Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers & Discussion v5] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Rodney12 wrote: »
    what session do they start that joke about rodney/dave in only fools and horses? I've just watched the first two seasons because its on netflix but they dont have any more seasons up there?

Please watch every episode of Fools and Horses that you can get your hands on, Rodney12. Pure TV gold :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Don't call me Dave. My name is Rodney.
    Okay, Dave

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 45 Rodney12

sligojoek wrote: »
    Don't call me Dave. My name is Rodney.
    Okay, Dave

Ya guys pass around the memo. My name is Rodney ok....hahah

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Rose016 wrote: »
    Please submit what should be title of Heathers book ???

A family affair. :):)

Everyone in F.C goes to Galway.
    Orla came to Sligo for a few months a few years ago. I searched every pub day and night and never found her. They're making it up, I tell ya.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Rose016

I'm thinking ...

F$*k ya Farah

53 shades of Spar

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭squadro

Jaysis I've a longin on me for a one an one.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭squadro

fin12 wrote: »
    what ya drinking squadro???

Cobra.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,085 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

A family affair. :):)

Very good, Fin.. You win :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Very good, Fin.. You win :)

Aww thanks Colly, :):)

• Advertisement

Please submit what should be title of Heathers book ???

Farrah Phelan and the Curse of Christy

Spar Parts

Sins of the Fathers (renamed Sins of the Daaaaas)

MAXimum Overdrive

Fifty Shades of Shiite

In the name o' me da.

Deegan has a poor speaking voice. When he said ''We picked Cathal up in Galway'', for a moment there I thought he said ''We picked Coolhull up in Galway''
    That terrified me.

Then I thought to myself, ''Naw, sure it's only Deegan, I don't have anything to worry about''

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭waterlesshouse

The writers dont think full stop...I find I loose respect for characters like farah when they take the higher moral ground .. that only happens in real life .. this is a soap .. come on guys ... farah should have knocked forty shades outta her when she locked her in ... then the writers had a perfect moment to create a future nut banger if farah let lovely Ellie hear that her ma was a ho...

What was the waste of time car park scene for ? Sure everyone wud wanta cheer up.. cab are only getting a reception desk .. half an attic..a tiny basement..a few feet of a hallway and a panelled wall and table...

I thought the car park scene was going to result in Cathal emerging from the back seat of the car as Jackie locked the doors.......... What was it for ?????:confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Rose016

I thought the car park scene was going to result in Cathal emerging from the back seat of the car as Jackie locked the doors.......... What was it for ?????:confused::confused::confused:

So did I ... I was actually nervous that FC was going to shock the lights outta me... kept looking to see was it cathal in the back seat or the clown of a cameraman from Leos taxi 2 weeks ago .... but nope nothing... as flat, dull and dry as a ryvita on hot day

It's called tension but RTE don't do it very well

coolhull wrote: »
    Deegan has a poor speaking voice. When he said ''We picked Cathal up in Galway'', for a moment there I thought he said ''We picked Coolhull up in Galway''
    That terrified me.

Then I thought to myself, ''Naw, sure it's only Deegan, I don't have anything to worry about''
    I wouldn't get too cocky yet. Deegan's no eejit.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,085 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

I thought similar, when I seen the graffiti on the wall I thought 'that's a rough area' she's going to be attached!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,872 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Rodney12 wrote: »
    what session do they start that joke about rodney/dave in only fools and horses? I've just watched the first two seasons because its on netflix but they dont have any more seasons up there?

Trigger was in it from the very start, wasn't he? Does he not call Rodney 'Dave' in those early episodes?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Jeez this thread was on fire last night. Dave, coolhull and the rest of you! Love it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭katkin

or Cork. :):)

But not Mallow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Does that mean Miley Byrne is Robbie's brother in law? Well holy god.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    Does that mean Miley Byrne is Robbie's brother in law? Well holy god.

and Dick Moran's the father....

• Registered Users Posts: 86,761 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

and Dick Moran's the father....

It would be great to see Brendan Shine in as Robbie's da :p

I always thought actor who played Dick was singer Brendan Shine as they look alike

I was waiying for Cathal also lol shame it didn't happen

also the shop refit? it looks the exact same

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Just caught up now on last night's episode.

One thing I noticed from that scene - now I know why they couldn't jump start Jackie's car - they probably couldn't get jump leads long enough. The scene showed Leo's car reversed in front of Jackie's car - wouldn't it have made more sense to have them facing one another for jump starting or did I miss something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭ponzook

Just realized Doug looks like the cartoon character Doug. Was this on purpose?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

doug and ray are just brilliant in scenes together!! the awkward body language, bodily jerks, northside sayings, minimal lip movement, zero eye contact, hands and heads twerking like an epileptic butterfly, its just a wondrous scene to behold!

ponzook wrote: »
    Just realized Doug looks like the cartoon character Doug. Was this on purpose?

everything about Doug is an accident........but a magical accident!

• Advertisement

parental-advisory.png

For the next fifteen minutes of Fair City, viewers are advised to suspend any shred of reality as it is bound to be the most nonsensical writing in many a year.....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement