Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v5] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭CassieManson

brooke 2 wrote: »
    I just came on here to say the same thing! His departure is very sudden -
    reminiscent of some characters on
    Corrie and Emmerdale who disappeared abruptly after reported bad behaviour
    by the actors who played the parts. In the past he has reappeared on set with a black eye and recently in a wheelchair which does not seem to be part of the plot. :(

Maybe I am way off course and he had to leave suddenly for a perfectly innocent reason! Remember Jo was unceremoniously sacked after about sixteen years in FC. Seems they are pretty ruthless behind the scenes when
    they put their mind to it!!

Maybe he's gone to Hollywood?

• Registered Users Posts: 56,343 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Why was he in the wheelchair? Not watched for a while

To suit the story.

I still cannot get near my head around the past few weeks of this Ballintine/Flynn story. It makes next to no sense. Not an iota of logic in it. Very odd.

What happens now? Do we ever see the Ballintine again? Tommy works there, as does Jackie. Maybe Hughie can buy it up in a couple of hours?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭Hitchens

walshb wrote: »
    To suit the story.

I still cannot get near my head around the past few weeks of this Ballintine/Flynn story. It makes next to no sense. Not an iota of logic in it. Very odd.

What happens now? Do we ever see the Ballintine again? Tommy works there, as does Jackie. Maybe Hughie can buy it up in a couple of hours?

It has to be Wayne and Orla taking over the Ballintine, Fawlty Towers Irish style :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

Robbie is tougher than I thought ! He seemed in no doubt that he had seconds to live as Flynn put the gun to his head, telling Carol he loved her and all. Did he admit to Paul he robbed his garage and corrupted his precious Callum ?

Did he f*** !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

walshb wrote: »
    To suit the story.

It had no relevance at all to the story though. In fact it just added more confusion. Here's a few more things.

1. Why was a guy in a wheelchair racing around trying to catch Cathal.
    (When they did catch him and reveal all they knew about his dirty dealings I expected him to say "and I would have got away with it if it wasn't for you pesky meddling kids")

2. Tommy is always seen walking to and from work. Yet suddenly he has the car

BUT

3. Drippy and Mumbles drove to the hotel to pick up Stripey but walked (wheeled) home??

4. Why did Cathal run away? Why didn't they establish where the money came from. Is it Flynn money?

5. Why hadn't Tommy and Dripey immediately called the police in the hotel. And why didn't Pierce sneak around the back again when they were out in the street.

7. Why weren't the police informed about the hotel situation and if they were why wouldn't they require The Ram or Debbie to show them to the hotel and point out all the money.

8. Is Cathal on the run or just gone home for the night?

9. Debbie didn't answer her mobile. Nor did Cathal. Surely the logical thing for both Gripe and Flynn to do is to ring the bloody hotel to check on their respective whereabouts when they were worried about them.

10. Did anyone lock that bloody office window that "computer nerd" Pierce so ridiculously climbed in.

11. What about the hotel guests. Surely they have a right to know the situation. Was there no other staff on duty? No night porters? No one at reception?

12. Is that old man still waiting at reception.

13. Not one interview conducted at either crime scene. I know it was late at night but surely a short statement by Robbie was required at the very least.

14. No mention to Dull Dan that a serious hostage situation had just occurred in his pub. I know Mumbles has his wheelchair but they could have rang him to let him know.

15. Did Rachel and Piers get Flynn room key back off him.

16. Why was Flynn even bloody staying in a dingy dorm room ? Why not his own house? Or even the bloody hotel he more or less owns.

I actually have many many many many more questions but it's just so funny the whole situation...

Regarding Michael I think he was brought back to let him go. He was obviously a non character at this stage and I'd speculate the actor was injured so that was the reason for the wheelchair. There is no way they thought of this story and then came up with the madcap random idea of sticking him in a wheelchair?? But Dans coincidental complete absence since Mumbles returned last week or so makes me wonder that they did just stick him in it for the laugh while Dan was out of the script.

I dunno.

As I said before ..... it was almost all worth suffering through just to see that scene with Tommy and the Beggar! ! Almost.......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭chimmy chonga

Maybe he's gone to Hollywood?
    ..Yeah! Hollywood Co.Wicklow ☺

It had no relevance at all to the story though. In fact it just added more confusion. Here's a few more things.

BUT

3. Drippy and Mumbles drove to the hotel to pick up Stripey but walked (wheeled) home??

Exactly, it has no relevance to the story. That's the problem with this story. Nothing has relevance. It suits the story for the writers, whatever that fooking is.

As to them all walking-wheeling home.....WTF? Another nonsensical scene.

Regarding point 13. Stripey did mention a statement that she gave.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

While walking home, Gripey mentioned that he drank brandy and therefore couldn't drive.

sligojoek wrote: »
    While walking home, Gripey mentioned that he drank brandy and therefore couldn't drive.

FC writers are fighting back. Ripping our rants to pieces!

No matter what they explain nothing can explain the diabolical acting from all the cast for all the scenes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

They really should have ended on that Tommy and the Beggar scene last night! Everything about it was perfect!

Was a good scene!! Tommy is some hero!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

STIG83 wrote: »
    Was a good scene!! Tommy is some hero!!

I had to rewind that Tommy scene and watch it again. It was fab, he's like magnum PI. They should change FC into his own little sitcom!

• Registered Users Posts: 86,777 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Why was he in the wheelchair? Not watched for a while

He sprained and broke a leg at a stag party weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭kazzer

Hopefully we'll see more of the Beggar.

It will be an improvement on the story lines of recent weeks/months.

kazzer wrote: »
    Hopefully we'll see more of the Beggar.

It will be an improvement on the story lines of recent weeks/months.

Another son of Flynn

Did Cathal get away?

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Did Cathal get away?

Yes, and I reckon still running like Benny Hill.

I tell you, this will be similar to Esther's death, or Barry's incarceration. No mention of it again.

Tommy PI will be after Cathal

That beggar scene would be perfect for Harry Hill's TV Burp......... TV highlight of the weeeek.

Can you imagine the skit Harry would have gotten from FC?

Anyone notice how Michael got a slight bit aggressive towards Eoin before he passed out?
    Symptoms of getting the blow to head?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

Well he dies tonight....amazing how he was able to jump out of the wheelchair in the hotel mind you.

I'm sure Nina will be along to explain all in an article...

amtc wrote: »
    Well he dies tonight....amazing how he was able to jump out of the wheelchair in the hotel mind you.

I'm sure Nina will be along to explain all in an article...

Who hit him though? Cathal or Eoin? Happened so fast

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

I rewound it to check. It didn't really show either of them hitting him. Just him putting his hand to his head and sitting back down.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

What's wrong with us? We're trying like hell to make some sort of sense out of a FFC storyline?
    The police are watching the airports and ferry ports to catch Cathal. Why? As far as they know, he hasn't committed an offence. As far as kidnapping Stripey and tying her to the pipes is concerned, it's her word against his. Cathal only has to say that Stripey and himself were conducting some weird scenario from 50 Shades of Grey. When the police see that she's voluntarily living with Gripe Eoghan, they'll reckon she's a masochist anyway.
    The money 'hidden' in the mouldy unlocked cabinet downstairs means nothing. Cathal can claim, like Bernie, that he won it on the horses.
    Anyway, why did Flynn want the money brought to him? It's not like it was millions. Looked like a few hundred.
    But no doubt Tommy will be able to buy a farm in Kilkenny with it.
    But will Judy be enticed back home from her African jaunt to help him spend it?
    Watch this space.......

• Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭jos28

1. Why was a guy in a wheelchair racing around trying to catch Cathal.
    (When they did catch him and reveal all they knew about his dirty dealings I expected him to say "and I would have got away with it if it wasn't for you pesky meddling kids")

2. Tommy is always seen walking to and from work. Yet suddenly he has the car

BUT

4. Why did Cathal run away? Why didn't they establish where the money came from. Is it Flynn money?

5. Why hadn't Tommy and Dripey immediately called the police in the hotel. And why didn't Pierce sneak around the back again when they were out in the street.

7. Why weren't the police informed about the hotel situation and if they were why wouldn't they require The Ram or Debbie to show them to the hotel and point out all the money.

8. Is Cathal on the run or just gone home for the night?

9. Debbie didn't answer her mobile. Nor did Cathal. Surely the logical thing for both Gripe and Flynn to do is to ring the bloody hotel to check on their respective whereabouts when they were worried about them.

10. Did anyone lock that bloody office window that "computer nerd" Pierce so ridiculously climbed in.

11. What about the hotel guests. Surely they have a right to know the situation. Was there no other staff on duty? No night porters? No one at reception?

12. Is that old man still waiting at reception.

13. Not one interview conducted at either crime scene. I know it was late at night but surely a short statement by Robbie was required at the very least.

14. No mention to Dull Dan that a serious hostage situation had just occurred in his pub. I know Mumbles has his wheelchair but they could have rang him to let him know.

15. Did Rachel and Piers get Flynn room key back off him.

16. Why was Flynn even bloody staying in a dingy dorm room ? Why not his own house? Or even the bloody hotel he more or less owns.

I actually have many many many many more questions but it's just so funny the whole situation...

Regarding Michael I think he was brought back to let him go. He was obviously a non character at this stage and I'd speculate the actor was injured so that was the reason for the wheelchair. There is no way they thought of this story and then came up with the madcap random idea of sticking him in a wheelchair?? But Dans coincidental complete absence since Mumbles returned last week or so makes me wonder that they did just stick him in it for the laugh while Dan was out of the script.

I dunno.

As I said before ..... it was almost all worth suffering through just to see that scene with Tommy and the Beggar! ! Almost.......

SO many questions, SO few answers. I have no idea what's going on at this stage

giphy.gif

Did Eoghan hit Michael trying to get Cathal

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Tommy PI probably has it alllllllll on tape.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Crazy Christ

How come Phloem kept going on about his son and how nobody would be let go until his son was found safe and sound. He was planning to kill them because if his son was harmed he had nothing to lose. But didn't he have them all as hostages before the fake call to as they put it, *cringe* 'Robbie's boys', was made?

What was his plan from the beginning? Why did he take them hostage in the first place? I've forgotten.

Cathal has fled into space:

Red-Dwarf-Sci-Fi-Scarborough.jpg

Why didn't they give poor Michael a push in his wheelchair instead they walk ahead of him?, now maybe its just me but if your out with a family member and they are in a wheelchair me thinks you'd give them a ****ing push

also I am off on Holiday tomorrow I better now come back to 50+ pages of Fair City lol

(Don't rob my house my brothers will be home) :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭VickieVexed1

Why didn't they give poor Michael a push in his wheelchair instead they walk ahead of him?, now maybe its just me but if your out with a family member and they are in a wheelchair me thinks you'd give them a ****ing push

also I am off on Holiday tomorrow I better now come back to 50+ pages of Fair City lol

(Don't rob my house my brothers will be home) :D

I'm off on holiday as well tomorrow! Maybe we'll meet up. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,085 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

I'm off on holiday as well tomorrow! Maybe we'll meet up. :D

We'll rob your house, Vickie. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Crazy Christ

Oh, wow, all the characters that disappeared are all back again for another few weeks before they disappear again.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement