did Charlotte have Jo's number

• Registered Users Posts: 6,061 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

I don't understand Orlas attitude towards '******' (can't spell her name) she done Oral a favor by pointing out that there is something wrong with the baby's hearing, instead of being greatful she treats her like it is her who caused it, classic case of "shooting the messenger".

I don't understand Orlas attitude towards '******' (can't spell her name) she done Oral a favor by pointing out that there is something wrong with the baby's hearing, instead of being greatful she treats her like it is her who caused it, classic case of "shooting the messenger".

She is a mother so the world must bow down to her

• Registered Users Posts: 86,244 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Could be more to do with Caoimhe being Junior's half sister

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭sh1tstirrer

dogcat wrote: »
    How did Jo know where Callum's room was and find the money so quick. It was less than 10 seconds after she came up the stairs.
    Only in fair city can you walk into a neighbours house and demand a bedroom search. Hey presto not only do you identify the accused bedroom you know exactly where to look for the stolen money. I suppose if the money were stuffed down his underpants Jo would dive right in to search for it,

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Wayne is Richard and Orla is Mrs. Bucket :p

Jane is Rose, without the charm :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭squadro

Kas is hyacinths father.

We should have had a "Who Killed Christy" LIVE episode, in the end revealing he died from natural causes, even though Sean thinks Max did it! All the scenes will have a #FCLIVE in the top right corner, barely actually being there!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

How did Charlotte have Jo's number

When Jo answered she said "Hello, The Hungry Pig?". She was on their cordless phone even though she was outside the door - always on duty!

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Could be more to do with Caoimhe being Junior's half sister

I forgot about that.

I forgot about that.

so have the fair city producers.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

What's the betting that they'll spin this so young Junior is going to need a blood transfusion from his father?

seriously though.............................. what was the point of carrie crowley!! i know she has friends in RTE but it was such a waste bringing her in!

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

'' Hello, is that the Garda station? This is Jo Fahy. Can I speak to Garda John Deegan please?''

''Sorry, no, Mrs Fahey, Superintendent Deegan only reports for work twice a year, usually Bank Holiday weekends.''

''Oh, ok-aaay. Anyway, I want to report that first some money was stolen, but then I found it again‘.’

‘’All right. And where did you find this stolen money? In a waste bin? On a bus? In the street?’’

‘’No, sure don’t be silly. I found it under my neighbours mattress’’

‘’Ah, of course. And did you have good grounds for searching under this individual’s mattress?’’

‘’Sure of course I had good grounds, I was acting on foot of an anonymous phone call to a chip shop’’

‘’Well, obviously that’s a perfectly good reason to go into your neighbour’s bedroom and search his personal belongings. You did the right thing, well done’’

‘’Thank you. So, do you want me to come in and make a statement?’’

‘’Not at all. No need for such formalities. You’ve given us enough evidence over the phone to put him away for years.’’

‘’Sure that’s grand.’’

''Unfortunately, all of the Dublin Garda Division are in Tallaght right now, arresting a 15-year-old Water Protester. But when (and if) they get back safely I’ll ensure that the Garda Rapid Response Unit , with armed backup, arrest this criminal immediately’’

‘’Sure, you’re very good, thank you’’

‘’ Always glad to be of service. You have a nice day now. By-eeee’’

coolhull wrote: »
    '' Hello, is that the Garda station? This is Jo Fahy. Can I speak to Garda John Deegan please?''

''Sorry, no, Mrs Fahey, Superintendent Deegan only reports for work twice a year, usually Bank Holiday weekends.''

''Oh, ok-aaay. Anyway, I want to report that first some money was stolen, but then I found it again‘.’

‘’All right. And where did you find this stolen money? In a waste bin? On a bus? In the street?’’

‘’Ah, of course. And did you have good grounds for searching under this individual’s mattress?’’

‘’Sure of course I had good grounds, I was acting on foot of an anonymous phone call to a chip shop’’

‘’Well, obviously that’s a perfectly good reason to go into your neighbour’s bedroom and search his personal belongings. You did the right thing, well done’’

‘’Not at all. No need for such formalities. You’ve given us enough evidence over the phone to put him away for years.’’

‘’Sure that’s grand.’’

''Unfortunately, all of the Dublin Garda Division are in Tallaght right now, arresting a 15-year-old Water Protester. But when (and if) they get back safely I’ll ensure that the Garda Rapid Response Unit , with armed backup, arrest this criminal immediately’’

That's hilarious! me eyes are streaming with tears of laughter, thank you for that.... Sum up FC!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

coolhull wrote: »

‘’Sure that’s grand.’’

Brilliant!! I read the whole thing with Jo's shrieking voice in my head.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement