Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v5] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 56,178 ✭✭✭✭walshb

FFS, Orla, he has a bloody ear infection. He's not Helen Keller!:rolleyes:

Ok, Dean is Kian Egan if you close your eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

i dont think i can watch this again tomorrow night if Junior is getting worse. Its ridiculous over the top acting. Orla is a mess and its worse case scenario all the way!
    I spent many months in hospital with a child with cancer and the one thing you always have is hope. Not hysterical agression and melt downs. He only has an ear infection. My other daughter had grommets 5 times! Get over it!
    Hope things worked out ok, sweetmaggie.

But anyway Li'l Wayne is going to be fine, he's in the miracle bed in the hospital, where everyone, from a cut finger to paralysis, always makes a total recovery :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Beechfiled

Did Dean know Jim was a doctor? Some randomer walks up to you in the park and asks you to pull up your shirt and you do.

walshb wrote: »
    Ok, Dean is Kian Egan if you close your eyes.

My mother did say he sounded like some guy from Westlife
    Beechfiled wrote: »
    Did Dean know Jim was a doctor? Some randomer walks up to you in the park and asks you to pull up your shirt and you do.

I think they were introduced in Spar by Leo. As for asking to pull up your shirt depends how hot he is :pac:

• Advertisement

walshb wrote: »
    Didn't she go over to him in Vinos last night as well. Started out normal and within a few seconds she almost took his head off? WTF are the writers thinking?[/QUOTE]

Thinking? Thinking? We've accused the 'writers' of a lot of things, but nobody ever accused them of 'thinking' before :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

They were introduced LAST NIGHT. As you will no doubt know in FC this means total trust/familiarity and whatever else is needed to allow a doctor to examine someome with a twinge in a public park and the person to allow themselves to be examined ...
    .. Bizarre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭chimmy chonga

Sounds like the Phoenix Park near the Pope's Cross!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,828 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    He's a ginger with his head dyed grey, and his beard dyed black. With the copper roots coming through. Very unusual looking.

Who in this world dyes their hair grey? That must be a first for a bloke :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

coolhull wrote: »
    Jim to Dean : ''You're my patient''

WTF, he only came back to Carrigstown yesterday. :eek:

Maybe that's how a doctor gets patients. Go to the park, the pub or the chip-shop, carrying your medical bag. If you come across anyone who looks even slightly off-colour, tell them to whip off their top and examine them there and then. Straightaway, you've got yourself a new patient.
    Everyone's a winner!

I didn't even see it tonight, but I'm laughing so much at all the comments. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,734 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Does Jim ever see any patients in his surgery?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Does Jim ever see any patients in his surgery?
    No, he leaves that to Ama.

Edit: She's busy dispensing advice in the salon, the pub and on the side of the street.

Why is it when Garda Maguire tries to talk to Kerri-ann the phone always rings

He is very sexy a bit of eye candy on FC is rare

Ah, tajd! Did you miss your last appointment with SpecSavers? :D

I've said it here before, but the thread is so much more entertaining than the programme :D! Ye are all on form tonight, that is for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

Updated List

Dr Jim is seeing patients in the following places

1. McCoy's
    2. The Park
    3. Spar
    4. The Street
    5. The Hungry Pig

Vinos.
    The hardware shop!

I'm sure he saw someone in his surgery one time too but that must've been a mistake,that's just crazy writing......

MelanieC wrote: »
    Vinos.
    The hardware shop!

I'm sure he saw someone in his surgery one time too but that must've been a mistake,that's just crazy writing......

Yes I think he did, but that person attending his surgery was a bit doddery. How could any sane person think that if they need medical attention the place to go to is the doctor's surgery? That's a crazy, mixed-up idea. Especially when there's a perfectly good supermarket, chip-shop, beauty salon, pub, children's playground and hardware store nearby.
    Go to the surgery to see a doctor? Sure, that's mad, Ted :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,574 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

There is no talk of Jims son coming to take over the practice at all now.

I have to put mute on when Orla appears, can't suffer her at all these past few days, and give the kid a name ffs instead of this "junior" rubbish.

Michael and Jane make a good couple.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,828 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

i dont think i can watch this again tomorrow night if Junior is getting worse. Its ridiculous over the top acting. Orla is a mess and its worse case scenario all the way!
    I spent many months in hospital with a child with cancer and the one thing you always have is hope. Not hysterical agression and melt downs. He only has an ear infection. My other daughter had grommets 5 times! Get over it!

And Wayne asking the doctor "What is the worst case scenario?" was rather bizarre.....shouldn't he be interested in the best case scenario?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

I think Charlotte is going to cause trouble between Jane and Michael now - she sees Michael chatting to Rachel on a park bench and will come up with some story to put a spanner in the works.

• Advertisement

He's the young Clark Kent from Superman, 1978!

sligojoek wrote: »
    No, he leaves that to Ama.

Edit: She's busy dispensing advice in the salon, the pub and on the side of the street.

:D
    Must be so handy, living there, you wouldn't ever have to go to the doctor's surgery at all.

Updated List

1. McCoy's
    2. The Park
    3. Spar
    4. The Street
    5. The Hungry Pig
    6. Vino's
    7. The Hardware Shop

coolhull wrote: »
    Ah, tajd! Did you miss your last appointment with SpecSavers? :D

This is me being dim here am I the only one who thinks he is attractive. I don't get the joke :o

Does Paul know that Charlotte took the money and framed Callum?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,085 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Updated List

1. McCoy's
    2. The Park
    3. Spar
    4. The Street
    5. The Hungry Pig
    6. Vino's
    7. The Hardware Shop

Has he done the community centre yet?... If not he'll be treating Bella, Charlie or Caz there next.

Has he done the community centre yet?... If not he'll be treating Bella, Charlie or Caz there next.
    -
    There are still a few places left. The Shelter? The hairdressers? The Credit Union? Has Pete got a shed out the back?
    Or even (and I know this is a crazy idea) he might try the doctors surgery. Only as a last resort, of course.
    But for the moment, McCoy's pub will do as the Centre of Medical Excellence.
    The government are even looking at McCoy's as a site for the new Children's Hospital. But its all very hush-hush still.
    Don't tell anyone!

Don't forget the main road outside RTE studios. The place you hitch lifts from. He's bound to be strolling by there before running into a cast member. Has he dispensed medical advice in the darkest park in Europe yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭CorkyLFC

Dr Jim can't even enjoy a nice Sunday without being hassled to give an opinion or to open the surgery for someone.

Think its 3 or 4 Sundays on the spin that he's not been able to relax.

Sort out your own problems Wayne and Orla!!!

• Advertisement

CorkyLFC wrote: »
    Dr Jim can't even enjoy a nice Sunday without being hassled to give an opinion or to open the surgery for someone.

Think its 3 or 4 Sundays on the spin that he's not been able to relax.

Sort out your own problems Wayne and Orla!!!

And Dean can't enjoy a public workout without a medical diagnosis being flung in his face!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement