Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v5] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,039 ✭✭✭Hitchens

laylag wrote: »
    How many times can Rachel say ' bookins' in one episode?
    Who are these mental cases handing over money to stay in Carrickstown....must be the laundrette, world's tiniest park and vino's finest tomatoes attracting all the visitors.
    don't forget the pub attached to the hospital :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

It's not Barry's house, it's the building Paul bought from Hughie.

I know it's not Barry's house but I think it's just a 2, maybe 3 bedroom house.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭wilddarts

huey1975 wrote: »
    Wayne is the Ian Beale of Fair City. A pitiful whining snivelling wanker.

Ha. And your username....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,201 ✭✭✭jos28

Hitchens wrote: »
    why does Deirdre speak in a whisper all the time?

Shure look it, how would I know :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Did Sash tell Charlotte she changed her name, she don't go as Bishop anymore

Ah, okay, at least that makes a bit more sense!
    I know it's not Barry's house but I think it's just a 2, maybe 3 bedroom house.

Is it not an office building? Used to be the newspaper offices?

• Advertisement

Not sure, must have a closer look next time they show it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Ah, okay, at least that makes a bit more sense!

I thought so too. Part of some complex type thingy like The Centre

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭VickieVexed1

I thought it was just me, but we're all wondering where the Dolphin Pod started, and what building they're using.

I think the FC writers actually believe they can dump any kind of cr*p on us and we will swallow the story. One minute Rachel fails her exams....the next she's business woman of the year.

PS: Love how all the Pod guests have faces like thunder!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Rachel Sarah Murphy, who plays Jo, has been axed after 16 years in the show. She makes her exit next week.

wow 16 years,

Best news ever to happen in FC, a right bitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,126 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

huey1975 wrote: »
    Wayne is the Ian Beale of Fair City. A pitiful whining snivelling wanker.

I see a lot of Alan Partridge in him too : a monstrous ego but incompetent and tactless as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,608 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I see the missing are slowly being integrated back into the show. Kerri-Anne and "me ma" slinking in. So looking forward to Kerri-Anne's story with the Nuss and the Nuss's love life......Who needs Jo when you have this.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Kerri - Anne : "Electricity doesn't lie"

Wow! What a deep and thought-provoking statement.

Will they just fooking audition Charlottte for The Apprentice. It's business this and business that. She must have at least 10 businesses up and running now.:rolleyes:

Soaps, please put something small in Suitcases & Coffins to make it somewhat realistic the same goes for when your drink coffee we all know the cups are empty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Crazy Christ

Soaps, please put something small in Suitcases & Coffins to make it somewhat realistic the same goes for when your drink coffee we all know the cups are empty

Bela's trapped inside one of those coffee cups

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Heard one of the script editors on Ray D'Arcy there. 26 people work on writing this stuff. It's kind of amazing that this is a lot of people's job that they take seriously and plan months in advance, and the comical mess that is FC still makes it to our screens.
    The beginnings of the Dolphin Pod story actually seem like somebody lost 10 pages of script but they just carried on.

Neil: Ha ha Paul, Huey got the house.
    Paul: We'll see about that.
    Rachel: We have bookins.

That is literally the script for that story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,782 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

What happened to Wayne's shampoo business?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,665 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Bela's trapped inside one of those coffee cups

Difficult to believe he was the Carraigstown stud back in the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

padd b1975 wrote: »
    It went gown the plughole.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

padd b1975 wrote: »

I think he had to pay of the ex wife with the shampoo business either had to sell it or give it to her to get rid of her. :):)

• Advertisement

The kids love adventure time lol

Orla, Wayne need to go seriously annoying

Give it 6 months the travelodges all over Ireland will be closed down replaced with Dolphin pods

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭maurv1

Even if Jo goes, we will always be reminded of her. That woman in the ad for Chill Insurance sounds so like henpecking' Jo.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭laylag

Performance of the episode is junior and his extremely convincing screeching....slightly worried about how they got a small child to get so stressed!

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Beechfiled

Orla missed and opertunity with Rachel there, wasn't she a big PR executive before she got together with Wayne. She could have Rachel's 2 bedrooms booked solid in no time.

Give it 6 months the travelodges all over Ireland will be closed down replaced with Dolphin pods

Yep, it looks like a big operation.. :rolleyes:

laylag wrote: »
    Performance of the episode is junior and his extremely convincing screeching....slightly worried about how they got a small child to get so stressed!

They made him watch an episode of Fair City :D

Guys, is it just me or is anyone else completely lost on two FC stories. Paul and Sourpuss's battle over a two bed house and its bookins,' and Mondo-Nina-Charlotte's battle with makeup and customs? I'm fooking lost.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

Beechfiled wrote: »
    Orla missed and opertunity with Rachel there, wasn't she a big PR executive before she got together with Wayne. She could have Rachel's 2 bedrooms booked solid in no time.

Orla then was a totally different character. The old Orla was anything but vulnerable and was the overconfident type. The new Orla is the direct opposite.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement