Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v5] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Christmas 2022

Nina suspects something about a possible hostage situation in The Station 7 years ago. She is determined for answers and after calling around to both Sasha and Lauras house for "five minutes" sets off with her new biro and notepad around the streets of Carrigstown looking for answers

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭waterlesshouse

There are no words for how bad that was . ......

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭squadro

Watching tonight's episode I am sorry to say that recent efforts to arrest my binge drinking problem have been suspended until further notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

The whole Michael thing seems a bit sudden and rushed. I wonder if something happened behind the scenes at RTE?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,290 ✭✭✭RoryMac

The whole Michael thing seems a bit sudden and rushed. I wonder if something happened behind the scenes at RTE?

Yeah bad writing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭waterlesshouse

Looks like it all must happen "behind the scenes" because what passes for the actual scenes are brutal. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Was the purpose of that whole hostage fiasco thing just to come up with something to write out Michael's character?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Maybe they got sick of him turning up for work with black eyes and broken legs and having to write it into the 'storyline'!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

dee_mc wrote: »
    Maybe they got sick of him turning up for work with black eyes and broken legs and having to write it into the 'storyline'!

That's what I was thinking! I assumed he'd
    die
    a hero, saving Debbie, Niamh or Rachel. Not getting an elbow off Eoin!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Looks like we'll be back to the Carrigstown bed in the Carrigstown ward in Carrigstown Hospital tomorrow night I'd say, much angst and wailing and drawn out until three weeks time approximately they'll switch off life support machine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Michael isn't dead! He just crumbled like the rest of us and fell asleep at the end.

That was bad nothing redeemable at all even the beggar ' bud.' made me cringe. But the words of the great WB Yeats summed it up perfectly;

"Come away Fair City child
    To the waters and the wild
    with a good script hand in hand
    For the world's more full of writers
    Then you can understand."

(Apologies to Yeats)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I think that was one of the worst story line's ever written, the whole thing made no sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Tommy should have taken more of the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,777 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

wilddarts wrote: »
    Greaseball to Caddle: "I told you I never failed on a mission".

What ever individual who has the neck to call themselves a writer and actually wrote that absolute $hite needs a kick in the ar$e.

All he needed was a cigar and to say I love it when a plan comes together :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭liam7831

fin12 wrote: »

Stuff is cheaper down at Aunty Kitties in Kilkenny

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

I think that was one of the worst story line's ever written, the whole thing made no sense.

Sense? Sense? You want sense, fin? Then step away from RTE on Tues, Wed, Thurs, and Sunday nights at about 8 o'clock You might be lucky enough to catch a few repeats of ''Fraggle Rock'' on CBeebies. It makes a helluva lot more sense :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,181 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Oh dear ****ing jesus!

Utter ****e altogether. Terrible writing, even by soap standards. Awful direction, even by soap standards.

I know this is usually a funny thread, but I'm angered by that drivel. Imagine if they tried to do it as a live episode?

The Ram is heading down to Power City tomorrow with all his cash to upgrade his stakeout equipment.......

furniture-traditional-gaming-station-computer-desk-design-for-video-game-room-decor-ideas-game-room-ideas-on-a-budget-bedroom-picture-gaming-bedroom-ideas-954x636.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Crazy Christ

Michael's had Niamh's mammoth flopping bristols walloping down on him, but it's a gentle elbow to the head that finishes him?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

I just came on here to say the same thing! His departure is very sudden -
    reminiscent of some characters on
    Corrie and Emmerdale who disappeared abruptly after reported bad behaviour
    by the actors who played the parts. In the past he has reappeared on set with a black eye and recently in a wheelchair which does not seem to be part of the plot. :(

Maybe I am way off course and he had to leave suddenly for a perfectly innocent reason! Remember Jo was unceremoniously sacked after about sixteen years in FC. Seems they are pretty ruthless behind the scenes when
    they put their mind to it!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,583 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Compared to the Paddy Bishop storyline last year this was a pathetic effort, the main difference being IMO that the guy playing Paddy was a good actor, a rare commodity in FC.

Have to say I thought it was funny Michael just running out of steam, reminded me of the duracell battery ads that were on years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,883 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Yes, I can't see Flynn shooting dead five innocent people for virtually no reason and the whole Cathal thing was beyond weird.

dee_mc wrote: »

I imagine that might have something to do with it!

That was about the best scene - the look on Tommy's face when he reached into the bundle of money and gave the beggar €20!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,906 ✭✭✭Rfrip

RoryMac wrote: »
    Yeah bad writing

The worse fair city gets the better this thread gets!

The writers ffs......why not get Michael killed off in the "hostage" scenario
    Instead of him literally dying from exhaustion from pushing his wheelchair through the park trying to keep up with his parents.
    Like you literally couldn't write this ****e

Oh wait.....

They really should have ended on that Tommy and the Beggar scene last night! Everything about it was perfect!

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭hungrypig

I disagree....****e, crap, embarrassing, amateur, lacking in any skill / talent/ reality, bollox, cringeful, appalling, pantomime, awful, diabolical..........

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭hungrypig

Did anyone hear Aisling / Carol with Katherine Thomas on the radio yesterday? The accent on her. I thought
    it was Keelan Shanley or Miriam.[/quote]

Yes I heard caddle. At one point Catherine Thomas said " faircity could give. Love/hate a run for its money these days" , caddle agreed that the current storyline was akin to love/hate. I kid you not !!!! She should have said "faircity could give Scooby doo a run for its money these days"..... Those pesky kids

• Registered Users Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Goodbye Michael, you really were a replicant!

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭CassieManson

walshb wrote: »
    Poor Mumbles drew his last mumble!

Why was he in the wheelchair? Not watched for a while

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement