Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v5] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,525 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Strazdas wrote: »
    I thought the scene where Orla was aggressive with Dr. Jim a few days ago was very unrealistic. He examined the child, explained what the possible reasons for the hearing loss could be, wrote him out antibiotics and arranged an appointment with a consultant and yet Orla was still snapping at him.

Didn't she go over to him in Vinos last night as well. Started out normal and within a few seconds she almost took his head off? WTF are the writers thinking?

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

walshb wrote: »
    Didn't she go over to him in Vinos last night as well. Started out normal and within a few seconds she almost took his head off? WTF are the writers thinking?

I find it strange that doctors drink in the local pub, and go to the local chip shop to eat.
    No doctor in my area ever does that, naturally because they want to be left alone when off duty.
    Of course Jim has no qualms about stuff like that. Last night he even made a house call to check on Junior, who lives three doors down from the clinic.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,546 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

I think they're trying to illustrate that Orla (and Wayne) are competely freaked out by the idea of "Junior" being potentially deaf, but it seems very unrealistic that they would be aggressive towards people who are trying to help them.

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭dogcat

WTF are the writers thinking?
    That's what we all say!

Strazdas wrote: »
    I think they're trying to illustrate that Orla (and Wayne) are competely freaked out by the idea of "Junior" being potentially deaf, but it seems very unrealistic that they would be aggressive towards people who are trying to help them.

Going the arse way about it. It doesn't even add to the scenes, just makes them ridiculously unrealistic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Beechfiled

Where did Dr Jim live before he started in the practice, how come he never bumped into Bob before, he must only live around corner cause he spends his every spare minute going from one place to another eating and drinking, even on a Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭morebabies

I'm finding dean's hair very distracting, in fact I can't even follow his storyline it's so in your face. And Paula with her two tone hair aswell, it's all too much.

Sorry what? Dr. Jim is now holding clinics in the children's playground. Doctor on the beat.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Dr Jim seeing patients in the park now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

morebabies wrote: »
    I'm finding dean's hair very distracting

What is going on with it? Just saw it there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,061 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Lol @Dr Jim looking after patients in the park now.

• Advertisement

Is he bare knuckle fighting?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

What's Dean really at? Owes money to somebody?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,546 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

morebabies wrote: »
    I'm finding dean's hair very distracting, in fact I can't even follow his storyline it's so in your face. And Paula with her two tone hair aswell, it's all too much.

Sorry what? Dr. Jim is now holding clinics in the children's playground. Doctor on the beat.

Dean must have been dyeing his hair for years. You couldn't possibly go grey like that in the space of 12 months or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

zoobizoo wrote: »
    What is going on with it? Just saw it there.

He's a ginger with his head dyed grey, and his beard dyed black. With the copper roots coming through. Very unusual looking.

What's going on with guarda Frank's ears?

Jim will soon need a stand-in for the surgery.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Beechfiled

Deans hair was dyed off his head before, even his scalp was the same colour as his hair.

Leo's woman is a bit of a bitch......

That baby unit is the same set where the two bed were they just moved the bed's & Dolores chair is there form the other day.

Paula some check talking about Dean following defrauding the state and there was no follow up from that without the social want to know why an old lady is not taking her pension

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Maybe the actor playing Dean is acting in a play at the moment or something and needs the hair grey.
    Unfortunate that he actually looks older then Leo now.
    No waiting around in the A&E of that hospital Nice to see the usual ward with a lick of yellow paint. They must have shipped Dan out to a trolley on the corridor to make room for Junior

Jaysus, I wouldn't want to be in Jim's shoes when Orla meets him again.

• Advertisement

I'm confused. Did Rachel not tell Paul that Charlotte took the money and framed Callum? And if not, why?:rolleyes: She said to mumbles at the end "what good would that do?"

As for Dean. Close your eyes. Who does he remind you of when he speaks?

I'm confused. Did Rachel not tell Paul that Charlotte took the money and framed Callum? And if not, why?:rolleyes: She said to mumbles at the end "what good would that do?"

As for Dean. Close your eyes. Who does he remind you of when he speaks?

Batman?

Do;ores : ''Ah, Orla! And how's my little grandson?

Orla : ''Sorry, I don't know anything about your grandson, but mine and Tommy's child is grand, thanks.''

Can we make a list where Dr Jim is seeing patients besides the surgery its hilarious

1. McCoy's
    2. The Park
    3. Spar
    4. The Street

Wonder if he still charges them 60 Euro :pac:

Can we make a list where Dr Jim is seeing patients besides the surgery its hilarious

1. McCoy's
    2. The Park
    3. Spar
    4. The Street

The Hungry Pig

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

It's only a letter of time until Dr Jim pops into the 'Helping Hand' with a bag of old undies and he'll start diagnosing all and sundry. Jo might even get the idea of Dr Jim running a drop in health centre for the patrons if the shelter.

Updated List

Dr Jim is seeing patients in the following places

1. McCoy's
    2. The Park
    3. Spar
    4. The Street
    5. The Hungry Pig

1. McCoy's
    2. The Park
    3. Spar
    4. The Street

Jim to Dean : ''You're my patient''

WTF, he only came back to Carrigstown yesterday. :eek:

Maybe that's how a doctor gets patients. Go to the park, the pub or the chip-shop, carrying your medical bag. If you come across anyone who looks even slightly off-colour, tell them to whip off their top and examine them there and then. Straightaway, you've got yourself a new patient.
    Everyone's a winner!

i dont think i can watch this again tomorrow night if Junior is getting worse. Its ridiculous over the top acting. Orla is a mess and its worse case scenario all the way!
    I spent many months in hospital with a child with cancer and the one thing you always have is hope. Not hysterical agression and melt downs. He only has an ear infection. My other daughter had grommets 5 times! Get over it!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement