Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v5] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

If Mumbles' legs can be donated to Dan, then Dan can get back on his feet, thereby freeing up the wheelchair for next week's casualty. Everyone's a winner!
    Dr. Bob'sBro must have learned his compassionate bedside manners at the knee of Sadam Hussein.
    Poor Mumbles hadn't cooled off in the bed before Deegan was able to tell Gripey the results of the post-mortem.
    Carringstown's one-bedroom hospital is surely a model of efficiency that the rest of the HSE should strive to learn from

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

coolhull wrote: »
    If Mumbles' legs can be donated to Dan, then Dan can get back on his feet, thereby freeing up the wheelchair for next week's casualty. Everyone's a winner!
    Dr. Bob'sBro must have learned his compassionate bedside manners at the knee of Sadam Hussein.
    Poor Mumbles hadn't cooled off in the bed before Deegan was able to tell Gripey the results of the post-mortem.
    Carringstown's one-bedroom hospital is surely a model of efficiency that the rest of the HSE should strive to learn from

that wasnt Bobs brother.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Somewhere in the mysterious RTE scriptroom this conversation went down 2 months ago......

conference-table-biz-meeting.jpg

ok guys, we are going to have two hostage situations,

Debbie will be locked in the basement fearing for her life after Cathal finds out she knows everything (whatever the f she does know????)

In the station 5 people locked up by a crazed gun wielding psycho (for no reason)

the crazed psycho will be dying of a terminal illness

one of the hostages has a serious heart condition

there will be a big chase scene around the Ballantine as Gripey angrily captures the man who has held his wife/partner hostage...how will he deal with him??

eventually the psycho gunman will be caught and all the hostages will have an opportunity to kill him all with a deep resentment for terrorising them

and guess what guys.... WE ARE GOING TO HAVE A DEATH!!!

So lets troubleshoot... any ideas how we will kill someone off??"

A guy stands up......

"hmmm how about someone just nods off in a wheelchair at the end of the episode??"

"Ok thats brilliant?? And Dan is in a wheelchair and owns the station and is such a boring character now! Perfect setup."

I was actually thinking Michael?? we will give him Dans wheelchair for a week??

All cheer and clap.

32789269-Young-business-people-clapping-hands-in-board-room-meeting-at-office-Stock-Photo.jpg

Producer. "That, my fellow writers, is how you write scripts...!!"

FIN

I think you are being too kind. I doubt the conversation took place. I think the cameras just rolled up on the set of the Station and Michael just stood up from the wheelchair and cried in exasperation 'will somebody for the love of God get me away from this s***e and give me a belt on the head' so somewhere in the ensuing kerfuffle Eoghan obliged and that's how it happened. Fin

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

I know it wasn't Bob's brother Dr Jim, but I'm fairly sure he's the brother of the actor who plays Bob.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

coolhull wrote: »
    I know it wasn't Bob's brother Dr Jim, but I'm fairly sure he's the brother of the actor who plays Bob.

damn nepotism!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭jos28

Yep, Padraig Murray and Brian Murray are brothers

http://www.theatticstudio.net/atticprofiles/Padraig/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

No sign of the hospital bed tonight. It must be on a break between contracts.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 94 ✭✭Rym Shanley

jos28 wrote: »
    Yep, Padraig Murray and Brian Murray are brothers

http://www.theatticstudio.net/atticprofiles/Padraig/

I thought they were lovers

• Registered Users Posts: 6,085 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

No sign of the hospital bed tonight. It must be on a break between contracts.

Cutbacks. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Well done to whoever said that we wouldn't see Dan in the wheelchair until Michael was finished with it.

• Advertisement

Bad hair dye job for the Dr, really, did anyone else get shocked when the camera turned on the Dr and seen how black his hair was ?

Bad hair dye job for the Dr, really, did anyone else get shocked when the camera turned on the Dr and seen how black his hair was ?

No sorry I didn't notice at all, I really liked Michael and he was only 27 but the way that it was written didn't make me feel sad at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 roisinthebee

Anyone think the actor was sacked?

fin12 wrote: »
    No sorry I didn't notice at all, I really liked Michael and he was only 27 but the way that it was written didn't make me feel sad at all.

I didn’t know the medical profession had to have permission to from the family to donate organs even if you have a donor card.

No. This is what happened.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=97782340&postcount=6464

I didn’t know the medical profession had to have permission to from the family to donate organs even if you have a donor card.

Ya I dont know about that either and Niamh was such a b*tch to him the last time she saw him.

they should do a haunted house story with The Ghost of Michael

• Registered Users Posts: 86,777 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Tommy PI should break the new of barchanic's death to Jane and Louise

Was Louise still his current girlfriend?

fin12 wrote: »
    Ya I dont know about that either and Niamh was such a b*tch to him the last time she saw him.

I don't remember the last scene Neimh and Michael had together...........

All the sceans that Michael was in in the hostage situations was unnecessary, it just looked like 'why? Wtf is he doing do there, like, even before the hostage situations Eoin was having Michael tagging along.

He was very moody in the last couple of episodes. Must have known death was coming.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭CassieManson

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Deegan and Tommy PI know he is dead already that was fast
    That was a very strange conversation between Niamh and Tommy in the shop. He says 'I've just seen John Deegan ' and then she says 'that's great how's Michael is he well?'
    Why did she think Deegan would know how Michael was?

I know RTE is full of nepotism but does RTE fire people who have no connections?........ Jo's departure was very sudden and now we have Michael being written out.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

All the sceans that Michael was in in the hostage situations was unnecessary, it just looked like 'why? Wtf is he doing do there, like, even before the hostage situations Eoin was having Michael tagging along.
    I thought that one evening. Eoghan came to the hotel to collect a fare and left michael there to hang around for no apparent reason.

Michael said something to Niamh like why didn't you tell me you got back with Paul and was she ever serious about him and Niamh just told him to grow up and get over himself, I think he felt like she had just used him all along, she was just really nasty to him. I think she really treated Michael like s*it.

sligojoek wrote: »
    I thought that one evening. Eoghan came to the hotel to collect a fare and left michael there to hang around for no apparent reason.

All very strange, a taxi call to the Ballitine hotel where all the rooms are empty!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭VickieVexed1

We'll rob your house, Vickie. ;)

Help yourself to anything Colly...just leave my SKY+ box alone, I'll have several episodes of FC to catch up on when I get back. :D

Help yourself to anything Colly...just leave my SKY+ box alone, I'll have several episodes of FC to catch up on when I get back. :D

'Note to robbers' just take Vickie Sky box.... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

I know RTE is full of nepotism but does RTE fire people who have no connections?........ Jo's departure was very sudden and now we have Michael being written out.

Jo's departure was quite a shock to the actress
    who played her. She was in FC for so long and was unceremoniously dumped. I was wondering
    if it might have had anything to do with all the comments she gave to the media about the young girl who died outside the Twisted Pepper
    last May. Rachel Sarah Murphy was all over the radio and TV news at the time giving interviews. I thought it was rather inappropriate - the young girl had been attending her 'academy' for only a few months. Maybe I am way off base but it could explain why she was given her walking papers by the FC producers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Crazy Christ

Anyone think that the actor gave short notice to leave, and because they wanted to keep it as cheap as possible, they killed him off quickly at the end of the last block of produced episodes rather than have to pay him for another period. It might explain why there wasn't even a shot of him in a hospital bed or anything. Usually they would milk a whole week's worth of dreary episodes with a load of hand-wringing around his deathbed and irritants like Charlie and Bela hobbling in with Toblerones that nobody wants.

They seem to just pay actors for a few weeks at a time and then drop them and rotate the other actors.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,883 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Definitely. That was an unceremonial exit if ever I saw one. He was missing for a few weeks, shows up for a few minor scenes and before we know it, he's dead. I'm guessing it must have been an unfriendly parting the way it appears he was just turfed off the show.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement