Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v5] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86,779 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Between 'voluptious Niamh' and 'Hawt Heather' for the boys, we need some eye candy soon for the gals. Where's the Barchanic lately?

Decco :o

• Registered Users Posts: 56,353 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Greasy knows Cathal all of 5 mins and spends most of it slating Cathal's business partner.

walshb wrote: »
    Mumbles is on the missing list...

Christmas is coming I'm sure there is trees that need to be light up

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Christmas is coming I'm sure there is trees that need to be light up

Yeh, and maybe Decco can light up Kerrianne, if he ever finds her.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,085 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Greasy knows Cathal all of 5 mins and spends most of it slating Cathal's business business partner....

Yeah, you don't bad_mouth people to a stranger, Robbie has a lot to learn.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Greasy knows Cathal all of 5 mins and spends most of it slating Cathal's business partner.

and the rest of the time defending the local crazy stalker guy!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭jos28

YOU JUST NEED FIVE MINUTES :D

Typical me - no patience !

I think Renee is the crazy one, she lived in Brazil with Heather, she must know what's going on with Heather and Brendan..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

Niamh's back with Paul about a week and already talking to carol about things going stale:)

Niamh's back with Paul about a week and already talking to carol about things going stale:)

I think she was talking retrospectively.

• Advertisement

Or, maybe prospectively. ;)

So lights out already if they were ever on for them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

I wonder how they didn't go for dinner in the Ballantine. It's the place to be for all the local movers and shakers:)

jos28 wrote: »
    Typical me - no patience !

its just a reference to the love triangle we dare not speak of !

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Between 'voluptious Niamh' and 'Hawt Heather' for the boys, we need some eye candy soon for the gals. Where's the Barchanic lately?

I used to love Dean but not now with the way his hair is.:):)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

Not alone does Robbie have a loads of good things to say about Tommy he has loads of bad things to say about Flynn. "Gangland"and "scum" being two ..

No mention of robbing neighbour's garages of their stock ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

desbrook wrote: »
    Not alone does Robbie have a loads of good things to say about Tommy he has loads of bad things to say about Flynn. "Gangland"and "scum" being two ..

No mention of robbing neighbour's garages of their stock ;)

Things are shaping up nicely. Robbie was introduced as a shadier character but ultimately was turned into a good guy so hopefully they don't do the same with Cathal (I could see the possible story that Cathal gets sick of fronting for his father and becomes good but turning good worked for Robbie who was in debt to Flynn and would not work the second time).

What would be good would be perhaps Cathal and Flynn getting in over their heads with people more dangerous than them thus kicking off some Billy Meehan meets Nidge storylines. They should not kill off Cathal too soon to facilitate another affair or pregnancy storyline whatever way they go!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

Where the hell is Jane?? Isn't she the manager of McCoys? Hasn't done much managing,in that she hasn't been seen near the place in weeks! Shouldn't she be doing the hiring & firing as opposed to Hughie? And Orla too,for someone who needed every shift she could get 2 weeks ago,she never seems to be at work now.....just Hughie walking around aimlessly and Heather staring maniacally into the middledistance. Weirdest pub ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

How does Robbie not know cathal ? Use'nt he be involved with "gangland".

Things escalated quickly tonight.

How has Carol not seen him in street before every time Tommy or stripey are outside cathal is there.

Hope they make use of cathal he's got great potential

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

dave1982 wrote: »
    How does Robbie not know cathal ? Use'nt he be involved with "gangland".

Things escalated quickly tonight.

How has Carol not seen him in street before every time Tommy or stripey are outside cathal is there.

Hope they make use of cathal he's got great potential

Cathal seems to have been absent for a long time. Perhaps in Spain or somewhere else in Ireland? Robbie, Decco and others were all ex gangland so his presence predates any of these. Decco is younger and Robbie was in Yugoslavia and other places at the time of Billy Meehan so that probably explains why only Carol knew of him. I am unsure if he actually featured or was referred to during that time? I only can remember Flynn himself in it along with an Arthur and Baz (who was some relation of the Bishops) and later on Sylvester Garrigan. There was a henchman called Mick who was there along with all these too. He lost a finger at one stage iirc.

We can assume Cathal Spillane is an assumed name at this stage?? Otherwise, Carol would have known the name?

• Advertisement

Carol was with Billy 'Mean' yet she seemed frightened of Cathal.

Cathal seems to have been absent for a long time. Perhaps in Spain or somewhere else in Ireland? Robbie, Decco and others were all ex gangland so his presence predates any of these. Decco is younger and Robbie was in Yugoslavia and other places at the time of Billy Meehan so that probably explains why only Carol knew of him. I am unsure if he actually featured or was referred to during that time? I only can remember Flynn himself in it along with an Arthur and Baz (who was some relation of the Bishops) and later on Sylvester Garrigan. There was a henchman called Mick who was there along with all these too. He lost a finger at one stage iirc.

We can assume Cathal Spillane is an assumed name at this stage?? Otherwise, Carol would have known the name?

this is fair city. dont overthink script or characters backstories. writers sure as hell dont

this is fair city. dont overthink script or characters backstories. writers sure as hell dont

That's why we need posters like BuilderPlumber, Coolhull and others who can decipher and fill us in. .... :)

Did anyone notice that the Dolphin Pod was between Debbies house and the Bistro?.. It looks like a 2 up 2 down, so how come they have 5 rooms? Coolhull?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

MelanieC wrote: »
    Where the hell is Jane?? Isn't she the manager of McCoys? Hasn't done much managing,in that she hasn't been seen near the place in weeks! Shouldn't she be doing the hiring & firing as opposed to Hughie? And Orla too,for someone who needed every shift she could get 2 weeks ago,she never seems to be at work now.....just Hughie walking around aimlessly and Heather staring maniacally into the middledistance. Weirdest pub ever.
    It's only a matter of time before Heather is appointed Manager and Jane is demoted to sourpuss behind the counter again. Heather is keeping the t-shirt warm for jane in the meantime.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

sligojoek wrote: »
    It's only a matter of time before Heather is appointed Manager and Jane is demoted to sourpuss behind the counter again. Heather is keeping the t-shirt warm for jane in the meantime.

Id love to see Jane boss Heather around, she's another one that wouldn't take any s**t from her.

dave1982 wrote: »

I was thinking, does Cathal live in the bins at the Spar? Every fooking morning he pops up from in and around them.....:rolleyes: It's either the bins he lives in, or the fake park behind the bins.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Hope we see a lot more of Niamh in her new guna!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,895 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Hitchens wrote: »
    Hope we see a lot more of Niamh in her new guna!

You seem more enthusiastic than Paul at any rate :D

• Advertisement

In fairness poor Tommy....

10509735_10205296434997337_2637663450889658186_n.jpg?oh=9b7f7693fecf792ceb31b8a1f9cea62b&oe=56BBC634

049_08dd65ea0b3d52b3c1addaa433673792d449287c.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement