Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v5] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

FC is on tonight Btw so no moaning............... most of usual viewers will be watching the match though..... 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

FC is on tonight Btw so no moaning............... most of usual viewers will be watching the match though..... 😉

Repeat tomorow so be grand

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Sash is wearing better clothes in prison than me any day! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 86,807 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Did Sash and Laura meet before, was Sash around when this Laura came back?

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Auburn Lodge must be one of those rare hotels where they bring the gardener (still in his boiler suit) to a meeting of the housekeeping staff

Tommy Overalls:''Some of the rooms are harder to clean than others''.........

How the hell would he know? His job is to prune the Leylandii and weed around the chrysanthemums. Fluffing up pillows is not in his job description

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭rustyf81

happyday wrote: »
    Can you explain that again for me?

WE WERE ON A BRREEEAAAAKKKKKKKKK!

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭XplaygirlX

I wonder what's happening to the launderette and who is supposed to be running it.!?...Meanwhile.......

Yeah what's up with that? Isn't Jo in America ?? so it'll have to be or IS closed

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭Pretzill

coolhull wrote: »
    Fluffing up pillows is not in his job description

Coohull you should know that Tommy is an expert when it comes to bedrooms...;)

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

''Tommy, you stay away from me ma,ya hear me?''

This from Mumbles, the fella who plugged Niamh's Yuletide socket, used Jane's pony tails like a reins, and is now spreading his oil over Louise's prime tomatoes

''Righ', I might be a right bollix and screwed half the women in Carrigstown, but dammit, I have me morals''

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 138 ✭✭Patrick Wheelock

The hotel owner is very like Declan Naughton - https://www.linkedin.com/pub/declan-naughton-qfa-bsc/75/95/593

Question - does Caoimhe know that Tommy is Junior's father?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

coolhull wrote: »
    Auburn Lodge must be one of those rare hotels where they bring the gardener (still in his boiler suit) to a meeting of the housekeeping staff

Tommy Overalls:''Some of the rooms are harder to clean than others''.........

How the hell would he know? His job is to prune the Leylandii and weed around the chrysanthemums. Fluffing up pillows is not in his job description

I say it was a general staff meeting and Tommy did have a point, That new owner is a fool because you do have to take in account that some rooms will be left in a worse condition than others.

The hotel owner is very like Declan Naughton - https://www.linkedin.com/pub/declan-naughton-qfa-bsc/75/95/593

ya Caoimhe knows Tommy is juniors dad, Tommy knows as well.

I have no idea :L

fin12 wrote:
    ya Caoimhe knows Tommy is juniors dad, Tommy knows as well.

Cool, only saw your post now :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 138 ✭✭Patrick Wheelock

It's ok, Fin12 has clarified.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

I actually can't get Brian McFadden out of my head when he's on screen!

He's the stamp of him!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭Alice1

So, are Paul & Niamh back together?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭VickieVexed1

Lisha wrote: »
    Sash is wearing better clothes in prison than me any day! :)

I know she's wearing a huge amount of make-up, but I don't remember her being so lovely....she's gorgeous.

I know she's wearing a huge amount of make-up, but I don't remember her being so lovely....she's gorgeous.

She's really pretty. She always caked on her makeup though.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,899 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

fin12 wrote: »
    I say it was a general staff meeting and Tommy did have a point, That new owner is a fool because you do have to take in account that some rooms will be left in a worse condition than others.

The new owner is a tosser. He thinks he can have a happy and productive workforce by throwing his weight around and acting like a jumped up little Hitler. You'd wonder what he's doing in the hospitality industry, he certainly hasn't got the personality for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Sparkly Blonde

Why was your one staring at sash? Is Sash going to be a prison wife? Surely FC is too pg for that!

Strazdas wrote: »
    The new owner is a tosser. He thinks he can have a happy and productive workforce by throwing his weight around and acting like a jumped up little Hitler. You'd wonder what he's doing in the hospitality industry, he certainly hasn't got the personality for it.

It seems to me that a lot of new owners/managers come in like that, acting like a complete pr**k to staff, its like they feel they have to make sure everyone knows there in charge otherwise they're scared staff will walk all over them. it never works though because staff just hate them so they become less productive.

has anyone said that the new hotel owner is a prick because he is prick

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

I'm finding it hard to not like him because I saw him live at a comedy show before! He is funny :)

fin12 wrote: »
    It seems to me that a lot of new owners/managers come in like that, acting like a complete pr**k to staff, its like they feel they have to make sure everyone knows there in charge otherwise they're scared staff will walk all over them. it never works though because staff just hate them so they become less productive.

There's nothing wrong with being firm, but this guy is just rude and dislikeable. None of the staff are going to respect an owner who talks down to them (along with his obvious suggestion that they are a bunch of slackers).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Laura is a serious wreck the head. I used to like the character but it's hard to take pity on someone who brought that yoke Nina onto our screens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

dave1982 wrote: »
    Can't add spoiler tag on phone

Read at own cost

New hotel owner was on 4fm Thursday morning. He is flynns son (don baker) said his story line will rock fair city in few months. Claims he will be the new Billy Meehan.

Joked might even end up on reeling in the years its so big

The hotel owner comes across as an arrogant smug git. Not at all a likeable character. Look at last night's episode and he has this smug grin about knowing the staff can do it after giving out about how long it takes them to clean the rooms. It was a grin as if to say he has plans. He seems to be the type of thug in a suit who is using the hotel to front a drugs or pimp business.

Unlike other villains in FC, this hotel manager has not been introduced as a 'nice guy'. Billy Meehan, Marty Halpin, Bill Taylor and Paddy Bishop were all introduced as charmers or changed men initially. They then began to show signs of the violent individuals they really were and all ended up badly.

Mr Hotel will most likely get his staff involved in his real business and it will all work out badly for all involved. The new generation Flynn will be much more vicious than his father.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,807 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

He's a prick :p

The hotel owner comes across as an arrogant smug git. Not at all a likeable character. Look at last night's episode and he has this smug grin about knowing the staff can do it after giving out about how long it takes them to clean the rooms. It was a grin as if to say he has plans. He seems to be the type of thug in a suit who is using the hotel to front a drugs or pimp business.

Unlike other villains in FC, this hotel manager has not been introduced as a 'nice guy'. Billy Meehan, Marty Halpin, Bill Taylor and Paddy Bishop were all introduced as charmers or changed men initially. They then began to show signs of the violent individuals they really were and all ended up badly.

Mr Hotel will most likely get his staff involved in his real business and it will all work out badly for all involved. The new generation Flynn will be much more vicious than his father.

Yes, that's what I meant when I said he doesn't have the personality to work in the hospitality sector. A 'thug in a suit' sums him up pretty well, he's charmless and graceless.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

Strazdas wrote: »
    Yes, that's what I meant when I said he doesn't have the personality to work in the hospitality sector. A 'thug in a suit' sums him up pretty well, he's charmless and graceless.

The hotel is a front for his real business. Think along the likes of the Brazzers place in Love/Hate only this guy Cathal Spillane lacks the charms of the Nidge Weasel.

He works for Flynn and could be Flynn's son or nephew. Spillane may be an assumed name? I heard he is going to get nastier and very violent in subsequent episodes.

I also heard one of Wayne's ex girlfriends is coming back. I HOPE it is Lucy. She was a great character too and had more to offer.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement