Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v5] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,906 ✭✭✭Rfrip

The scene between dan and Damien finding out Michaels death just summed it all up

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Charleygal

Just catching up with FC on the RTE Player. Had to laugh at the doctor:

''His time of death is twenty past eleven this morning''.... When it was just half past ten on the clock in the waiting room as they were called in by the nurse. Really inept in that hospital. They can't even tell the time - what hope had they of saving poor Michael's life!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Charleygal wrote: »
    Just catching up with FC on the RTE Player. Had to laugh at the doctor:

''His time of death is twenty past eleven this morning''.... When it was just half past ten on the clock in the waiting room as they were called in by the nurse. Really inept in that hospital. They can't even tell the time - what hope had they of saving poor Michael's life!

If this is true! We need a screen grab! It will be up there with the Tommy and Beggar scene and Stripey and Cathal hiding behind the tiny chest of drawers as moment of the week!

In fact The Tommy/Beggar scene could quite possibly be my favourite scene ever! He has catapulted himself up alongside Doug as my favourite character!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

Well, anyway after all that, I suspect the next love triangle looks set to be Heather, Max and Farrah.
    Is there anybody left now that hasn't been in one yet

Heather really likes to keep it in the family I suppose.

Hadn't seen Fair City in a while until last night so I was shocked to come to the conclusion that it wasn't awful. The Da, who I thought was horrendous even by FC standards, was actually decent.

All 3 deserve credit really. They escape the roll call of sh1t for the episode which includes

Damo and the chap in the wheelchair (their almost indifference to the news was brilliant though).

Heather and Farrah's bloke (zero spark, they're not really going where I think they're going are They?).

Niamh and her dramatic mini swoon to the news.

The doctor and his surprisingly brutal delivery of the news.

Just checked the times:

Stripey and Dripey arrived into the hospital around 8.15 by the clock on the wall...
    What were they doing in the intervening hours after the accident? I mean it was only about three in the morning at most when they were walkin home.

They finally were told the news at 11.30, not 10.30 going by the clock on the wall. Sadly that bursts the bubble �� of the post above but it seemed to be one of those times they attempted to move the hands on the clock to half 11 but it could easily of been seen as half 10.

However the big time issue concerns Max O Carroll Kelly and his afterschool childminding enterprise.

Smiley Heather distinctly asked him to pick her up at half two. The scene at the Hungry Pig emphasised that Max had picked Ellie up, brought her bowling, brought her back for food and they played cards. All before Heather turned up.
    Now that's all fine, perfect job Max. He didn't even take the twenty as he knew he will no doubt be getting, let's not beat around the bush with this one, sex off Heather within an episode or so (going by the speed their flirtIng has gone in one day)

However the following scene was cut back to Stripey, Dripey and Katie and lo and behold it was merely a quarter past two.....

I'll revert back to Heather asking Max to pick her up at half two

I'll leave it there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭hungrypig

So refreshing to see actual tears with crying on last nights episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

I'm firmly going with the idea Rte and Michael had a row. What a dumb exit, he was like a toy running out of batteries..... Wait a minute, was this foretold when he lit Niamh up like a Christmas tree??

Isn't there a boardsie who likes to tweet fair city actors? How about tweeting the actor who plays Michael??

• Registered Users Posts: 56,343 ✭✭✭✭walshb

That was a very strange conversation between Niamh and Tommy in the shop. He says 'I've just seen John Deegan ' and then she says 'that's great how's Michael is he well?'
    Why did she think Deegan would know how Michael was?

I spotted that too. He mentions Deegan and she straight away makes out that "yes, Deegan will know exactly how Mumbles is." Nonsensical.

Just checked the times:

Stripey and Dripey arrived into the hospital around 8.15 by the clock on the wall...
    What were they doing in the intervening hours after the accident? I mean it was only about three in the morning at most when they were walkin home.

They finally were told the news at 11.30, not 10.30 going by the clock on the wall. Sadly that bursts the bubble �� of the post above but it seemed to be one of those times they attempted to move the hands on the clock to half 11 but it could easily of been seen as half 10.

However the big time issue concerns Max O Carroll Kelly and his afterschool childminding enterprise.

Smiley Heather distinctly asked him to pick her up at half two. The scene at the Hungry Pig emphasised that Max had picked Ellie up, brought her bowling, brought her back for food and they played cards. All before Heather turned up.
    Now that's all fine, perfect job Max. He didn't even take the twenty as he knew he will no doubt be getting, let's not beat around the bush with this one, sex off Heather within an episode or so (going by the speed their flirtIng has gone in one day)

However the following scene was cut back to Stripey, Dripey and Katie and lo and behold it was merely a quarter past two.....

I'll leave it there.

I'm in the ha'penny place compared to some of you as regards digesting and breaking down an episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Just checked the times:

I'll leave it there.
    :D:pac:

• Advertisement

I'm firmly going with the idea Rte and Michael had a row. What a dumb exit, he was like a toy running out of batteries..... Wait a minute, was this foretold when he lit Niamh up like a Christmas tree??

Isn't there a boardsie who likes to tweet fair city actors? How about tweeting the actor who plays Michael??

Maybe he wanted to leave himself?? I mean it's not as if his character had anything left in the tank so perhaps he wanted out and had to do it urgently. Tbh the three remaining O Briens are alright actors so maybe this disaster for them was a way for the writers to emphasise it. I genuinely did think their grief was very realistic last night.

Credit where it's due.

It's a good way to endear characters to the viewers by seeing them suffer a tragedy so it was a wise move.

Now..... back to slagging the show off

Hitchens wrote: »
    :D:pac:

Any sniff of innuendo and Hitchens is on to it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

coolhull wrote: »
    If Mumbles' legs can be donated to Dan, then Dan can get back on his feet, thereby freeing up the wheelchair for next week's casualty. Everyone's a winner!
    Dr. Bob'sBro must have learned his compassionate bedside manners at the knee of Sadam Hussein.
    Poor Mumbles hadn't cooled off in the bed before Deegan was able to tell Gripey the results of the post-mortem.
    Carringstown's one-bedroom hospital is surely a model of efficiency that the rest of the HSE should strive to learn from

He didn't give him the results of the post mortem - he only told him that one would be taking place as they found that Michael had a head injury

I was hoping Tommy would go in and buy a carton of milk, whip out a wad of cash and give Meeeeeeeeeeeeèe Daaaaaaaaa a fifty euro note and say "keep the change".

That could be his signature thing now. Always carry ridiculous wad of money

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

I thought they were lovers

No that's Bob and Renee ;-)

hungrypig wrote: »
    So refreshing to see actual tears with crying on last nights episode.

I was crying too :o

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Spoiler:
    On Sunday Eoghan makes an amazing discovery when he sneaks a look at Tommy's laptop.

I wonder what's that's all about.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,906 ✭✭✭Rfrip

sligojoek wrote: »
    Spoiler:
    On Sunday Eoghan makes an amazing discovery when he sneaks a look at Tommy's laptop.

God only knows!!!!

Spoiler:

I'd say he will see the footage showing it was him who crumbled Mumbles by accident in the Benny Hill chase.

But yeah, god only knows what The Ram has on that laptop at this stage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Typical Fair City, Dean gets several different shades of crap beaten out of him for weeks in an illegal fighting story line - with no lasting damage.

But one soft elbow to the head (which we hardly even notice) finishes off Michael.

The head injury is superfluous. The chap died from stress to the heart from the wheelcahir pushing.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,777 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

So the ex Niamh visits barchanic's family but his current girlfriend Louise don't

I don't think louise is his girlfriend? Could be wrong though. Both Louise and Mumbles were completely boring background characters not even worthy of a joke on this thread for the last year to be honest so even if they had got married and divorced and married again I may not have noticed!

• Registered Users Posts: 86,777 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I don't think louise is his girlfriend? Could be wrong though. Both Louise and Mumbles were completely boring background characters not even worthy of a joke on this thread for the last year to be honest so even if they had got married and divorced and married again I may not have noticed!

I thought they were dating even if casual, didn't Louise tell Dean she was with Michael I don't remember them breaking up or it being mentioned they had

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I thought they were dating even if casual, didn't Louise tell Dean she was with Michael I don't remember them breaking up or it being mentioned they had

The writers probably forgot they did that. They'll throw Louise into the funeral at the last minute when they remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,881 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Maybe he wanted to leave himself?? I mean it's not as if his character had anything left in the tank so perhaps he wanted out and had to do it urgently. Tbh the three remaining O Briens are alright actors so maybe this disaster for them was a way for the writers to emphasise it. I genuinely did think their grief was very realistic last night.

Credit where it's due.

It's a good way to endear characters to the viewers by seeing them suffer a tragedy so it was a wise move.

If he wanted to leave himself, they surely would have given him a proper exit storyline. Shoving his death onto the end of a three episode siege situation and not even having him as one of the focal points of the episodes looks very odd. I'm guessing he fell foul of the producers and they've booted him off the show (they do have form for this).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

I thought that one evening. Eoghan came to the hotel to collect a fare and left michael there to hang around for no apparent reason.

Micheal was riding shotgun for Eoghan!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

What about Cathal though? He will be seen again at some stage but is he a good or a bad person?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Strazdas wrote: »
    If he wanted to leave himself, they surely would have given him a proper exit storyline. Shoving his death onto the end of a three episode siege situation and not even having him as one of the focal points of the episodes looks very odd. I'm guessing he fell foul of the producers and they've booted him off the show (they do have form for this).

True. It seems like a broken contract from either side, but we'll probably never know for sure!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement