Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v5] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,896 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

I had FC recorded and watched it later last night . Thank God!
    I was nearly screaming at the TV. Every time Decco,Charlene or Sash opened the door Nina was there .....asking for" just 5 minutes to explain everything"

I mean really .....how many times did this happen??? Then Sash started going around to wherever it was to meet Nina and warn her off ! Then Nina came back for another 5 minutes ! Last week it was "just 5 minutes" with Laura !!! Every single time they met. Do they live outside each other's doors?? Do they not have phones???

I have had a few difficult breakups and after the initial "face to face" it was all phones !! You simply don't want to keep seeing each other and would cross the street to a avoid each other .

Anyway thank God for SkyPlus ....... After the Ad break I just played fast forward anytime I saw them together . Unbelievable repetitive boring stuff . Why do FC do this with every single story ...... Flog it to death ??

Are we to assume that Nina is a complete sociopath? She has gone backwards and forwards between Laura and Sash this week telling them that she loves them and wants to be with them.

wait so why was Lois Lane kissing Sash if she loves Laura again?

• Registered Users Posts: 56,356 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Is it even worth deciphering?

It makes the Dan-Caddle-Yvonne story look like a 6 year old's math puzzle.

Can we now add in Sallly-Dan-Dean into the mix?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Because she's terrified of prison me thinks....and sash is falling for it!!

But Sash said she would bring Nina down *only* if she refused to stop investigating the Paddy Bishop story.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭Hitchens

I have had a few difficult breakups and after the initial "face to face" it was all phones !!
    is that a euphemism? :pac:

Hitchens wrote: »
    is that a euphemism? :pac:

Are you thinking about lesbians again Hitchens :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Crazy Christ

Strazdas wrote: »
    But Sash said she would bring Nina down *only* if she refused to stop investigating the Paddy Bishop story.

Nina should be grateful to Sash for going down on her-sorry for her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

but do the rules of double jeapordy not apply re Nina. Surely the gardai are not going to believe Sasha Bishop if she went to them and claimed she took the wrap for a ride. And why would they even care now someone has done the time. Morals are one thing the garda shikolony are lacking

so ridiculous.

but do the rules of double jeapordy not apply re Nina. Surely the gardai are not going to believe Sasha Bishop if she went to them and claimed she took the wrap for a ride. And why would they even care now someone has done the time. Morals are one thing the garda shikolony are lacking

so ridiculous.

That's true alright, unless sash has some kind of evidence against Nina. However fair city rules know no bounds...

• Advertisement

so ridiculous.

Ditto with Nina's one woman investigation into the Paddy Bishop murder / manslaughter. I'm not sure anyone would even be interested at this stage and it's a bit odd that she's investigating the case almost as if she is a private detective. To what end is far from clear : even if she found 'evidence' she could hardly publish it, it isn't the role of a newspaper to publicly accuse a private citizen of murder when the Gardai aren't even investigating the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

The Nina / Sash incident happened in England. Sash served her sentence after a transfer to Montjoy. The The guards have no business investigating it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,181 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Can't read the thread. Just got the player working. Im only on Tuesday night!!!

Will I be wasting my night???

• Registered Users Posts: 86,781 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Decco looking for Sash, Charlotte and Nina at the Ballantine Lodge Hotel really just so he could see Flynn with Cathal I presume

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Decco looking for Sash, Charlotte and Nina at the Ballantine Lodge Hotel really just so he could see Flynn with Cathal I presume

That was the intention. I wonder what Cathal is to Flynn. Son, nephew, or someone akin to Andrew the dentist in Love/Hate? Whatever way, Cathal is working for and controlled by Flynn. He seems to be using the hotel to set up some of Flynn's business entities (presumably, a base for prostitutes) and also to launder money.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Another mystery for ye: when is Tommy in court for stalking Judith and shooting Bob?

That was the intention. I wonder what Cathal is to Flynn. Son, nephew, or someone akin to Andrew the dentist in Love/Hate? Whatever way, Cathal is working for and controlled by Flynn. He seems to be using the hotel to set up some of Flynn's business entities (presumably, a base for prostitutes) and also to launder money.
    Pretty sure the Mirror said that Cathal was Flynn's son

STIG83 wrote: »
    Another mystery for ye: when is Tommy in court for stalking Judith and shooting Bob?

I thought that was all done, Tommy was sent to looney bin and then released

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Cathal to Stripey : "We're in the meeting room. Bring us a couple of steaks, will ya?"

Stripey " Of course"

Being the efficient housekeeper/receptionist /waitress that she is, no need to ask how they like their steaks done, whether they like mushrooms, onions, or chips.
    But it doesn't matter anyway, because three minutes later she planks a salad down in front of them, and nobody bats an eye.
    "I brought you some beers, too"
    "I like her" says Flynn, (who never saw her before in his life) "she shows initiative"

Yeah, but not enough initiative to enquire what kind of beer they like, or if a bit of lettuce and tomato is a substitute for a sirloin steak.
    But Flynn was impressed, and so we know where the 'plot' goes from here

coolhull wrote: »
    Cathal to Stripey : "We're in the meeting room. Bring us a couple of steaks, will ya?"

Stripey " Of course"

Being the efficient housekeeper/receptionist /waitress that she is, no need to ask how they like their steaks done, whether they like mushrooms, onions, or chips.
    But it doesn't matter anyway, because three minutes later she planks a salad down in front of them, and nobody bats an eye.
    "I brought you some beers, too"
    "I like her" says Flynn, (who never saw her before in his life) "she shows initiative"

Yeah, but not enough initiative to enquire what kind of beer they like, or if a bit of lettuce and tomato is a substitute for a sirloin steak.
    But Flynn was impressed, and so we know where the 'plot' goes from here

Was there even steaks on the plate, I saw only salad and chips

• Advertisement

Ah, the Ballintine Hotel. Quite possibly the quietest hotel on earth. Sure isn't that what people book into hotels for, to get away from it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭Hitchens

What exactly is Tommy's job description...........'lurking in hallways'?

Hallway Lurker?

I think maintenance but Debbie is supposedly over accommodation but spends more time in reception

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭Pretzill

The only steak in the Ballintine is the stakeout Tommy is on! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

walshb wrote: »
    Ah, the Ballintine Hotel. Quite possibly the quietest hotel on earth. Sure isn't that what people book into hotels for, to get away from it all.

You can check into the ballintine,
    But you can never leave!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Was there even steaks on the plate, I saw only salad and chips

I came on to post the same thing! All I could see on the plates was a load of salad,basket of chips and a little pot of what looked like pepper sauce,presumably for the invisible steaks!
    Like,they are treating the audience like eejits! Why mention steaks at all if they weren't going to follow up on it,he could just as easily have said "drop us in some lunch" & everything would've worked out fine. Pointless stuff!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

I don't know how no one in Fair City caught Heather's mistake in saying Brazil is 4 hours ahead. Especially since it made her follow-up comment about Brendan not even being up yet nonsensical.

Sorry, I'm lost. Who's Nina in love with right now?

And why d fook is Cathal wasting so much time and energy and trust on someone who's clearly out to stick her nose in?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

I don't know how no one in Fair City caught Heather's mistake in saying Brazil is 4 hours ahead. Especially since it made her follow-up comment about Brendan not even being up yet nonsensical.

Logged on the check who else spotted it. Too lazy to do a retake I guess.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement