Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v5] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭waterlesshouse

jos28 wrote: »
    Who was minding Ruthie while all this was going on ? I thought Rachel was there to babysit :confused:

Grandad Cass was babysitter of choice that night. Convenient.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Yes, as someone already said, last night’s episode was ridiculous, but tonight’s was pure farce.
    I mean, where do I even start?

At the beginning is probably the best place to start........

Scene One - - The Station........

Caddle, who usually has difficulty recognising her own son, has no trouble spotting Flynn’s reflection in her tiny make-up mirror

Waving his shiny little gun around, Flynn orders Caddle : ''Caro,l tell me what the cops have on me’’
    Caddle :''Yeh righ', Flynn, because senior Gardai always discuss all their ongoing cases with me, a bar-tending taxi-cab owner. Sure everyone knows that.''

Flynn : ‘’If I’m going to prison, I want to know what for’'
    Carol : ''Sure a' course ya do, Flynn. Will ya relax? Generally when a judge imposes a prison sentence, he has enough integrity to actually inform the defendant as to the reasons for his decision. So I'd say you'll hear something soon, righ 'enough.''

Greasy to Paul :’’ What kept youse upstairs?’’
    Paul : ‘’Well, Niamh had a bit of a headache, so I gave her a touch of the ould Penis Phensic, and she’s feeling a good bit better now’’

Scene Two - –The Hotel basement

Cathal comes down the steps, carrying what looks suspiciously like Spar deli chicken nuggets and chips, and offers them to Stripey like it's a Chicken Vindaloo with all the trimmings
    ‘’ I brought you something to eat.’’
    Stripey : ‘’That’s awfully decent of you, sweetie, but I may have some difficulty with it, considering that both my hands are tied to this pipe. Besides, you forgot the curry sauce.... And please, Cathal, think of the children. Little Stripey is still so young, she can’t manage without her Mammy .....’’
    Eh, Stripey, this may come as a shock to you, but Wee Stripey is eighteen now, she went on holidays to Greece last July and hasn’t made her way back home yet. She may even be the new Greek Finance Minister by now. So, yeah, I’m sure she’ll survive for one night without you.

Scene Three -- The Station again...........

Paul, talking about the armed psychopath who's waving a gun around like some Jihadi madman : '' Robbie, you know him, is he dangerous?''
    '' What? Dangerous? Naw, sure he never goes anywhere without that ould gun yoke. I think he carries it around as a sort of comforts blanket.''

Flynn, behind the bar counter : ‘’Yo, Redhead, get over here!’’
    Niamh, probably the only flame-haired woman in Carrigstown, looks enquiringly at her three companions, the completely bald ex- husband, the brunette slapper, and the greasy-headed bookie/publican.
    ‘’Is it me he’s calling? Is he talking to me?

.........Curtain Falls ............

END OF ACT ONE (commercial break)

to be continued........ maybe, sometime ........:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Ahh, but Robbie has enough injuries already, and I think Pierce just want home to bed......... It's gas, the way FC have two hostage situations going on simulations.

I dont know, for some reason I dont think he's gone home, I think he might be going around the back or something, I just think somebody at least has to get shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭waterlesshouse

Ahh, but Robbie has enough injuries already, and I think Pierce just want home to bed......... It's gas, the way FC have two hostage situations going on simulations.

Its just very clever scriptwriting...........by the scriptwriters. very very clever. They were on top form that day. For Sure. .:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 86,778 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Roll on Sunday how sad I'm excited for it :o

• Advertisement

I dont get it, why cant Flynn get through to his son, did Flynn even try to ring Cathal's phone or why hasn't Cathal rang Flynn telling him about Debbie and what he's supposed to do with her????????????????????????????

fin12 wrote: »
    I dont get it, why cant Flynn get through to his son, did Flynn even try to ring Cathal's phone or why hasn't Cathal rang Flynn telling him about Debbie and what he's supposed to do with her????????????????????????????

No coverage in basement, must be a Three customer :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,085 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

fin12 wrote: »

There's no signal in the basement..... There is a landline connection but, who knows, too many people trying to book accommodation or too many FC writers in there ?.?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭Pretzill

So Flynn decides to confront Carol as he thinks it's her that ratted him to the police...after a kiss of his miraculous medal he arrives in the station somehow knowing Carol would be there...not home with Jack...(but is she ever home with Jack, so fair play)

He pulls a gun on her and Robbie and then Paul & Niamh cos Paul gets uppity with him. Let's redser duct tape their hands, including her own which isn't easy, and without any fear shown outwardly by the four hostages.

They are almost willing - Stockholm syndrome sets in immediately and Robbie hatches a plan that Flynn actually believes - it's so off the wall to be true - never mind he had two attempts to ring the gaurds but failed. Now it is a stand off. A dying man against four half cut willing victims and then a fifth wanders in expecting a lock in and is prooved right, in a way.

Meanwhile Flynn's son is busy getting rid of bags and bags of fifties with the scarecrow from the wizard of oz tied to some dodgy piping and hidden behind a filing cabinet where not even the shrewd Ram could see her.

So what will happen next in this 'let's make-it-up as we go along story line?

Carol swivels the chair loosening the longest phone wire ever made and alerts Rachel's boyfriend who is still outside skyping Sydney.

He breaks the door down whilst Flynn is standing on the other side and flattens him - all that's left is Bono's shades intact - the five are free!

But Cathal panics, leaving Stripey attached to the Ballintine plumbing, he abscounds - with two black plastic sacks of fifty euro notes - never to be seen again (like most of the cast on occasion )

Will Gripey find Stripey? Or will she perish as dot dot dot.

(What Coolhull said, really)

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

fair%20city%204.jpg

Greetings from

The Carrigstown Abduction Company Ltd

Thank you for taking the time to read these instructions. ''Your safety is our Business''
    5 tips that you should always adhere to if you intend to abduct a meddling busybody on your own premises.
    Please read carefully. Do not dispose of these instructions, you may wish to peruse them at your leisure at a future date

#1.. Always bring your hostage to the cellar of the place where you live/work. No law-enforcement officer has ever been known to check this area.

#2.. In the unlikely event that someone should approach you whilst you are carrying out your task, look for some item of furniture you can use as an aid to concealment. A woodworm-eaten filing cabinet will usually meet the needs of even the most determined hostage-taker. (See *Fig 1)

#3 .. Holding your victim gently by the elbow, squat down beside the cabinet so that that only the top of your head and the toecaps of your shoes can be seen. (Fig *1b)

#4 .. To avoid detection, it is recommended that the item of furniture that conceals you should be no more than 18 inches from the person you wish to evade.

#5 .. Finally, we suggest that you wear a brightly - coloured suit and highly polished shoes to aid your concealment from even the most prying eyes

We wish you many years of happy kidnapping, and hope that you found our advice helpful.

Good luck!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,475 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

What app did Rachel use to find out where Niamh's phone was?

Tinder

• Registered Users Posts: 56,346 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Can we wrap this mess of an episode into one simple sentence? FC just cannot do tense!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

coolhull wrote: »
    Yes, as someone already said, last night’s episode was ridiculous, but tonight’s was pure farce.
    I mean, where do I even start?

At the beginning is probably the best place to start........

Scene One - - The Station........

Caddle, who usually has difficulty recognising her own son, has no trouble spotting Flynn’s reflection in her tiny make-up mirror

Waving his shiny little gun around, Flynn orders Caddle : ''Caro,l tell me what the cops have on me’’
    Caddle :''Yeh righ', Flynn, because senior Gardai always discuss all their ongoing cases with me, a bar-tending taxi-cab owner. Sure everyone knows that.''

Flynn : ‘’If I’m going to prison, I want to know what for’'
    Carol : ''Sure a' course ya do, Flynn. Will ya relax? Generally when a judge imposes a prison sentence, he has enough integrity to actually inform the defendant as to the reasons for his decision. So I'd say you'll hear something soon, righ 'enough.''

Greasy to Paul :’’ What kept youse upstairs?’’
    Paul : ‘’Well, Niamh had a bit of a headache, so I gave her a touch of the ould Penis Phensic, and she’s feeling a good bit better now’’

Scene Two - –The Hotel basement

Cathal comes down the steps, carrying what looks suspiciously like Spar deli chicken nuggets and chips, and offers them to Stripey like it's a Chicken Vindaloo with all the trimmings
    ‘’ I brought you something to eat.’’
    Stripey : ‘’That’s awfully decent of you, sweetie, but I may have some difficulty with it, considering that both my hands are tied to this pipe. Besides, you forgot the curry sauce.... And please, Cathal, think of the children. Little Stripey is still so young, she can’t manage without her Mammy .....’’
    Eh, Stripey, this may come as a shock to you, but Wee Stripey is eighteen now, she went on holidays to Greece last July and hasn’t made her way back home yet. She may even be the new Greek Finance Minister by now. So, yeah, I’m sure she’ll survive for one night without you.

Scene Three -- The Station again...........

Paul, talking about the armed psychopath who's waving a gun around like some Jihadi madman : '' Robbie, you know him, is he dangerous?''
    '' What? Dangerous? Naw, sure he never goes anywhere without that ould gun yoke. I think he carries it around as a sort of comforts blanket.''

Flynn, behind the bar counter : ‘’Yo, Redhead, get over here!’’
    Niamh, probably the only flame-haired woman in Carrigstown, looks enquiringly at her three companions, the completely bald ex- husband, the brunette slapper, and the greasy-headed bookie/publican.
    ‘’Is it me he’s calling? Is he talking to me?

.........Curtain Falls ............

END OF ACT ONE (commercial break)

to be continued........ maybe, sometime ........:confused:

Bravo sir Bravo but can I just point out that mini stripey made a brief reappearance recently to tell her Da that Tommy was a psycho (around the time he started working in the hotel)

Just a thought seeing as she's (a) gay and (b) has family who have been through trauma I wonder will nympho Nina get her claws into mini stripey

Decco should be involved in this Flynn storyline given they have history

I'll admit I was felling low this morning but this god damn thread last 2 pages cheered me right up :D thanks gang

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

He surely will be if he goes looking for a pint, or a game of fooseball on Sunday!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

So should Wayne... He should have a bigger axe to grind with Flynn than Paul...

FWIW I think something will happen Paul or Niamh. The sounds of "we'll be together forever" are usually followed with the sounds of the grim reaper sharpening his scythe

Throw in Goo-eyes and we'll have a full house Sunday!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

So should Wayne... He should have a bigger axe to grind with Flynn than Paul...

FWIW I think something will happen Paul or Niamh. The sounds of "we'll be together forever" are usually followed with the sounds of the grim reaper sharpening his scythe

I'm thinking the same. Especially seeing how we've seen so ....em...much of Niamh lately. Seems like a bit of a last hurrah!

Cathal related:
    I think we're seeing the last of Cathal anyway give that Lalor spoke in past tense about being in fair city
    in an article posted here yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭hungrypig

I think greasy is going to have his hair completely wrecked for good this time

• Advertisement

Flynn should box clever and get Paul on his side. Break up the new buddybuddy pal-pal creation that is Greasy and Don Vito Brennan. Just tell Paul that it was Greasy that robbed his garage and emptied it out.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 138 ✭✭Patrick Wheelock

I can't stop thinking about Niamh after seeing the boob shots. Very hot.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 138 ✭✭Patrick Wheelock

So is it Flynn or Don Baker who has cancer?

Its Flynn but in fairness to the fair city writers that was a good idea to say that Flynn is dying from cancer and only has 3 months to live because it makes a bit more sense now how recklessly his acting, because when he said it I was like oh right well hes got nothing to lose so makes it a bit more believable to how he is acting, seriously him and Cathal have brought all this s**t on themselves for no reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭Hitchens

next episode
    as Flynn lies dying he takes his gun which is really not a gun at all but a harmonica, and plays 'The Streets Of Laredo' .........heartrendingly well acted exit :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭threetrees

I've just been catching up on a few episodes. I wonder if FC will defer the next few episodes since it's doing a hostage story. It may well be seen as inappropriate. I felt quite odd watching the story in light of real tragedy in Paris.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

threetrees wrote: »
    I've just been catching up on a few episodes. I wonder if FC will defer the next few episodes since it's doing a hostage story. It may well be seen as inappropriate. I felt quite odd watching the story in light of real tragedy in Paris.

So right. I mean the similarities are uncanny. Bars , football ( I mean fuuzball) , religious fundamentalism and an attacker knowing his actions would be his last.

Unlikely I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,085 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

threetrees wrote: »

What happened in Paris was mass murder, hardly the same thing. I can't see FC deferring the storyline.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Is this a serious question??

Anyway can't see them deferring the story but it wouldn't surprise me if they did until Tuesday or if they issued a warning of its content. There are a lot of PC brigades knocking about social media nowadays but to cancel such a soap plot that is more confusing and ridiculous than it is offensive to avoid the PC trolls comments would be pointless.

The plot should never have gone ahead for entirely different reasons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

Erm theres a big difference between a cancer riddled old man holding 5 people hostage in a fictional soap and what happened in Paris. If people cant see that they have a whole other set of issues.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement