Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v5] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

I don't know how no one in Fair City caught Heather's mistake in saying Brazil is 4 hours ahead. Especially since it made her follow-up comment about Brendan not even being up yet nonsensical.

I noticed it, this show is complete nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭dogcat

I think this young un' is a new Charlotte Biship in the making

"But you promised!"
    "He'll only be having his lunch"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Can't actually watch it any more . Please tell me when Nina is gone. I said from day one she was a horrible individual. There was just something about her in those early days floating around a small street with a notepad trying to solve various murder cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,356 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Can't actually watch it any more . Please tell me when Nina is gone. I said from day one she was a horrible individual. There was just something about her in those early days floating around a small street with a notepad trying to solve various murder cases.

Don't be such a quitter. It's heating up, this love triangle....

As bad as the Nina story is I think this Ballantine comedy is worse.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭Hitchens

ah, I think Tommy is employed as the House Dick! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭dogcat

So if her dad is four hours behind he must work in a place where only 5% of the Brazilian population live, and is close to the Amazon #TheMoreYouKnow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

Hitchens wrote: »
    ah, I think Tommy is employed as the House Dick! :cool:

"Tommy Gumshoe"

"
    "So if her dad is four hours behind he must work in a place where only 5% of the Brazilian population live, and is close to the Amazon #TheMoreY"

Maybe she forgot to put her clock back the hour when she arrived home ��������

Surely What Sasha is doing is plotting revenge. SURELY. Otherwise this is completely absurd. No one is that naive and Sahara especially wouldn't suffer fools. And what exactly attracts them to Nina. She genuinely has no redeemable qualities. No empathy, morals, honesty, loyalty, love, respect, she hasn't got money and she isn't that good looking. It is simply atrocious writing. I'm really getting passed off with it!! How can it pass through an editing room???

Calm....deep breaths.. .

Just GIVEME FIVE MINUTES GUYS, I'll be grand after that ('; )ha!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭VickieVexed1

Oh dear God, I've watched some bad episodes of FC, but tonight's took the fig roll. I don't think I can take another second of Nina/Sash/Laura.

Poor Dean . First he's the new agony aunt(uncle) to the residents, then he's suddenly got the hots for the bould Sally. How cringeworthy was that attempted kiss?

I don't normally drink on a weeknight, but there's a vintage €3.99 bottle of Aldi wine chillin'....and after watching tonight's episode, I deserve every drop. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Wait till Tommy "the ram" Dillon finds out hotel is brothel

• Registered Users Posts: 86,781 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Everytime Tommy is on screen, I'm humming Magnum PI theme music, he needs a tash and hawaiian shirt

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Deano to Dan : ''When you found out that I kissed Sally, I was afraid you'd deck me''.............says the tough bare-knuckle boxer and cage -fighter to the man in the wheelchair for life.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

Dan to Dean - "I know you snogged her!"
    What is he,12?

Carol,Yvonne,Robbie,Bronagh,Sally,Rocco,Dean......Why do the writers insist on having Dan in all these ridiculous love triangles? It's hardly like he's the most eligible bachelor around or scintilating company! Almost as unbelievable as every lesbian in Carrigstown being infatuated with boring Nina. Please.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭VickieVexed1

coolhull wrote: »
    Deano to Dan : ''When you found out that I kissed Sally, I was afraid you'd deck me''.............says the tough bare-knuckle boxer and cage -fighter to the man in the wheelchair for life.

:D Love it.

Not to mention what Rocco's going to do to him. Shur, Rocco's the man.

rottenecard_16872258_428r4p6vqc.png

Where is Leo?? Or Ray. The latter hasn't had a story in 5 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Crazy Christ

Mister Bad Hotel Man's father is slowly transforming into Jimmy Savile

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Poor Debbie, she's a nervous wreck over that prick Cathal, hurry up and get some hard evidence on him Tommy!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

These Nina/Sash/ Laura - Dan/ Sally /Dean stories are all very well, but what I want to know is :

Is the Dolphin Pod quoted on the Stock Exchange yet?

Did Dermish and 72-year-old Zoe manage to visit Bin and the Two Mothers in America yet?

What's become of Garda Frank McGuire?

How is Hughie able to run the bar with no staff? Heather is busy typing hash and pound signs signs on her laptop.

If Kerri-Anne is Decco's girlfriend, where the hell is she and why is Decco shadowing Charlotte's every move?

Have Paul and Niamh had conjugal relations yet?

Is Orla finished snuffling for the moment?

Why does everyone do all their drinking in The Station and nowhere else this week? Is it a deliberate policy to spread their money around?

Where did Tommy learn all his technological skills? He gets a better reception on his CCTV monitor than I do on my television.

Is Doctor Big-Eyes and Nussie still in bed? And how does Nuss stick the cold in bed with nothing on her but her nursing uniform, her overcoat and her hooded jacket?

I toss and turn in bed every night, not knowing the answers to these mysteries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Crazy Christ

I can only answer a few of your questions.
    coolhull wrote: »
    These Nina/Sash/ Laura - Dan/ Sally /Dean stories are all very well, but what I want to know is :

Is the Dolphin Pod quoted on the Stock Exchange yet?

Since Paul owns the company, it's on the 'Stocky' Exchange

Did Dermish and 72-year-old Zoe manage to visit Bin and the Two Mothers in America yet?

Ben never made it to America, Jo tried to tell the pilot how to do his job and started haranguing him so much that he brought the plane down with the loss of 314 souls.

Have Paul and Niamh had conjugal relations yet?

They practice Tantric Sex so they've been at it for two weeks straight. The foreplay alone took four days and involved Paul dressing as a giant baby and shaving Niamh with a hedge trimmer.

Where did Tommy learn all his technological skills? He gets a better reception on his CCTV monitor than I do on my television.

He picked it all up online, though he mostly listens to music on his laptop

When you think about it Fair City has a large cast which means a huge payroll and all for nothing. Look at the likes of Neighbours and Home and Away. Both have considerably smaller cast. Yet if you just watched FC for three weeks or more you would think its just based on ten or eleven characters and the same repeated episode every day. The idea of block story telling is the worst thing you can do in a soap.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,896 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

dogcat wrote: »
    So if her dad is four hours behind he must work in a place where only 5% of the Brazilian population live, and is close to the Amazon #TheMoreYouKnow

I didn't realise myself that Rio is only two hours behind during our winter ie. because they've put their clocks forward to summer time and we've reverted to GMT.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Strazdas wrote: »
    I didn't realise myself that Rio is only two hours behind during our winter ie. because they've put their clocks forward to summer time and we've reverted to GMT.

Hmm. I don't think anyone at Fair City headquarters realised that either 6 weeks ago during filming ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

Hmm. I don't think anyone at Fair City headquarters realised that either 6 weeks ago during filming ;)

This is the crowd that had Hannah ( Zoe's sister )arrive an hour late for work when the clocks changed in the Autumn a few years back. A little maths should have stated that they have been an hour early.

walshb wrote: »
    Don't be such a quitter. It's heating up, this love triangle....

Are u for real? I'm sick to the back teeth of Nina and Sash and Laura....it's behind a joke now.

Fast forwarded through every scene last night .......which left about 4 minutes to watch .

Go Tommy......you're the man!!!!!!

Are u for real? I'm sick to the back teeth of Nina and Sash and Laura....it's behind a joke now.

Fast forwarded through every scene last night .......which left about 4 minutes to watch .

Go Tommy......you're the man!!!!!!

I'm not for real. It's a pathetic story.

Has anyone any possible explanation why Don Baker (Flynn) looks like a complete fooking tit? Is it Don insisting on those scooby doo glasses or the director?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,781 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Zoe's sister Kelly looks like Sally

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement