Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v5] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 56,370 ✭✭✭✭walshb

sligojoek wrote: »
    Or all of them.

No, just one of them for now. That rids us of one nonsense story. Baby steps.....

Then I reckon we move to find Rocco?

• Registered Users Posts: 86,785 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Dan offering to help Sally move to a new gaff, how exactly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

Ffs I was looking forward to Nina getting a major hair pulling from Sash. She could've tried harder to get a slap in:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 138 ✭✭Patrick Wheelock

Nina, Sash and Laura will have a threesome in an 18-rated DVD-only spin-off.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,785 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is Jackie not manager anymore so Cathal is?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,181 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Nina, Sash and Laura will have a threesome in an 18-rated DVD-only spin-off.

You are right. Here's the IMDB entry.

Fair City - Finger on the pulse.

Plot: Nothing much happens

This cheaply produced spin off from the RTE soap, Fair City, was released on DVD in December 2015. It features 3 lesbian characters trapped in a triangle of love, hatred and lots of repetitive dialogue. RTE executives decided not to broadcast this special due to the one gratuitous sex scene that depicted all three charcaters in the same bed, having the same argument while attempting to demonstrate who could make the other cum first. While tastefully shot, Montrose decided that it was too "dramatic" for primetime TV and a Christmas DVD release was the better option in an effort to generate revenue so that Orla and Wayne could exhaust their storyline throughout 2016.

User Review: I love Fair City, but this was a step too far. I bought the DVD for my mother who is a massive fan. We had hoped that the story about the lezzies would lead somewhere, but we were shocked by the bedroom scene. It was just like the same oul ****e in McCoys and Vinos except for the shots of "intimacy". While I enjoyed these lassies gettin it on, my Mammy was very disappointed by the lack of "conclusion" and even said that a man would have finished all three of them off along with the storyline. I was shocked that my Mammy would get so engrossed in all of this. I emailed Liveline because mailbag isn't on telly anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Eh........ok....... There is a lot of pent up hormonal excitement on this thread I see. Personally this Nina Sasha Laura story is actually genuinely the worst fortnight of writing FC has seen and it's gone beyond a joke now. I was sure either Sasha or Laura or boboth were just planning a revenge plot against her but the absurdity of these ridiculous repetitive scenes is gone far past even a joke now, isn't it. I mean what Nina is doing is verging on psychopathic? And how the other two are buying her lies is pure mental. It makes no sense. And Laura saying she can't live without her? And Sasha not realising what an evil vindictive sociopathic liar she is after spending a year and a had in jail for her. Why did she even do it. What sort of career does she actually have going to and fro from The Station to Laura house making promises and begging for forgiveness 7 or 8 times a day. It's not as if Nina is some big catch. She has shown time and time again how sinister and unlikeable she is. No charm, no morals, no honesty and she hasn't half the looks both laura and Sasha have.

It is shocking writing and you can see the influence that Kane guy from H and A has on the show with these constant love triangles that go on and on and on.

And on.

And on.

AND FKKKKKKKKKNN ON.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 138 ✭✭Patrick Wheelock

Just give me five minutes.

Repeat.

Repeat.

From one to the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Foggy Jew

So, whats the story with Heather? She was whingeing to her Ma about her drug-addicted, alcohol-raddled husband - then she got mixed up & the viewing public (that's us!!) got a little hint (!) that maybe the problem is not with the husband at all.... Of course the little hint went straight over Renee's head. As per.

It's the bally ballyness of it that makes it all seem so bally bally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Foggy Jew wrote: »
    So, whats the story with Heather? She was whingeing to her Ma about her drug-addicted, alcohol-raddled husband - then she got mixed up & the viewing public (that's us!!) got a little hint (!) that maybe the problem is not with the husband at all.... Of course the little hint went straight over Renee's head. As per.

Sounds like a rehash of the stay out of mallow storyline. Can't remember either characters name!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Sounds like a rehash of the stay out of mallow storyline. Can't remember either characters name!

Oh come on, how could you forget the dashing Cloooooooor? And Nicola, of course!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is Jackie not manager anymore so Cathal is?

Was wondering the same. What exactly DOES Jackie do there? Could Debbie not confide her suspicions about Cathal to her?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

^^^^^^^^^^^

She did already. Jackie had a kind of lightbulb moment. She hasn't been seen since.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

sligojoek wrote: »
    ^^^^^^^^^^^

She did already. Jackie had a kind of lightbulb moment. She hasn't been seen since.

Did not see that......it must have been in one of the scenes I fast forwarded!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

If you blinked you'd have missed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Unrelated, I know, but is anyone else having trouble trying to watch FC on RTE Player?

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

brooke 2 wrote: »
    . What exactly DOES Jackie do there? Could Debbie not confide her suspicions about Cathal to her?
    Didn't Paul and Happy-Face take Jackie on as PR consultant and troubleshooter only a few weeks ago?
    You know, to help them run
    the hugely successful three- roomed hostel that caters for singles, married couples and even families.
    It's going so well that Smiley, Paul, or What'shisface hasn't even had time to appear in an episode for the past fortnight.

coolhull wrote: »
    Unrelated, I know, but is anyone else having trouble trying to watch FC on RTE Player?

Don't worry. Anything that was said last night will be repeated tonight. And Thursday night also.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I watched it yesterday on the player and it was fine, but it did freeze a small bit the same with Eastenders on the player.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,897 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Yes....I tried to watch it late last night and it wouldn't work at all.

I don't believe this is happening again. Another"I just want to explain"

Are they taking the piss out of us??????

This is actually mental scriptwriting??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭Shakyfan

Are they just re_running last night's episode?

Wait for it.......

"Laura...I just want five minutes to explain"

It's coming

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

5 Minutes she has...

@!@!!!!

My god this is absurd!!!

5 minutes Nina....

I actually want to get my hands on the script for the last 3 weeks. It is crazy sh1t.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,085 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,085 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

That **** is what makes FC so watchable.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement