Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v5] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Rose016

Wow wow wow ... Heather is some mo-fo... she lifted her hand to hit Renee ... as soon as her hand was mid air .. I jumped up made tea .. put on a wash .. fed the dog .. tiled the roof and was back on time to see her hand hit Renee's face... the slowest slap in history ...

Michael Mcmumbles parents got a list of people he helped by dying ... only three !!... well I guess they will recieve the list of the other 30000000 viewers he saved tomorrow! !!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Max is a psycho, what he told Hughie will probably drive him back on the drink.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

jos28 wrote: »
    Enjoyed tonight's episode. Delighted that Max has gone, Farrah is better off without him. I thought Heather played the b1tch brilliantly. LOVE Hughie, delighted to see him back, he was always a great character.
    Feeling really sorry for Michael's family but the storyline with Eoghan is ridiculous. Losing your Dad as well as your brother :rolleyes: WTF can Eoghan be charged with ?
    Answers on a postcard please.......

Hughie is a brilliant character, great potential. He is like a mixture between Billy Mitchell, TADHG Ó DIREÁIN in Ros na Run and Eric Pollard, I hope he doesn't get dragged into some nonsensical affair. He gave Phil Mitchell a run for his money in the alcoholic stakes. I think its too early for them to make him return to alcohol and it would just make his alcohol problem a cliche. He is in a solid place in his life now so they need to build on that, eventually give him a partner and then in a few months let his life go downhill again. But you just know the writers will ruin him by taking the easy option and letting him return to drink at the first sign of stress. Sigh....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

Hughie is a brilliant character, great potential. He is like a mixture between Billy Mitchell, TADHG Ó DIREÁIN in Ros na Run and Eric Pollard, I hope he doesn't get dragged into some nonsensical affair. He gave Phil Mitchell a run for his money in the alcoholic stakes. I think its too early for them to make him return to alcohol and it would just make his alcohol problem a cliche. He is in a solid place in his life now so they need to build on that, eventually give him a partner and then in a few months let his life go downhill again. But you just know the writers will ruin him by taking the easy option and letting him return to drink at the first sign of stress. Sigh....

That's all fine but look at the unrealisti change Hughie made - he went from rolling round in the street drunk and robbing bottles from the Spar to running a pub in a few months. Frankly it would be insulting to alcoholics if he could just never drink again.

desbrook wrote: »
    That's all fine but look at the unrealisti change Hughie made - he went from rolling round in the street drunk and robbing bottles from the Spar to running a pub in a few months. Frankly it would be insulting to alcoholics if he could just never drink again.

thats not what I said! he obviously got help and the money he received allowed him to structure his life somewhat. Eventually the novelty of getting his life back together will diminish and a stressful event will drive him back to alcohol. He is just being shielded by his bank balance at the moment. Thats the way I read him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

I was just reading some history (:pac:) there and I read that when Christ died, Max fled the scene and told Farrah he was sleeping when he left him. Has this lie ever come to light?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Jon Stark wrote: »
    I was just reading some history (:pac:) there and I read that when Christ died, Max fled the scene and told Farrah he was sleeping when he left him. Has this lie ever come to light?

You had to go back a good bit so.....!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

Fcuking autocorrect.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,761 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

fin12 wrote: »
    Max is a psycho, what he told Hughie will probably drive him back on the drink.

Hughie should have punched him

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Rose016

I felt really sorry for poor Hughie... to hear that mad max let Christy die like that... he should got eoghan the murderous sick evil psycho killer to accidentally bump into him at the seven up shelf ....a two litre bottle or twin pack should have finished him off.... another one for an upstairs funeral

• Advertisement

Rose016 wrote: »
    I felt really sorry for poor Hughie... to hear that mad max let Christy die like that... he should got eoghan the murderous sick evil psycho killer to accidentally bump into him at the seven up shelf ....a two litre bottle or twin pack should have finished him off.... another one for an upstairs funeral

eoghan is now officially the grim reaper of Carrigstown.. The merest touch off him and you die.. Keep an eye on your screens if he touches any other characters.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,761 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Kerri Anne is very upset over Michael

• Registered Users Posts: 56,301 ✭✭✭✭walshb

FFS, even Eoghan's ma, a bogger has to say ma an da!

Eh, Jackie, your hotel has no fooking guests, and never did....how d fook can you think it can make money?

"christmas is our busiest time"

you have worked there two months Carrie Crowley.

Imagine having your wedding there! Makes Fawlty Towers look like the Ritz

Doug!!!!!!!! Leo and Ray in one scene!!! Love it!! So many hand movements, neck jerks and nodding heads!

i hatttttttttttte Heathers voice. so strained.

Seeing as half the country is marching for this that and the other, does anyone fancy meeting at the GPO on Saturday to march for the saving of the Ballintine?

i hatttttttttttte Heathers voice. so strained.

Was just thinking that. Wtf is wrong with it?

well thats settled. Eoghan is Robbies brother.

• Advertisement

😅

Doug, Leo and Ray in another scene!!!! Looks like Ray or Leo will be tapping Carrie Crowley soon.

Ffs, will they stfu talking about jail. A complete joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

It was the same the night Michael died. They were walking home because Eoghan was afraid he'd be sent to jail for driving with one brandy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

Why did Deagan call Eoins name before Tommy Dillon ? to add some really bad suspense, this program has jumped the shark

• Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭jos28

I thought that too when they started chatting. Sure who else could it be :confused: I'm certain there were no other women of child bearing age in Dublin back then :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭CassieManson

jos28 wrote: »
    I thought that too when they started chatting. Sure who else could it be :confused: I'm certain there were no other women of child bearing age in Dublin back then :rolleyes:

Yes and the friction between Carol and Eoghans mother has been set up after that ridiculous conversation when she went to the house with the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,181 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Why did Deagan call Eoins name before Tommy Dillon ? to add some really bad suspense, this program has jumped the shark

Jumped the shark??? It was never great to begin with and Fonzie's waterski moment still beats it hands down!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭mattP

Calling it: Granny O'Brien is Robbies mother :o

• Advertisement

mattP wrote: »
    Calling it: Granny O'Brien is Robbies mother :o

In fairness given Fair City is as subtle as an elephant in a kitchen, I think everyone called this one! The odds are about 100000000000/1 that someone would mention what Robbie did for the first time 5 minutes after we first saw his real mother happen to walk by him.

Seriously? ?? How stupid are the writers.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement