Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v5] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Cris Jones

Fair City bad. who would let anybody into the house to go to a bedroom to have a snoop, what are the writers of this thinking of, also hate laura and nina and they are a turn to the other channels. completely ridiculous writing just to include ridiculous characters. Laura, eg, doesn't mind that the weird nina upset her because of her family history. yeah. And the dwarf with her blog page. Fair City is really not any any good, at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Cris Jones

She is a mother so the world must bow down to her
    Orla went over to Jim the doctor, in the cafe and asked his opinion on her baby's illness and then dissed all that he said and I didn't feel any sympathy for her. She is the only mother in the world after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,168 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Callum getting thick at paul for giving out to him and leaving? If that was IRL id have him out the door :P He brings on trouble all the time and then gets mad at people for blaming him all the time. He brought it onto himself, he should get over it.

I also think caoimhe does an amazing "bit*chy face. She makes me laugh every time she does it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,546 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Cris Jones wrote: »
    Orla went over to Jim the doctor, in the cafe and asked his opinion on her baby's illness and then dissed all that he said and I didn't feel any sympathy for her. She is the only mother in the world after all.

She was very rude and stroppy alright seeing as Jim had done everything he possibly could for her child.

Is "Junior"'s name actually Junior? I thought he was christened Wayne? None of the characters ever refer to him as Wayne and even RTE's promos for the show call him Junior.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Hopefully one day soon Caomhe will diagnose Orla's nodding head syndrome that kicks in everytime she says her lines

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭sh1tstirrer

Anyone notice that Callum was hitch hiking at the entrance to rte. Maybe all the cast should hitch hike out of there until such time they can find more plausible and consistent writers.

Anyone notice that Callum was hitch hiking at the entrance to rte. Maybe all the cast should hitch hike out of there until such time they can find more plausible and consistent writers.

Yes, and one other noticeable thing is that they rarely or never film anything away from RTE studios. Jo's trip to Cork (or a hotel supposedly in Cork) recently was an extremely rare event for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,525 ✭✭✭✭walshb

How did Charlotte have Jo's number

I assume it was maybe the Pig's number?

Orla's eating the head off everyone she speaks to about Junior is just so ridiculous...

You do just have to love Callum and Paul staying downstairs as the nosey neighbor makes her way to the bedroom to search....

• Advertisement

walshb wrote: »
    Orla's eating the head off everyone she speaks to about Junior is just so ridiculous...

You do just have to love Callum and Paul staying downstairs as the nosey neighbor makes her way to the bedroom to search....

And she came down with an empty brown envelope, ..proving what exactly?

coolhull wrote: »
    '' Hello, is that the Garda station? This is Jo Fahy. Can I speak to Garda John Deegan please?''

''Sorry, no, Mrs Fahey, Superintendent Deegan only reports for work twice a year, usually Bank Holiday weekends.''

''Oh, ok-aaay. Anyway, I want to report that first some money was stolen, but then I found it again‘.’

‘’All right. And where did you find this stolen money? In a waste bin? On a bus? In the street?’’

‘’No, sure don’t be silly. I found it under my neighbours mattress’’

‘’Ah, of course. And did you have good grounds for searching under this individual’s mattress?’’

‘’Sure of course I had good grounds, I was acting on foot of an anonymous phone call to a chip shop’’

‘’Well, obviously that’s a perfectly good reason to go into your neighbour’s bedroom and search his personal belongings. You did the right thing, well done’’

‘’Thank you. So, do you want me to come in and make a statement?’’

‘’Not at all. No need for such formalities. You’ve given us enough evidence over the phone to put him away for years.’’

‘’Sure that’s grand.’’

''Unfortunately, all of the Dublin Garda Division are in Tallaght right now, arresting a 15-year-old Water Protester. But when (and if) they get back safely I’ll ensure that the Garda Rapid Response Unit , with armed backup, arrest this criminal immediately’’

‘’Sure, you’re very good, thank you’’

‘’ Always glad to be of service. You have a nice day now. By-eeee’’

I need a good laugh thank you

No doubt consistency Callum will be back in not time with the trademark scowl and OTT wooly jacket. Maybe this time we might get a fooking smile from his insufferable sister.

walshb wrote: »
    No doubt consistency Callum will be back in not time with the trademark scowl and OTT wooly jacket. Maybe this time we might get a fooking smile from his insufferable sister.

It's slightly odd that he's lecturing Paul on favouring Rachel over him. What does he expect? Paul is merely his biological father and wasn't even aware of Callum's existence for the first 18 years of his life.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

I notice that everybody seems to have full cupboards again and don't need to go to Christy's anymore.
    A few weeks ago, all of Carrigstown seemed to congregate in the soft-drinks aisle and discussed their personal business for the world to hear.
    Farrah, Max, and 'me maaah' haven't been seen for a while (not that I'm complaining)
    For a time there, Bob couldn't scratch himself without me maah coming up with her sulky face on her, sticking her nose into everyone's business.
    And of course Carol, Hair-Gel and Quivery-Lips have disappeared too.
    Again, not a huge loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭musicmania

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Wayne is Richard and Orla is Mrs. Bucket :p

Nah, definitely Dermot and Jo :D

• Registered Users Posts: 86,244 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

No water protesters in Carrigstown

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭turffooter

Fair City Live................... could you imagine the carnage......................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭sh1tstirrer

coolhull wrote: »
    I notice that everybody seems to have full cupboards again and don't need to go to Christy's anymore.
    A few weeks ago, all of Carrigstown seemed to congregate in the soft-drinks aisle and discussed their personal business for the world to hear.
    Farrah, Max, and 'me maaah' haven't been seen for a while (not that I'm complaining)
    For a time there, Bob couldn't scratch himself without me maah coming up with her sulky face on her, sticking her nose into everyone's business.
    And of course Carol, Hair-Gel and Quivery-Lips have disappeared too.
    Again, not a huge loss.
    :D with his bottom teeth in full view.

turffooter wrote: »
    Fair City Live................... could you imagine the carnage......................

I kind of want to see it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,994 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I kind of want to see it
    they have to do it!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,544 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Jim is very handy, he gives medical advice anytime for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Dean!! Glad he back!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,544 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Dean might make a move on Paula, he's done it before with Leo's ladies.

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭dogcat

Kerri-Ann asks Leo "is he famous?" (I think). Ye're acting in Fair City ffs! Of course not.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭morebabies

I think Orla's acting on this storyline is excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

Jane to Paul "you told me you'd look after Callum", how old is Callum, 11?

Ah Genetic.
    Cue Tommy re-entry

Jim: "The infection's not clearing."

Wayne: "What does that mean?"

Anyone?:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Wayne: "Is there any deafness in your family?" Deleted line: "Come to think of it, is there any family in your family?":P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement