Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v5] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,899 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Charlotte is very hot

She's actually not bad looking at all. I'm not buying her bad girl and scowling routine either, I bet she's a real sweetheart in real life.

Spoiler re. the hotel owner and forthcoming storylines :

http://www.irishmirror.ie/whats-on/film-and-tv/eric-lalor-fair-city-character-6648408

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Strazdas wrote: »

no need to put a link in a spoiler tag as we c@nt click on it then

Christ you would swear he thought it was some epic blockbuster the way he is going on!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Spoiler re. the hotel owner and forthcoming storylines :

haha he's not wrong there, I nearly hated him from day one. :):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

coolhull, now please give us your latest update on the Sash/Nina/Laura saga.

To : Agony Aunt Sheila
    The Daily Star

DEAR Sheila,
    Please advise me. I’m in an awful situation.
    I’m the red-hot, No. 1 journalist in Dublin, ( I’m not bragging, it’s just a fact)
    But you see, I’m a lesbian, and I’m tangled up with not one but two female lovers. One of them, a never-left-home Dubliner with a North Carolina accent. runs a charity shop,(though she rarely goes there) and I spend most nights in her house, which she shares with her brother, his girlfriend, the girlfriends father, her neighbour's daughter, and anyone else who’s stuck for a bed. For the purpose of this letter, let’s call her Laura.

Anyway my other female ’friend’ happens to be a soon-to-be-released prisoner, (we’ll call her Sash} though nobody is sure why she’s in prison. But I think she pleaded guilty to being a member of an illegal cosmetics gang, the dangerous, violent paramilitary organisation, the so-called Moisteriser Mafia, known to the police as the Continuity Mascara. When they were put out of business, she had to hide their entire stock of illegal makeup in her cell, and now she’s forced to wear the complete supply on her face every day.

But prison life for my friend Sash is comfortable enough, there’s only one other prisoner and a single warden, armed only with a wristwatch, which she consults every 33.8 seconds. (Don’t ask!)

Now, Sheila, my problem is that Laura, the house- sharing one, doesn’t suspect that I have another lover , who is due out soon and wants me to go to England with her, while Laura wants us to buy a house together in Dublin.

The entire situation a complete head-wrecker. Some people in this area are totally anti-gay and I find it difficult to know how the local Garda superintendent views lesbianism. He is also totally anti-crime. Only a few weeks ago, a local teenager kicked her own wheelbarrow, and he threatened her with prison. Some people even swear the Garda muttered, under his breath about such behaviour being a capital offence, deserving of a lethal injection. But maybe that's just rumour.

But anyway, Sheila, you can see my dilemma.

Do I wait for my prison lover to be released and start a new life in the UK, or do I move in with saintly good-girl Laura and buy a house with her (though I suspect it won’t be long before her family, friends, neighbours,and maybe some Iraqi refugees move in with us too).

Like the viewers of a certain RTE soap opera, I feel like I’m stuck in a nightmare from which I can’t wake up.

Please Sheila, any advice would be welcome.
    Yours, etc
    Nina (not her real name)

no need to put a link in a spoiler tag as we c@nt click on it then

Oh yes, so I see....just removed the spoiler tag.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,807 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Did Cathal arrange Debbie's mugging?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Dear (not her real name) Nina,

Your predicament is familiar to me, I too, once had two lovers at the same time (and a friend who kept impeccable time but that's another story)

To rectify my problem I confessed to both my lovers each others existence - straight out, because I find honesty is the best policy, otherwise someone could find out and really this whole affair could blow up in your face.

But you wouldn't be stupid enough to ever let that happen, right? I mean you're a sh*t hot journo, unlike me the feckin agony aunt! You would know that for instance, Sash (not her real name yeah) has no connection to Laura's (not her real accent) hometown. That there is no way their paths would ever cross? That Charlotte (her real cousin) wouldn't throw her carrots out of the wheelbarrow over this and in turn ruin your chances with either girlfriend?

Giving you a heads up.

Sincerely
    Shiela (Not watching anymore)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Did Cathal arrange Debbie's mugging?
    As Bradley Walsh would say on The Chase, "Gotta be, innit".

• Advertisement

Why in God's name would he plan her mugging. Yes we get the point the character is a baddie and yes we get the point there is friction between them. But her getting mugged would only cause issues with his work. He wasn't to predict Tommy would miraculously appear like a magician ten seconds after she got mugged (but still not see anything)

He also would have a lot to lose if the youths told the police it was a set up. Why would a big time criminal as FC are bigging him up to be risk that because he had a minor indifference with a harmless cleaner.

We get it ...... He's a bad boy but this would be silly.

What's that you say "But this is Fair City Talking Bread"

Ah fair enough then, it all makes sense I guess.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

I'm guessing the whole 'staff need taxis home' saga will eventually prompt Karols Kabs to strike up a good deal with balentyne lodge, thus propelling Carol back inadvertently working with Flynn!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 138 ✭✭Patrick Wheelock

He comes across as a bit of a dickhead in real life as well. So any abuse / heckling he gets is actually justified.

He comes across as a bit of a dickhead in real life as well. So any abuse / heckling he gets is actually justified.

You dont like many people, especially actors on FC, do you Patrick!!

seen him on a few shows and that and nothing controversial or unlikeable about him, very normal bloke ........ whats your hatred based on??

Ah Bachelors Walk on Reeling in the Years. Now they were great characters.....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 138 ✭✭Patrick Wheelock

You dont like many people, especially actors on FC, do you Patrick!!

seen him on a few shows and that and nothing controversial or unlikeable about him, very normal bloke ........ whats your hatred based on??

Basing it on seeing him perform once and that interview.

Do you think all actors are perfect, lovely people?

Of course not?? But calling someone a d1ckhead based on a comedy performance which is essentially scripted acting is mildly ott......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Eh, obviously Wayne & Orla would have been perfect launderette managers!

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Shifty Shellshock

The acting and story-line between those 4 chicks in that scene is just atrocious

• Registered Users Posts: 10,302 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Is Wayne really 40?:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56,377 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Roxanne wouldn't happen to be Rocco's sister?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

branie2 wrote: »
    Is Wayne really 40?:eek:

The actor was born in 1985 apparently - not sure about Wayne.

Wtf is it to do with Debbie??? Nosey b¥tch! !

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

^^^^^^^^

Miss Marple

• Registered Users Posts: 56,377 ✭✭✭✭walshb

A lying skank! Brilliant. At least that's the end of that pointless story.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

Gutted.....no wailing wall of Orla tonight.....

• Registered Users Posts: 86,807 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Charlotte Bishop is a great character, the b*tch you love to hate so well played by the actress, reminds me of a young Yvonne Doyle

The actor was born in 1985 apparently - not sure about Wayne.

There is no way he was born in 85. He was about 20 in the 90s around time of Jimmy Doyle.

He is about 40 to 45 or 46 I reckon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

There is no way he was born in 85. He was about 20 in the 90s around time of Jimmy Doyle.

He is about 40 to 45 or 46 I reckon.

Probably right - wikipedia can be wrong on these things.

Read another article there that suggests he's about 42. Seems more right.

• Advertisement

Probably right - wikipedia can be wrong on these things.

Read another article there that suggests he's about 42. Seems more right.

No 1 rule when you are an actor. Avoid disclosing your age if possible. He first appeared in 1988 apparently on FC. Before that it said he was in theatre when he was 13 so that would make him at leat 41. I'd say that is being generous to him even.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement