Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v5] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,349 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

How come Dolly, Pete or Orla haven't brought up Wayne cleaning his mam's savings out to him, the numpty :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭hearmehearye

So Orla's now a depressed alcoholic in the space of one episode! I'd like to see what Dolly would say to me about my drinking habits!

And was tonight the first mention of Rachel being in college? Lucky girl obviously doesn't have any practicals on a Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

walshb wrote: »
    Guys, is it just me or is anyone else completely lost on two FC stories. Paul and Sourpuss's battle over a two bed house and its bookins,' and Mondo-Nina-Charlotte's battle with makeup and customs? I'm fooking lost.

And I thought it was just me considering I have only seen one FC episode in the last two months, I thought Jo was gone so I thought it was safe to switch it on again this evening - only to hear see her still there. Can't stand the way she treats Dermot. Glad to see the back of the character.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Guys, is it just me or is anyone else completely lost on two FC stories. Paul and Sourpuss's battle over a two bed house and its bookins,' and Mondo-Nina-Charlotte's battle with makeup and customs? I'm fooking lost.

You're not alone.... But I 'kinda' understand what is going on with Nina and Co, kinda!

And I thought it was just me considering I have only seen one FC episode in the last two months, I thought Jo was gone so I thought it was safe to switch it on again this evening - only to hear see her still there. Can't stand the way she treats Dermot. Glad to see the back of the character.

Isn't FC filmed in a few months in advance? ... Jo may be there for awhile yet, I know she said she'd be leaving this week, so she (what ever her real name is) probably gone) but her cachacter is still there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,608 ✭✭✭✭walshb

You're not alone.... But I 'kinda' understand what is going on with Nina and Co, kinda!

No issue with 'kinda.' To me it seems so all over the place. Wtf is meant to be happening?

As to Pod, or whatever d fook it's called. Do the writers know it's a dingy two bed house? Why are they portraying it as Necker Island, where stags and professionals and families all want to be? The Four Seasons wouldn't put as much time and effort in.

No issue with 'kinda.' To me it seems so all over the place. Wtf is meant to be happening?

As to Pod, or whatever d fook it's called. Do the writers know it's a dingy two bed house? Why are they portraying it as Necker Island, where stags and professionals and families all want to be? The Four Seasons wouldn't put as much time and effort in.

Well, Nena got a 'tip off' from a 'source' , she found out that.....oh feck it, I'm just as confused as you now.. :).......... As for the 2 bedroom house, well, others will disagree but apparently it's not a two bedroom house, it's a 'big complex'.. Seriously, who's going to believe that? :rolleyes:

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    How come Dolly, Pete or Orla haven't brought up Wayne cleaning his mam's savings out to him, the numpty :mad:

(In Yogi Bear Voice)

Hey There Boo Boo Jp Liz is smarter than the average Fair City script writer :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

So Orla's now a depressed alcoholic in the space of one episode! I'd like to see what Dolly would say to me about my drinking habits!

And was tonight the first mention of Rachel being in college? Lucky girl obviously doesn't have any practicals on a Wednesday.

Orla's character as previously noted by me changes drastically. One thing she always was well able to do was floor bottles of wine however :)

There was mention of Rachel going to college quite a few times but she is spending way more time running this business. She is not much interested in college and is getting her notes from friends. Obviously she is dodging classes.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

EXCLUSIVE

Major Cosmetics Gang Operating in Carrigstown!

Report By Nina Whatsername (Journalist of the Year 2015)
    The residents of Carrigstown, a small, peaceful Dublin suburb, are this week sleeping rather uneasily in their beds, knowing that a new threat to their peaceful existence may intrude upon their dreamless slumbers.
    A gang of violent, psychopathic criminals known locally as the ‘’Moisturiser Mafia’’ appear to be trying to corner the massive illegal market in cosmetics. They tolerate no competition, and have been known to threaten anyone who attempts to interfere.
    Local journalist and award –winning crime writer Nina Whatshername, has reported that in a least one case, a Carrigstown entrepreneur was abducted and assaulted by the gang. The man, Raymond ‘Mondo’ O’Connell, was accused in a military-style ‘kangaroo’ court of selling mascara, eye-liner , and body lotion, in direct competition to the business interests of the gang.
    Mr O’Connell was so badly beaten- up that for two days, he needed a Band-Aid over his right eyebrow.
    The gang leader, a hardened criminal known only by his nickname, ‘‘Larry the Lipstick’’, has contacted our reporter Nina, and warned her that if any information regarding the ‘Moisturiser Mafia ‘ makes its way into the public domain, the gang will hold the our ace reporter personally responsible, and her complimentary supply of body-lotion and blusher may well dry up.
    Bravely, Nina has declared, ‘’My first and only obligation is to my readers and the freedom of the Press, and I shall never back down in the face of threats and intimidation from this violent gang of so-called ‘make-up artists’ ‘’
    ‘’And anyway I have completely changed my make-up regime, and now I only use Garnier Cosmetic Products’’
    Grinning teasingly, she exclaimed, ‘’Because I’m worth it!’’

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

Isn't FC filmed in a few months in advance? ... Jo may be there for awhile yet, I know she said she'd be leaving this week, so she (what ever her real name is) probably gone) but her cachacter is still there.

I think (this is just my interpretation of what I read) that the character is leaving this week and the actress was informed in May.

Orla's character as previously noted by me changes drastically. One thing she always was well able to do was floor bottles of wine however

Orla, did all that stuff in her youth, like we all do, then she settled down, married Wayne, had a baby and has responsibilitys, she's living in the real world now, can't blame her for being stressed!

coolhull wrote: »
    Moisturiser Mafia

I cannot breath :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭VickieVexed1

EXCLUSIVE

The residents of Carrigstown, a small, peaceful Dublin suburb, are this week sleeping rather uneasily in their beds, knowing that a new threat to their peaceful existence may intrude upon their dreamless slumbers.
    A gang of violent, psychopathic criminals known locally as the ‘’Moisturiser Mafia’’ appear to be trying to corner the massive illegal market in cosmetics. They tolerate no competition, and have been known to threaten anyone who attempts to interfere.
    Local journalist and award –winning crime writer Nina Whatshername, has reported that in a least one case, a Carrigstown entrepreneur was abducted and assaulted by the gang. The man, Raymond ‘Mondo’ O’Connell, was accused in a military-style ‘kangaroo’ court of selling mascara, eye-liner , and body lotion, in direct competition to the business interests of the gang.
    Mr O’Connell was so badly beaten- up that for two days, he needed a Band-Aid over his right eyebrow.
    The gang leader, a hardened criminal known only by his nickname, ‘‘Larry the Lipstick’’, has contacted our reporter Nina, and warned her that if any information regarding the ‘Moisturiser Mafia ‘ makes its way into the public domain, the gang will hold the our ace reporter personally responsible, and her complimentary supply of body-lotion and blusher may well dry up.
    Bravely, Nina has declared, ‘’My first and only obligation is to my readers and the freedom of the Press, and I shall never back down in the face of threats and intimidation from this violent gang of so-called ‘make-up artists’ ‘’
    ‘’And anyway I have completely changed my make-up regime, and now I only use Garnier Cosmetic Products’’

coolhull...I have no words, just choked on my €3.99 bottle of Aldi wine. You're a legend in our lifetime.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Well, Nena got a 'tip off' from a 'source' , she found out that.....oh feck it, I'm just as confused as you now.. :).......... As for the 2 bedroom house, well, others will disagree but apparently it's not a two bedroom house, it's a 'big complex'.. Seriously, who's going to believe that? :rolleyes:

The hostel clearly has the same squishy kitchenette as Niamh and Paul's old house...whether it's the exact same house or someone else's, it can't have two tiny rooms downstairs and anything more than 3 upstairs!

EXCLUSIVE

‘’‘’Because I’m worth it!’’

I cannot get this image of her saying this out of my head! You're good coolhull!

Couldn't agree more. I haven't a clue what's going on with Charlotte, Mondo , Nina. And I don't want to know ....it's pure ****e and such a meaningless story. Selling carrots, a web business when she was working in the community centre , this rip off goods ****e . I just don't care anymore !!!
    Who's writing this stuff?

And Orla seriously needs to get a grip ! Nobody died FFS!!
    Lots of people have been in that situation (in real life) ... her and Wayne are the two bloody biggest whingers on the planet !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,608 ✭✭✭✭walshb

EXCLUSIVE

No messing, this makes this whole ridiculous story a whole lot clearer. It's gone from sh1te, to complete sh1te! Maybe I need to watch FC alittle more intently. Bravo, friend!:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,126 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Couldn't agree more. I haven't a clue what's going on with Charlotte, Mondo , Nina. And I don't want to know ....it's pure ****e and such a meaningless story. Selling carrots, a web business when she was working in the community centre , this rip off goods ****e . I just don't care anymore !!!
    Who's writing this stuff?

And Orla seriously needs to get a grip ! Nobody died FFS!!
    Lots of people have been in that situation (in real life) ... her and Wayne are the two bloody biggest whingers on the planet !

I think they're trying to prepare us for Charlotte being a female gangland figure in the future or something (which is ridiculous, she'd be laughed out of it with her middle class Dublin accent).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,349 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

RTE should hire coolhull as a writer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,201 ✭✭✭jos28

I splurted out my coffee reading that last post. Coolhull is a legend !

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    RTE should hire coolhull as a writer

Couldn't agree more, but not for FC, let RTE keep the writers they have for that, I wouldn't be able to watch FC if the storylines started to make sense.

It's so silly that dermot hasn't even considered relocating to Florida with Ben and his two moms! Surely they'd all prefer to be together, and as an accountant he could find work and set up there. Rather than have to rely on the bunny boiler Deirdre...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,039 ✭✭✭Hitchens

It's so silly that dermot hasn't even considered relocating to Florida with Ben and his two moms! Surely they'd all prefer to be together, and as an accountant he could find work and set up there. Rather than have to rely on the bunny boiler Deirdre...

Salt Lake City? :p

So Rachel is going to college and running a business lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

How did Rachel get the business in the first place?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Is Orla a nervous wreck paranoid alcoholic now? Have I fallen asleep for a month??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 835 ✭✭✭dogcat

Orla sounds like a beaver

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

How did Rachel get the business in the first place?

Some things must remain a mystery to us mere humans. Only the FC gods know the answers to these insoluble questions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Is Orla a nervous wreck paranoid alcoholic now? Have I fallen asleep for a month??
    No, you're grand. It only took two or three days.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement