Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v5] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,085 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

yes she manages the cleaners. she has no authority to rummage through files and accounts though. lIts not a complex point im making and if people think that she has that is their perogative. But no need to insult me for mine.

No one's insulting you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

you called me a snob????? that is very insulting, especially when i am almost the antithesis. It is hardly a compliment is it.

I didn't insult anyone, and I'm not interested in getting involved in an argument on whether she has a right to snoop or not.

Just pointing out she's not a cleaner, glorified or otherwise.

no you didnt i never said you did, another poster did

Anyway read this.....

http://www.rte.ie/drama/tv/featured/faircity/debbieobrien.html

• Registered Users Posts: 6,085 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

you called me a snob????? that is very insulting, especially when i am almost the antithesis. It is hardly a compliment is it.

There, there, don't go getting upset, calling someone a snob is not an insult.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

She was a cleaner. She's not now. An un-updated website doesn't change that. Her job on the show at present is Head of Housekeeping. That's just a fact, you can't argue it.

Can't believe I'm getting dragged into this, night all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

What have I started?! Look whether you're a housekeeper (who does more than 'just' cleaning) or a event organizer you'd have no right to snoop through files. I assume they're eric lawlors files, and in the absence of a receptionist nobody should be rooting. But, Debbie is finding out all this info by 'remarkable conincidence' and she has access to the files so that's how the story is playing out....calling her a 'glorified cleaned' when that's clearly not her job title seems a bit unnecessary, especially when she's obviously in more of a managerial role.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭hungrypig

Getting back to the mindless ........did anyone notice when Charlie was chatting to the stripey scrubber, he said in his d4 accent " my friend has been trying to get a room there for weeks, she's been trying to treat his wife".........faircity too scabby to retake

• Registered Users Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭Hitchens

hungrypig wrote: »
    Getting back to the mindless ........did anyone notice when Charlie was chatting to the stripey scrubber, he said in his d4 accent " my friend has been trying to get a room there for weeks, she's been trying to treat his wife".........faircity too scabby to retake

Charlie the Fake ...........excruciating :pac:

Still no funeral for Esther, and her sis just evaporated

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭hungrypig

Nina spent her day yesterday going from one pub to the next to alternate meetings with Laura and sash.....my head was spinning trying to keep up with her

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Ah, it's nice to be back to the original purpose of this thread, which is to have a bit of crack. Hopefully it'll stay that way for a while.

• Advertisement

What have I started?! Look whether you're a housekeeper (who does more than 'just' cleaning) or a event organizer you'd have no right to snoop through files. I assume they're eric lawlors files, and in the absence of a receptionist nobody should be rooting. But, Debbie is finding out all this info by 'remarkable conincidence' and she has access to the files so that's how the story is playing out....calling her a 'glorified cleaned' when that's clearly not her job title seems a bit unnecessary, especially when she's obviously in more of a managerial role.

There are hundreds of things said on the thread that are a bit unnecessary and that's in keeping with the tone of the thread. A couple of posters just decided tonight was their night to choose to be offended! God knows how they read the thread and don't have a meltdown everyday. The context of my post which I even explained to the poster was just to highlight her role which is head of housekeeping.I used the phrase glorified cleaner just to emphasise that her job has limits. It was to ado a bit of colour to the post but I swear had no intention to be snobby to cleaners as I duly explained. I wanted to defend myself and explain myself whrn I was called a snob for saying that. I was merely saying in that context that her job doesn't give her access to certain things and in an employment if you overstep boundaries the employer has a right to discipline you.

The tone of my post as is usual was in jest of the show as is how this forum goes. The last thing I wanted was to drag the thread off that course so I clearly explained myself and on a few occasions asked both fin12 and CollyFlower to just move on but the latter kept at me.

So anyway sorry for my part but anybody with a bit of sense would see what the context and the intention of the post was and to be called a snob by a poster is ridiculous.

This is my last post on the matter and I suggest the last post on the whole silly issue. If not I'm out of this thread. I enjoy it but I can't deal with that cr@p.

Take care (most of you)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

They should make a soap out of this thread........:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

There are hundreds of things said on the thread that are a bit unnecessary and that's in keeping with the tone of the thread. A couple of posters just decided tonight was their night to choose to be offended! God knows how they read the thread and don't have a meltdown everyday. The context of my post which I even explained to the poster was just to highlight her role which is head of housekeeping.I used the phrase glorified cleaner just to emphasise that her job has limits. It was to ado a bit of colour to the post but I swear had no intention to be snobby to cleaners as I duly explained. I wanted to defend myself and explain myself whrn I was called a snob for saying that. I was merely saying in that context that her job doesn't give her access to certain things and in an employment if you overstep boundaries the employer has a right to discipline you.

The tone of my post as is usual was in jest of the show as is how this forum goes. The last thing I wanted was to drag the thread off that course so I clearly explained myself and on a few occasions asked both fin12 and CollyFlower to just move on but the latter kept at me.

So anyway sorry for my part but anybody with a bit of sense would see what the context and the intention of the post was and to be called a snob by a poster is ridiculous.

This is my last post on the matter and I suggest the last post on the whole silly issue. If not I'm out of this thread. I enjoy it but I can't deal with that cr@p.

Take care (most of you)

Talking Bread, All I did was disagree with you on whether Debbie should be snooping or not to get evidence that's it and to be honest you seem to be the one that has been most offended by the whole thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,377 ✭✭✭✭walshb

FFS, let it go.......😉

Now, where's Rocco?

missed the last episode can't be bothered watching someone catch me up please

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s95/fair-city/spoilers/a674301/heather-moves-out-of-bobs-place.html#~psgwJ3Qnp3cVmX

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭VickieVexed1

Nina, Sash, Laura. Sash, Laura, Nina. Laura, Sash, Nina.

Dan casting furtive glances at Sally, who constantly has to rush off to take a phone call from Rocco/meet Rocco/discuss things with Rocco.

And there you have it, tajd. You missed nothing! :)

Do the 'writers' actually get paid, or just get a slice of quiche and a banana from the RTE canteen once a week?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

Says it all. Nina Sash etc just seems to be a time filler. Endless maybe maybe nots. Trouble is you stop caring. Laura makes a great stand against Nina one minute "too many people fought for this" etc and within an episode or two backs down. You stop believing.

Anyone think that Fair City has jumped the shark?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Hitchens wrote: »
    Anyone think that Fair City has jumped the shark?

Isn't this year the 26th anniversary of fair city jumping the shark?

• Advertisement

Isn't this year the 26th anniversary of fair city jumping the shark?

:D

Nina, Sash, Laura. Sash, Laura, Nina. Laura, Sash, Nina.

Dan casting furtive glances at Sally, who constantly has to rush off to take a phone call from Rocco/meet Rocco/discuss things with Rocco.

And there you have it, tajd. You missed nothing! :)

Do the 'writers' actually get paid, or just get a slice of quiche and a banana from the RTE canteen once a week?

Now that's a succinct summary. Bravo!

FFS, someone shoot either Sash, Nina or Laura!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

Who's the interior designer for the hotel? Hunter S Thomson?

does Tommy become invisible when he's lurking out in the hallway? :pac:

He's the dictionary definition of hanging around like a bad smell!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

He seems to think he does!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Nina has a full time job rotating between meeting Sash and Laura.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

walshb wrote: »
    FFS, someone shoot either Sash, Nina or Laura!
    Or all of them.

• Advertisement

ooohhh wooowwwwww!!!!! :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement