Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v5] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,181 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

coolhull wrote: »
    I'm getting exactly the same message. I emailed RTE,and hey were courteous enough to reply,saying they have '' issues''with the Player.
    But if that's the case,why isn't everybody else having the same trouble?

I'll stack up the episodes until they fix it and stop reading this thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Grandeeod wrote: »
    I'll stack up the episodes until they fix it and stop reading this thread!

No,this thread gives me an idea of what's going on in FC.
    In other words, different night, same ould sh1te.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

I'm getting exactly the same message. I emailed RTE,and hey were courteous enough to reply,saying they have '' issues''with the Player.
    But if that's the case,why isn't everybody else having the same trouble?

Dunno if you use the app at all, but everything is playing grand on it for me.

Dunno if you use the app at all, but everything is playing grand on it for me.

I don't want to hold up the thread, but could you tell me about this app? Does it only work on phones?

I don't want to hold up the thread, but could you tell me about this app? Does it only work on phones?

Nope, I use it on my android. Just called RTE Player app, should be in the play store.

EDIT: Thought you said iphones. I know it works on tablets too.

• Advertisement

Nope, I use it on my android. Just called RTE Player app, should be in the play store.

EDIT: Thought you said iphones. I know it works on tablets too.

Sorry, I should have said I'm using my laptop to watch the Player. Can I uninstall it and re-install it again?

Again,sorry, folks, for derailing the thread

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I just tried it on the laptop and it's fine (except for all the ads) from the rte site. I dont have the app.

Sorry, I should have said I'm using my laptop to watch the Player. Can I uninstall it and re-install it again?

Again,sorry, folks, for derailing the thread

You can't uninstall/reinstall on the player because it's just a website as opposed to software. I just tried to play tonight's episode on chrome and firefox there and had no problem, so not sure what the issue is. Clearing your cookies/cache might help?
    sligojoek wrote: »
    I just tried it on the laptop and it's fine (except for all the ads) from the rte site. I dont have the app.

Adblock is your friend ;)

You can't uninstall/reinstall on the player because it's just a website as opposed to software. I just tried to play tonight's episode on chrome and firefox there and had no problem, so not sure what the issue is. Clearing your cookies/cache might help?

Adblock is your friend ;)
    I have adblock but I have to whitelist RTE before I can use the player. I dont mind cos I only use it once in a blue moon. I've 2 TVs and a Saorview box that all record to USB sticks. Which is all very fine if you know something is coming up. If I have to use Player I just tolerate the ads. In faan ideal world RTE should let you type in your licence number to byppass the ads. I can't see that happening any time soon.

sligojoek wrote: »
    I have adblock but I have to whitelist RTE before I can use the player. I dont mind cos I only use it once in a blue moon. I've 2 TVs and a Saorview box that all record to USB sticks. Which is all very fine if you know something is coming up. If I have to use Player I just tolerate the ads. In faan ideal world RTE should let you type in your licence number to byppass the ads. I can't see that happening any time soon.

I must have some glitch in mine because the player plays fine for me with adblock plus, skipping all ads...damn, I hope they don't figure it out.

• Advertisement

I must have some glitch in mine because the player plays fine for me with adblock plus, skipping all ads...damn, I hope they don't figure it out.
    Yea that's strange. It used to work fine but one day I got a pop-up saying they knew I was using adblock and to disable it for RTE. I'll try blacklisting it again tomorrow. As I said, for the rare time I use it it's not really an issue but if I needed it every day I'd be looking for a workaround.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,897 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

SO what is Heather up to?

I think she's just a skiver and a layabout who wants a cushy life.

She's clearly lying about Brazil and about her real reasons for leaving there ie. her claims that Brendan is an alcoholic who doesn't give a damn about Ellie.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,358 ✭✭✭✭walshb

And Rocco wasn't there for that either!

Exactly.........where is Rocco?:D

Sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭Hitchens

walshb wrote: »
    Exactly.........where is Rocco?:D

Sorry!

Is Rocco as good an actor as the bell was?

Am I the only one who thinks that Charlotte could actually pass as Ninas younger sister or daughter? They actually look alike

Completely different noses! One refined and pointed, one very snub and broad! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Is Tommy using the attic in the hotel for his surveillance equipment?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Oh Tommy

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭laylag

I saw the actor who plays the hotel manager in Charlestown on Sunday getting a bun in the bakery. I was half waiting for Tommy to sidle up to me when he left to see what he was up to....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

As soon as tommy says 'I have a few things to do first' you know there's trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,897 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

laylag wrote: »
    I saw the actor who plays the hotel manager in Charlestown on Sunday getting a bun in the bakery. I was half waiting for Tommy to sidle up to me when he left to see what he was up to....

I saw him in town a couple of weeks ago too. He's definitely not a suits man in real life.....very casual with jeans and a black leather jacket on :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

So Dan has been like a bulldog chewing on a wasp for the last few weeks because he likes Sally and she is with Mr Rocco, she tells him she likes him and he was even going to get the oul shift and suddenly he's playing hard to get.

And another thing, why is he listening to relationship advice from the ex who dumped him for his best friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

So Dan has been like a bulldog chewing on a wasp for the last few weeks because he likes Sally and she is with Mr Rocco, she tells him she likes him and he was even going to get the oul shift and suddenly he's playing hard to get.

This exact storyline happens for every.single.new.relationship in carrigstown.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

ya and the whole Dan/Sally thing is going to get even more annoying
    Dean tries to or does kiss Sally

Has he even ever spoken to Sally???

How can I put emijos into my post when I'm not replying to someone?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,085 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

fin12 wrote: »
    ya and the whole Dan/Sally thing is going to get even more annoying
    Dean tries to or does kiss Sally

Has he even ever spoken to Sally???

How can I put emijos into my post when I'm not replying to someone?

Wasn't Dean on the basketball team, I assume they spoke then.

You have to type the emijos in manually, like : and ) for a smile, you'll have to do it twice as I noticed you like to use two. ;)

Wasn't Dean on the basketball team, I assume they spoke then.

You have to type the emijos in manually, like : and ) for a smile, you'll have to do it twice as I noticed you like to use two. ;)

Oh ok thanks Colly, oh I completely forgot that Dean was on the basketball team, it seems so random though, him and Sally!!!!!!:):)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,085 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Isn't Dean with the skinny one (can't remember her name) from the Bistro?

Isn't Dean with the skinny one (can't remember her name) from the Bistro?

No Louise, she's supposed to be with Michael.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 PINKYLEP

Fair play to hughie that he's not letting yer wan walk all over him. what's she up to? prob online gambling??

This exact storyline happens for every.single.new.relationship in carrigstownSummer Bay.
    FYP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭laylag

Heathers crazed smile haunts my dreams...seriously she looks mental. Wonder is that her real smile or just done for the character?.....I think I may need to get out more.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement