Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v5] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Christ, boards.ie is giving the FC plots a good contest in the joke stakes with how the system is playing up.

Sort it out Ffs! !

Why is Deirdre always whispering ?? Seriously ....what's wrong with her? It's really beginning to irritate me!

Imagine Mumbles Michael and Deirdre the drippy Whisperer in a scene together!! With Posh Charlie turning up to join in the chat! The aurul agony.....

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Sparkly Blonde

sligojoek wrote: »
    It's been like that since Friday evening. I thought it would have been sorted by now.

I think this too. Sash is going by Sash Roberts, she was always the good bishop, wanting to better herself not getting in trouble. She so in love with Nina that she takes the rap as doesn't want Ninas Career to be ruined. Bet Sash gets out and there's a big anti climax scene with her nina and laura. Nina doesn't make sense in Carrigstown at all at least this gives her more depth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

My theory is that Nina is using Sash to infiltrate the Bishops, get info for a good story! I know they say it's a small World.....but it's a bit ridiculous if there isn't some other twist to it all

Question: How does Ruth have a different accent to her entire family?

Did anyone hear the former Home & Away actor, director and writer Sam Atwell on Ray Darcy's radio show last week....he's now a consultant on Fair City. Might explain the corny and horrible contemplative, wistful thinking of charachters over Leos rendition of Raglan Road recently! The writing hasn't improved anyways.

Laois_Man wrote: »
    My theory is that Nina is using Sash to infiltrate the Bishops, get info for a good story! I know they say it's a small World.....but it's a bit ridiculous if there isn't some other twist to it all

Question: How does Ruth have a different accent to her entire family?

Did anyone hear the former Home & Away actor, director and writer Sam Atwell on Ray Darcy's radio show last week....he's now a consultant on Fair City. Might explain the corny and horrible contemplative, wistful thinking of charachters over Leos rendition of Raglan Road recently! The writing hasn't improved anyways.

He has been working there years.

EDIT..... Well about year and half.

He talks a big talk
    http://www.iftn.ie/news/?act1=record&only=1&aid=73&rid=4288545&tpl=archnews&force=1

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 138 ✭✭Patrick Wheelock

You are a simpleton. And no I am not from Dublin. But god forbid your intelligence forces you to judge anyone based on their accent.

Sash is in prison. That scummy enough for ya?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

Pretzill wrote: »
    I agree JP! Also thought he was weirdly reluctant with Ama and actually that would make a good storyline - the one person she decides to throw caution to the wind with turns out to be gay - of course she becomes pregnant and the child is rared by his dad and significant other - who wouldn't be Dan but perhaps Pearse who is way too young for him but also denies his sexuality, and after being with Rachel also has a child on the way...now that's what Soap is made of! All it needs is some funny moments from Coolhull and we have a decent Christmas FC storyline!! (At last)

I think you could be onto something here. Going on the history of doctors in Fair City, all of them have had complex issues. Shane's father was popping pills, Judith was caught up with all the Tommy stuff, and Brendan had to skip the country after assisting Floyd to die. So, Shane and his struggle with being gay may well be a story.

Ama is a strange character and sorta suffers from the scriptwriters not knowing what to do with her. First she seems to be there to give Damo a girlfriend. Then, she is the nurse and then Damo has an affair with Caoimhe who he ends up with. They then focus on Ama and Doug but just as they were heading into a relationship, they pull this back. They have been doing the same with Shane until now.

Doug is another character the writers do not know what to do with. They had him with Ama and later on it seemed he was interested in Rachel but Rachel returned with another boyfriend. Doug does not ever seem to have a big storyline come to think of it. He is always in the background to whatever Pete is doing.

The focus is on certain characters more than others. Of late, it is all Paul and Niamh, Wayne and Orla, Bob, Pete and Dolores for the most part. Leo, Charlie and Bela have way less screen time than they used to I have noticed too. I think that characters like Doug get neglected and get no storylines.

Sash is in prison. That scummy enough for ya?

That's not prison. It's a 5 star spa hotel.

Do why is the other girl scummy.....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 138 ✭✭Patrick Wheelock

That's not prison. It's a 5 star spa hotel.

Do why is the other girl scummy.....

Have you seen her boyfriend Rocco?

Have you seen her boyfriend Rocco?

Hmmm you seem to have a slight disparaging obsession with certain social classes I see from a few comments you have made on threads (the Berkley balcon disaster and one about travellers and farmers in Kilcullen) so I'm going to cease engaging with you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

He has been working there years.

EDIT..... Well about year and half.

He talks a big talk
    http://www.iftn.ie/news/?act1=record&only=1&aid=73&rid=4288545&tpl=archnews&force=1

My God.
    Anybody reading that would say to themselves..... that must be one seriously well thought out show with great plots and the full time researcher they have means it all must be deadly altogether.......I'll have to suss this show out

And then how let down they'd feel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Whatever about the home and away guy, I really enjoy when Leo is left sing and play his guitar, that time he did the parting glass around the time of Rita's death was very moving, I think he should be allowed do more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭maurv1

according to RTE guide
    Wayne may start getting up close and personal with Farah, likewise Orla with Tommy

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

The Nina/Sash storyline? Ok, I was a touch surprised. But the more I think about it the more I feel it’s just lazy scriptwriting. A female prisoner being visited by her crime-reporting ‘journalist’ lover? And the prison warden who keeps checking her watch every time Charlotte visits has no problem when Nina grabs Sash for a huge smackeroo.
    Don’t get me wrong, I have absolutely no problem with same-sex relationships.
    But really! It would be like RTE crime reporter Paul Williams having a prison love affair with one of the McCarthy-Dundon gang . …..Ridiculous!

So Mumbles gets his job back in the garage?? Ffs, it's getting more ridiculous every week
    What’s Paul going to tell his friends when they ask him what the fcuk is he doing giving his wife’s toyboy back his old job?
    ‘’Ah, sure he’s a good lad. He was only looking to see if Niamh’s bumpers were the appropriate size for her front. He re-charged her batteries as well, and gave her headlamps a good going-over. Great man for the ould electrics, is Mumbles. ‘’

And poor Charlotte can’t go for a p!ss without Decco sneaking up behind her. In the street, in the park, in the ‘allotment’, everywhere she goes he turns up with a face on him like someone has just farted.

And Nuss’s first big night with Superdoc ends up with her in bed wearing her full outfit, possibly including her hoodie.
    Mind you, if the size of SuperDoc’s eyes are any indication of the size of his, eh, *cough*, then Ama will be one happy woman

maurv1 wrote: »
    according to RTE guide
    Wayne may start getting up close and personal with Farah, likewise Orla with Tommy

Christ, imagine the dialogue between Wayne and Farrah Five Jobs....

"Hi Farrah, meeeeeeeee maaaaaaaaaa kicked me out"

"Hi Wayne, could be worse, meeeeeeeee daaaaaaaa kicked the bucket"

"Sure didn't meeeeeeeeeeeeèe own daaaaaaaaaaa do the same thing Farrah"

"Really, I never knew I thought Pete was your daaaaaaaaaaaa"

"No Peter meeeeeeeee step daaaaaaaaaaa. At least I think he is. Him and meeeeeeeeeeeeèe maaaaaaaaaas have had so many weddings cancelled and rearranged I can't remember where they are now"

"Don't talk to me. Sure meeeeeeeee own maaaaaaaaaa wanted Bob to be meeeeeeeee step daaaaaaaa"

"Ah jays us are you kidding, sure Bob once gave me ex a job. But me exx didn't like me. She liked meeeeeeeee maaaaaaaaaa. Well actually she liked meeeeeeeee daaaaaaaaaaaa. Well actually she pretended to have meeeèe daaaaaaaaaaa's eyes"

"Jaysus Wayne whoever writes our life story either has a screw loose or a great sense of humour"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,126 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

coolhull wrote: »
    The Nina/Sash storyline? Ok, I was a touch surprised. But the more I think about it the more I feel it’s just lazy scriptwriting. A female prisoner being visited by her crime-reporting ‘journalist’ lover? And the prison warden who keeps checking her watch every time Charlotte visits has no problem when Nina grabs Sash for a huge smackeroo.
    Don’t get me wrong, I have absolutely no problem with same-sex relationships.
    But really! It would be like RTE crime reporter Paul Williams having a prison love affair with one of the McCarthy-Dundon gang . …..Ridiculous!

I'm sure Nina's bosses would have a big problem with her dating a criminal and jailbird. They would probably tell her her position as an investigative journalist for the newspaper would be untenable if she kept up the relationship.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,608 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Forget all that sh1t, guys. Where d fook are the Condors?

Just in regards to sash in prison, I've tried to comment as I see but nobody seems to pay attention. Has anyone here ever been in the women's prison in Dublin? I did a tour when in school and RTE done a documentary last year, think it was called women on the inside.
    The prisoners are not in cells they're in 'houses' and have a key to they're own door, ensuite bathrooms. There is a beauty salon for hair and makeup and the whole place is very calm and laxy daisy. Look at the Scissor Sisters, they always have makeup and thick eyeliner on. There is a shop that sells it all. The women have jobs to pay for it. And prison guards would even be texting on their mobiles phones! So I actually think FC has done a good job.
    Except, they wouldn't be rushing Charlotte out the way FC warden does , also, they all go around in pj's and house coats and I think Sash would if she was in there.

Just in regards to sash in prison, I've tried to comment as I see but nobody seems to pay attention. Has anyone here ever been in the women's prison in Dublin? I did a tour when in school and RTE done a documentary last year, think it was called women on the inside.
    The prisoners are not in cells they're in 'houses' and have a key to they're own door, ensuite bathrooms. There is a beauty salon for hair and makeup and the whole place is very calm and laxy daisy. Look at the Scissor Sisters, they always have makeup and thick eyeliner on. There is a shop that sells it all. The women have jobs to pay for it. And prison guards would even be texting on their mobiles phones! So I actually think FC has done a good job.
    Except, they wouldn't be rushing Charlotte out the way FC warden does , also, they all go around in pj's and house coats and I think Sash would if she was in there.

Ok, forgetting the makeup, which is one issue, what about the physical contact? The smakeroo, as coolhull described it; that allowed as well?

walshb wrote: »
    Ok, forgetting the makeup, which is one issue, what about the physical contact? The smakeroo, as coolhull described it; that allowed as well?

A kiss at the start and end of the visit is allowed. That wasn't an open mouth kiss even, that's how they pass drugs over to prisoners.

• Advertisement

A kiss at the start and end of the visit is allowed. That wasn't an open mouth kiss even, that's how they pass drugs over to prisoners.

It was a little more than a peck on the cheek, so yes, drugs could easily have been passed in that scene.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

So, Nina doesn't know Sash is a Bishop? How on earth would Sash get that past Nina, the nosiest investigatory journalist around? I mean she would of obviously attended Sashs trial. Did she change her name by deed poll? When she gets prison visitors is her name down as Roberts? I have so many questions!

walshb wrote: »
    It was a little more than a peck on the cheek, so yes, drugs could easily have been passed in that scene.

I never said only a peck was allowed. A kiss at the start and end of the visit. Sorry but FC have actually got this right for once. And drugs are freely passed around our prisons at visits as are mobile phones but that's a whole different issue I doubt FC would get involved in.

So, Nina doesn't know Sash is a Bishop? How on earth would Sash get that past Nina, the nosiest investigatory journalist around? I mean she would of obviously attended Sashs trial. Did she change her name by deed poll? When she gets prison visitors is her name down as Roberts? I have so many questions!

I hope FC answers these questions but the story probably just fizzle out and we be left to guess as usual

Anyone else TV planner say FC not on Thursday?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,349 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

maurv1 wrote: »
    according to RTE guide

I think Tommy gets close to
    Debbie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

Getting fed up of the Orla and Wayne stuff at this stage. While it is unfortunate that they lost their job/home in one fell swoop I'm finding it hard to feel any sympathy for them - maybe karma is just catching up with them both!

Anyone else TV planner say FC not on Thursday?

I think they've pulled the episode as it's on at the same time as the vital Ireland vs Germany match.

Getting fed up of the Orla and Wayne stuff at this stage. While it is unfortunate that they lost their job/home in one fell swoop I'm finding it hard to feel any sympathy for them - maybe karma is just catching up with them both!

They've had an implausible string of disasters in their first year of marriage in fact. Junior's illness, it becoming common knowledge that Tommy is the father, McCoys being flooded, Dolores' cancer diagnosis and very nearly dying and then losing their jobs and home at the exact same time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

Strazdas wrote: »
    They've had an implausible string of disasters in their first year of marriage in fact. Junior's illness, it becoming common knowledge that Tommy is the father, McCoys being flooded, Dolores' cancer diagnosis and very nearly dying and then losing their jobs and home at the exact same time.

True enough. Still find it hard to sympathise with a serial cheater/shoplifter and a cheater/fraudster

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement