Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v5] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Isn't he the owner? Can't get the owner fired.

ok well report him to the guards or revenue when you get the evidence on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

fin12 wrote: »

She must investigate to get the evidence....... Ffs it's fair city nothing should be logical or make any sense at all

• Registered Users Posts: 6,085 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Hitchens wrote: »
    'Tommy the Ram' and the manager of the 'Hotel Sans Guests' reminds one of Lanigan's Ball, when one of them steps out (of the room) the other steps in again :p

They've more staff than guests in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Why would she deserve to be fired? I think she is doing what any normal person would do if you have a prick of a boss who is harassing you and realize that he is up to something dodgy why wouldn't you try to get evidence to back that up so you could report him and get him fired.

are you for real. she has no right to be rooting around. if she has suspicions alert the police. Her suspicion was borne out of the hotel owner handing an envelope to a man. She has no access to the money or accounts. Its obvious we know where the story is going and ultimately he is a criminal but she has no right to be rooting around as she is a glorified cleaner merely. Its absurd what she is doing.

the harassment claim is completely separate and their ix a formal process to deal with that. It doesnt give her any right to do what she is doing in the real world.

exactly. which isnt what you said originally.

• Advertisement

are you for real. she has no right to be rooting around. if she has suspicions alert the police. Her suspicion was borne out of the hotel owner handing an envelope to a man. She has no access to the money or accounts. Its obvious we know where the story is going and ultimately he is a criminal but she has no right to be rooting around as she is a glorified cleaner merely. Its absurd what she is doing.

the harassment claim is completely separate and their ix a formal process to deal with that. It doesnt give her any right to do what she is doing in the real world.

Ya I am for real. so she's supposed to report him to the guards without out any actual evidence??? what would be the point of that so ya she has to root around to get the evidence.

ya i didn't say who she should report him to. I forgot that he was the owner but she still needs to get hard evidence on him before she can report him.

Ya I am for real. so she's supposed to report him to the guards without out any actual evidence??? what would be the point of that so ya she has to root around to get the evidence.

she has absolutely no right to be rooting around files etc?????? of course she doesnt!

its a complete invasion of privacy

Well, it is kinda what Fin said. .. Quote: fin12
    "ok well report him to the guards or revenue when
    you get the evidence on him."

Debbie would have to get the evidence by snooping.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Oh come on, so if she has suspicions alert the police. About what? She clearly needs something to get the polices' attention. Oh wait, she's a mere 'glorified cleaner' Come off it with the snobbery!

its a complete invasion of privacy

It's a job for Nina.

Oh come on, so if she has suspicions alert the police. About what? She clearly needs something to get the polices' attention. Oh wait, she's a mere 'glorified cleaner' Come off it with the snobbery!

its not snobbery. its her job description. she is the head of housekeeping. Therefore under her contract she is restricted by the fact she cannot access certain things. What she is doing isnt illegal at this juncture of course but an employer would be well within his rights to discipline her for her actions. A hotel like that would have a HR dept or certainly a superior to report any employment concerns to.

its not snobbery. its her job description. she is the head of housekeeping. Therefore under her contract she is restricted by the fact she cannot access certain things. What she is doing isnt illegal at this juncture of course but an employer would be well within his rights to discipline her for her actions. A hotel like that would have a HR dept or certainly a superior to report any employment concerns to.

You said, "she's a "glorified housekeeper" , that's not her job description.

Anyway lets leave it there. Im not sticking up for her employer im just saying in general snooping by employees into records their job restricts their access to gives an employer legitimate reason to approach them.

You said, "she's a "glorified housekeeper" , that's not her job description.

christ sake. its a tv character. its a forum wheue we slag every character everday. it was just a turn of phrase.

& i said "glorified cleaner" Which is her job. She cleans the hotel. She got a slight promotion to housekeeping supervisor where she supervises the other cleaners but she still cleans herself.

christ sake. its a tv character. its a forum wheue we slag every character everday. it was just a turn of phrase.

Your snobbery shines through... :)

Your snobbery shines through... :)

how. Please elaborate. What would you describe her job as? And why are you offended by me calling her a cleaner. I dont know why you are having a go at me. Please block my messages if you want to choose to be offended . You too Fin12.
    Problem solved. Ill do likewise. Take care.

how. Please elaborate. What would you describe her job as? And why are you offended by me calling her a cleaner. I dont know why you are having a go at me. Please block my messages if you want to choose to be offended . You too Fin12.
    Problem solved. Ill do likewise. Take care.

The fact that you used the phrase "glorified cleaner" only someone who looks down on others would say something like that.... I'm not going to block you, I enjoy your posts.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 138 ✭✭Patrick Wheelock

FFS - I thought Fair City wasn't on 'cause it's a bank holiday weekend so I didn't tune in.

I wish RTE would be consistent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

FFS - I thought Fair City wasn't on 'cause it's a bank holiday weekend so I didn't tune in.

I wish RTE would be consistent.
    They're probably making up for the dropped episode when the Ireland v Germany match was on.

The fact that you used the phrase "glorified cleaner" only someone who looks down on others would say something like that.... I'm not going to block you, I enjoy your posts.

no it doesnt. because i dont. glorified isnt an insult. it merely means what it means. Perhaps read the context of the post. I called her just a cleaner in the manner that is her job and that job does not give her the right to root around the reception st management files. It was you who got offended by me calling her by her job description,a cleaner. It is not possible to degrade someone by saying exactly what they do. And then you try to tell me what i was saying and that i was insulting someone with that job title when i was clearly just pointing oyt the limits of their jobs (in general).All jobs have their own limitations.

I dont like being called a snob and its a whole lot more insulting than referring to someone by their profession.

no it doesnt. because i dont. glorified isnt an insult. it merely means what it means. Perhaps read the context of the post. I called her just a cleaner in the manner that is her job and that job does not give her the right to root around the reception st management files. It was you who got offended by me calling her by her job description,a cleaner. It is not possible to degrade someone by saying exactly what they do. And then you try to tell me what i was saying and that i was insulting someone with that job title when i was clearly just pointing oyt the limits of their jobs (in general).All jobs have their own limitations.

I dont like being called a snob and its a whole lot more insulting than referring to someone by their profession.

No, you called her a "glorified cleaner" Regardless of their job description, I agree with you no one should be snooping into other people's business without a warrant!

No, you called her a "glorified cleaner" Regardless of their job description, I agree with you no one should be snooping into other people's business without a warrant!

glorified means referring to someone by a title which may appear to elevate them but is essentially the same thing. It is not an insult. Not in the context or intention I used it. Her job title is housekeeper, but she is essentially a cleaner. I know what i said and what i meant. it was me who wrote it. Not you. So calling me a snob on a public forum is extremely unfair and unfounded. I am the complete opposite. I have tackled postets for insulting actors on here based on their accents for example. Perhaps you should concentrate on posters like that.

glorified means referring to someone by a title which may appear to elevate them but is essentially the same thing. It is not an insult. Not in the context or intention I used it. Her job title is housekeeper, but she is essentially a cleaner. I know what i said and what i meant. it was me who wrote it. Not you. So calling me a snob on a public forum is extremely unfair and unfounded. I am the complete opposite. I have tackled postets for insulting actors on here based on their accents for example. Perhaps you should concentrate on posters like that.

Oh, shut off and go to bed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

It was you who got offended by me calling her by her job description,a cleaner. It is not possible to degrade someone by saying exactly what they do.

She's the head of housekeeping though. It's a managerial position.

Oh, shut off and go to bed.

thanks for that response.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=55826293

She's the head of housekeeping though. It's a managerial position.

yes she manages the cleaners. she has no authority to rummage through files and accounts though. lIts not a complex point im making and if people think that she has that is their perogative. But no need to insult me for mine.

You're welcome.
    What's the link for?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

yes she manages the cleaners. she has no authority to rummage through files and accounts though. lIts not a complex point im making and if people think that she has that is their perogative. But no need to insult me for mine.

I didn't insult anyone, and I'm not interested in getting involved in an argument on whether she has a right to snoop or not.

Just pointing out she's not a cleaner, glorified or otherwise.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement