Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v5] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Crazy Christ

dave1982 wrote: »
    What's the story with nurse, thought she was religious and no jiggy till wedding night ? Damien gonna be pissed

She had a prescription, and the doctor filled it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

dave1982 wrote: »
    What's the story with nurse, thought she was religious and no jiggy till wedding night ? Damien gonna be pissed

They do not really know what to do with this character it seemed/seems. She first comes across as religious. Now I am sorta convinced she may be a bit of a snob. It was OK to do this with a doctor and not with her 2 former (tradesmen) boyfriends!!!

She had a prescription, and the doctor filled it

And what is this food called shimba or whatever she calls it? She mentioned that around 3 times. There is some real food of this name I think from the Congo?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,126 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

They do not really know what to do with this character it seemed/seems. She first comes across as religious. Now I am sorta convinced she may be a bit of a snob. It was OK to do this with a doctor and not with her 2 former (tradesmen) boyfriends!!!

Actually not a bad theory! Seems very strange that she did a dramatic u-turn on her no sex before marriage rule. She wasn't drunk and even took the initiative in the encounter with Shane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,608 ✭✭✭✭walshb

It was Damo that she had the rule for. You can't blame her, really!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

walshb wrote: »
    It was Damo that she had the rule for. You can't blame her, really!

She wouldn't sleep with Doug either, strung him along and then nothing?

For a long time she was some sort of Jesus Christ figure, dispensing advice and being a guardian angel to anyone in need of comfort. But the scriptwriters must have grown tired of that so now we can look forward to the vampish minx phase. In Fair City personalities only last in four week blocks.

fin12 wrote: »
    She wouldn't sleep with Doug either, strung him along and then nothing?

But Doug was never her BF. He was just a tag along buddy.

walshb wrote: »
    But Doug was never her BF. He was just a tag along buddy.

The status of Doug was unclear. There was a time he was very much near a BF and then they pulled back from that idea entirely.

The status of Doug was unclear. There was a time he was very much near a BF and then they pulled back from that idea entirely.

As far as I know, to her he was nothing but a friend. In his mind he thought he had a chance.

• Advertisement

For a long time she was some sort of Jesus Christ figure, dispensing advice and being a guardian angel to anyone in need of comfort. But the scriptwriters must have grown tired of that so now we can look forward to the vampish minx phase. In Fair City personalities only last in four week blocks.

You get thinking of the various personalities that changed in Fair City. Some convincingly, some not so!

The changes we saw in Decco and Wayne for instance are convincing. The changes in Charlotte? Debatable. The changes in Orla and potentially Ama are less convincing.

Characters like Paul, Ray, Niamh, Dermot, Joe and Charlie have been much more consistent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭John Joe Jones

Characters like Paul, Ray, Niamh, Dermot, Joe and Charlie have been much more consistent.

Charlie was very different back in 1989

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,039 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Chas has moved from a Moore Street accent to a Foxrock one! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,665 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

It will be Ama the Dominatrix next.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

We saw Ama jump on top of SuperDoc last night, then the credits rolled.
    So maybe they didn't do the 'bold thing' ..
    Maybe the doc was just testing to see how strong she is.
    Maybe he wanted to examine her for lumps and bumps.
    Or, quite possibly , Ama was going to check his hair for nits.
    There's nearly always an innocent explanation when two people start rolling around on a bed together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

It says in Digital spy that Alma stays the whole weekend in Shane's place
    . So they probably dont do it the once either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Bob gonna be a granddaddy

Bob's second son is drowning.. in pussy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

coolhull wrote: »
    There's nearly always an innocent explanation when two people start rolling around on a bed together.

Doubt it. There was far too much privacy for it to be considered a medical examination. Doctors in Fair City only treat, diagnose or refer patients whilst in public areas such as Spar, Park, street or pub.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Doubt it. There was far too much privacy for it to be considered a medical examination. Doctors in Fair City only treat, diagnose or refer patients whilst in public areas such as Spar, Park, street or pub.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,207 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Well I'd say that the virgin Ama has been well and truly treated! Maybe the next installment will see Ama drag the doctor into pub loos, the park and a knee trembler up against the doors of Spar and Vinos after closing time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

Bob's second son is drowning.. in pussy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,349 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I kinda thought Dr. Shane was gay and after Dan, was waiting to hear him proclaim his love :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭Pretzill

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I kinda thought Dr. Shane was gay and after Dan, was waiting to hear him proclaim his love :p

I agree JP! Also thought he was weirdly reluctant with Ama and actually that would make a good storyline - the one person she decides to throw caution to the wind with turns out to be gay - of course she becomes pregnant and the child is rared by his dad and significant other - who wouldn't be Dan but perhaps Pearse who is way too young for him but also denies his sexuality, and after being with Rachel also has a child on the way...now that's what Soap is made of! All it needs is some funny moments from Coolhull and we have a decent Christmas FC storyline!! (At last)

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    RTE should hire coolhull as a writer

Then I could say : '' FC Boardies can kiss my ass
    I've got the writer's job at last!"

Don't ever go to the dark side.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭hungrypig

Sorry coolhull, I think donnybrook national junior school have that one sewn up. Its a win win situation, rte don't need to pay for any script writers and mrs o Donoghue from 2nd class covers the drama curriculum and gets a couple of tickets for the toy show thrown in each year.

Mammy needs new shoe-is! Bless!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

Wtf???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Was that Nina? :eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement