Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v5] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Nina smells a story. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 835 ✭✭✭dogcat

How is Florida 9 hours away from Dublin???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,608 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Did Wayne and Orla not stay for dessert?

Loved Sash's acid pronounciation.... A-cih!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭VickieVexed1

Oh for God's sake. Mondo and Charlotte having a business meeting outside the pub. The madness of Fair City gives me more laughs than anything else on tv.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

^ Not really. Read the interview in the Mail yesterday. She even said that she could have played Jo in her sleep and yet in the same interview she admit she would never have left Fair City- great ambition there, Rachel. An actor usually has more than one role to speak of. I dont think she was a good actress at all, she never did anything besides nag Der-mid in that oh so annoying voice of hers and spoil that child of hers. Fair City is fairly well stocked with talent-poor, ego-rich people. Shame as Red Rock proves that Irish Drama can be outstanding.

Chill out!! This thread is for comic relief. We all know Fair City is a satirical piss take anyway.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

dogcat wrote: »

Dublin-Orlando 9h 20m on Aer Lingus!

dogcat wrote: »

DERMISH is a former politician. By hell or by crook if a political figure wants to get to a foreign destination in his own time he will be helped along the way (see Dara Murphy.....)

Dublin-Orlando 9h 20m on Aer Lingus!
    They were talking about the time difference though I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭squadro

Nina smells a story. :rolleyes:

I'd say she could smell the dodgy looking yellow stains on the pub wall. Set builders going the extra mile for authenticity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭squadro

Nice of mondos mates to drop him back home after givin him a kickin.

squadro wrote: »
    Nice of mondos mates to drop him back home after givin him a kickin.

Brilliant!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I think Jo is a good actress and there are definitely a lot worse actors on the show that should be axed before her.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Nina : ''I got the registration number if you want to ring the Guards''.

So did I, Nina love. It's
    04 D 51773
    The cameraman made no effort to hide it

I wouldnt at all be surprised if her ego upset the people she works with, i have seen it before at an event where she was practically roaring at catering staff demanding more drinks, no manners at all. And shes completely deluded, too- she gave an interview yesterday on The Mail and she said "My fans deserve more than this". Fans??? Who do you think you are, love, Meryl Sreep? You play a boring character, part time, in a soap which has the production budget of a primary school play. It always amazes me how full of themselves these bit-part actors get.

Your criticism of Rachel Sara Murphy is very personal and OTT.

You are critizing the person rather than the actor!

I actually WAS a fan! A fan of hers and a fan of Jo's .... and that is what she was referring to (or at least inferred in her interview)

If she "plays" a boring character (and almost ALL the actors are "part time" on FC) .... In a soap which has a low budget is that her fault?? She doesn't write the scripts and doesn't decide the budget. A lot of characters could play much more challenging roles if the stories didn't skip all over the place,and end up nowhere .

It's th scriptwriters who should be axed.

Lay off calling her a " bit part actor" ... she decided for her own reasons to stay working in Ireland and there's not a huge amount of choice here. I'd say she's genuinely upset at being axed. You would be the same if you worked with FC for 16 years and got dumped. Not nice, we all have a bit of ego, anyone would be upset !

And I still think she's a great looking woman .. so there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,039 ✭✭✭Hitchens

I actually WAS a fan! A fan of hers and a fan of Jo's .... and that is what she was referring to (or at least inferred in her interview)

If she "plays" a boring character (and almost ALL the actors are "part time" on FC) .... In a soap which has a low budget is that her fault?? She doesn't write the scripts and doesn't decide the budget. A lot of characters could play much more challenging roles if the stories didn't skip all over the place,and end up nowhere .

Lay off calling her a " bit part actor" ... she decided for her own reasons to stay working in Ireland and there's not a huge amount of choice here. I'd say she's genuinely upset at being axed. You would be the same if you worked with FC for 16 years and got dumped. Not nice, we all have a bit of ego, anyone would be upset !

Yeah the storylines and scripts are cack

When is she being writen out? Goes to America and doesn't come back, or is she being killed off?

walshb wrote: »
    When is she being writen out? Goes to America and doesn't come back, or is she being killed off?

Goes to America and never referred to again. If you think Cork is so far away that Paul Brennan sees his son once every decade, imagine how far away Florida is for Dermish.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Suzanne went to Australia for 2-3 weeks... 2 years ago?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Goes to America and never referred to again. If you think Cork is so far away that Paul Brennan sees his son once every decade, imagine how far away Florida is for Dermish.....

Oh she'll be referred to again
    There'll be a letter in the post for Dermish around about next February telling him how she's met someone else, go on with your life, be strong, you'll meet someone else one day too...but by then, he'll already be falling for Niamh, Jane, Carol, Orla or some new bit of skirt in the street - then he'll let rip on her!

Then

http://twitter.com/MissPiggy/status/628621787979489280/photo/1

• Advertisement

Bring back the Lucy character

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

They could bring back the fugly teacher - didn't Dermish already have the hots for her? or was that Wayne or was that.....sure lookit I give up

They could bring back the fugly teacher - didn't Dermish already have the hots for her? or was that Wayne or was that.....sure lookit I give up
    I think they both did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭John Joe Jones

and didn't dr Judy go to africa for 3 months well over a year ago ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,126 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Is Benjamin being written out of the show too?

Hypocrite
    Ama sleeps with Shane while touting that she is waiting for marriage to have sex
    :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Hypocrite
    Ama sleeps with Shane while touting that she is waiting for marriage to have sex

Well, he is a doctor.... ;)

Hypocrite
    "if you can't be with the one you love" ................:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

Hitchens wrote: »
    Bring back the Lucy character

She was an interesting character. They could have done more with her. A lot more interesting than Orla whose character has been changed way too often to make her believable.

They should bring back Lucy and involve her some way with Wayne, Dolores and Pete again. She came across as a real person, a vulnerable, unstable person but who was basically a good person.

Orla on the other hand comes across as fake because her character has been rebooted 3 times: first, there was the coke snorting partying PR professional; then, there was the vulnerable, depressed unemployed homeless Orla; Finally we got baby doting, publican Orla. So, which is real? They are like 3 totally different characters.

Other characters are more consistent: Paul is Paul, Niamh is Niamh, Wayne is Wayne, Jo is Jo and Dermot is Dermot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

Hi Rachel - sorry to hear about your bad luck.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement